Plus-Sized
Options

Shower Dress

hi girls I havent been around this board for a while...Anyway. My shower is exactly 2 months and  I am trying to slim down another 5-10 lbs before then-- but I have no idea where to find a dress. Right now I am between a 20 adn 22 and hopefully If i lose a few lbs i can fit loosely into a size 20 so that i dont look squeezed in.

Anyway- I ma having the HARDEST time finding a dress for my shower. I hate that plus size designers make frumpy looking dresses. i dont understand why they dont just make the versions of their dresses they have-- just in plus size.

I found a few options at dillards. I want something I can wear again. I'm willing to pay up to $150 for a dress. I want something with either a 3/4 sleeve or a short sleeve.
I don't want it TOO long and matronly.
But I do want to look sophiscated and elegant.

Here is my best option so far:
http://www.dillards.com/product/Adrianna-Papell-for-E!-Live-from-the-Red-Carpet-Lace-Dress_301_-1_301_502813871

Please let me knoqw where you all got your dresses.
I am also contemplating getting a dress on Eshakti
www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image

Re: Shower Dress

• Options
    Try onestopplus.com, lanebryant.com, or avenue.com...they can come up with some pretty cute stuff. onestopplus.com basically puts all the dresses for plus sizes together at once and its a variety of price ranges....I still have to find my bridal shower outfit and rehearsal dinner outfit too :) Good luck!
  • Options
    I just bought my Bridal Shower dress and my Rehearsal dress at Dress Barn. I'm either a 14/16 in misses and a 14w in womens. I ended up finding 2 really cute dresses (14w) that didn't cost me an arm and a leg. With a  shrug for both dresses the total cost was $140 for 2 outfits. I just need to find shoes. The dresses don't look frumpy (which is a big fear of mine) and they make me look thinner. Try Dress Barn if you have one in your area. It's worth a trip. Good Luck and no matter what you wear I'm sure you will look beautiful! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards