Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Boudoir photos???

Hey ladies!

So I have been reading about popular trends lately and I have been coming across a lot of these boudoir photo shoots...I think it's a cool idea and would be a great surprise for FH in an album as a gift before the ceremony of me in wedding lingerie but I have never done anything like this before so I guess my questions would be:

Have any of you done this? and if so :

1. Was it a comfortable/fun experience with the photographer? Or did you feel awkward?

2. What was hubby's reaction?

3. Did you find it to be a good investment or a waste of money??

Input would be very much appreciated! Thanks girls :)

Re: Boudoir photos???

• Prior to my wedding gift to DH, I had never done a boudoir shoot.
    I actually got my wedding photographer to do them. She was great to work with. If you can find someone you feel comfortable with.
    He loved it.
    I think it was a decent use of money. I would never do it again.

Also I didn't give mine to DH until we got home from hotel the day after the wedding. I didn't want to risk it getting lost or in the wrong hands. I got a nicely bound book printed.
  • Personally, I don't see the point. They look awesome, but it's not something you can really admire - although, maybe he would admire it when he's alone? ;) I just feel like pictures are for sharing, hanging, looking at. One of my friends had these done for an anniversary and actually had them displayed on the walls of her bedroom. Which I think is an appropriate place for them, except any time I had to go into her bedroom. It always made me uncomfortable to see sexy pictures of her, however tasteful they might be.  Sometimes she remembered and would stash them in the nightstand, but it wasn't all that often.
  • 1. Was it a comfortable/fun experience with the photographer? Or did you feel awkward?

I loved it, it was super fun and he had no idea it was being done. I went and got my hair/makeup done, the photographer was fantastic. I just had a short 1/2 hr session but it was a ton of fun!

2. What was hubby's reaction? He loved them, I was so excited to show him that I ended up giving them to him for valentines day insted of for his b-day in march

3. Did you find it to be a good investment or a waste of money? I would do it again in a heart beat!

• thanks for the input ladies!
  • I did it, partly for my fiancé, but mostly for myself. We're trying to get pregnant and I wanted to capture my body as it looks now. I had a ton of fun doing them. He LOVES them. And I found it to be a fun one-off investment. They did my hair and makeup too, and I had them done at a fancy hotel in the city. My fiancé met me at the bar after and we went out to dinner with my fancy look. It was really a fun time!
  • Have any of you done this? and if so :

1. Was it a comfortable/fun experience with the photographer? Or did you feel awkward?

2. What was hubby's reaction?

3. Did you find it to be a good investment or a waste of money??

Input would be very much appreciated! Thanks girls :)

1) Yes it was comfortable and I did feel a bit awkward but i got into it. 
    2) He was happy but not overly surprised.
    3). I paid $25 for 16 shots. 3 of which were not worthy of being shown to me (mouth open, not edited). My photographer is building her portfolio though and this was her first B-Pic session so it came with doing it. 

Personally, Im happy I did it, I think it helped boost my self confidence. That at a size 16, im still sexy. 
    Married 11/12/05 ~ Renewed Our Vows 11/9/13. 

"The LORD will fight for you, you need only be still."

• I'm doing mine right after I get my hair and make up done before the wedding. Gives me something to do while the girls are getting ready and I'll feel sexy all day. We are getting ready at my house so it works out. I'm really excited.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • One of these days I would LOVE to do, not so much a boudoir photo shoot, but more a "pin-up girl" type photo shoot. I've always really admired that look and was planning to buy a piece of art in that style, but then I thought why don't I be the subject.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • As an active duty military bride and often separated from my hubby, I did one for my husband and gave it to him as a wedding gift. He loved it. It was expensive ($700 for the 2 hour shoot, photo rights (300 pictures at least), and making my own photo album online) but I feel it was worth it. The photos are lovely and my husband says it reminds him how beautiful I am when we are apart. As for the photoshoot itself, I started with lingerie and used 4 outfits, eventually being comfortable enough to go topless for the last shots. I used my favorite shirt of his (and now he cant wear it without thinking about me), as well as the engagement ring, anniversary earrings from when we were dating, and two lingerie outfits. I researched boudoir photos on Pinterest and the internet and created a document with the ones I liked and wanted to reproduce so I went into it knowing what to expect and how I wanted to look. My photographer was amazed that I was so comfortable and thought I had done it before (Ihadn't). I also used the opportunity to do a trial run for my hair and makeup. If not for anything else the pictures will at least be a great reminder of my youth when I get old! As a disclaimer, I was in California where such shoots are expensive, had I had time to do it at my hometown it would have been half the cost, so don't despair and shop around. I had some ridiculous quotes of $2K for the session. Have fun with it and good luck!
  • Anybody remember those old Viewmaster toys with the little slides you clicked through?
    I found a boudoir tog who does those. I'm pretty darn modest, but it sounds like it could be so fun, and very private if you packaged them that way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards