Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Ceremony Music Question

For those of you that are using or have used songs with lyrics for parts of the ceremony (mother's entrance, bridesmaid entrance or even bride's entrance) do you play the whole song or just a clip? How does that work?
---
tabbicakes 

133 image     74 image     59   image   
RSVP Date: September 20

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony Music Question

• It all depends on timing. Are you having a dj play the ceremony music? If so, he or she will take care of it.

If you are having a friend do the music for you, I recommend going to your venue ahead of time with a stopwatch, and timing how long it takes for you to slowly walk down the aisle. That will give you a good idea of how much time you need to plan for each song.

I had my bridesmaids walk to "To Make You Feel My Love" by Garth Brooks. I had 4 maids and a long aisle, and the full song worked out perfectly. I just reminded them to walk s-l-o-w-l-y to make the timing work. 

Good luck!
  • Thank you for responding

I am pretty sure we are having a DJ. 
    ---
    tabbicakes 

133 image     74 image     59   image   
    RSVP Date: September 20

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I am doing a LOT more contemporary vocal selections for ceremonies with my couples, and it's great because you can use songs that really speak to you as a couple and your relationship and that conveys the sentiment you want.

If you are using a DJ for your ceremony, talk to them specifically about this.  Songs can be edited to do lots of cool things like loop and extend (or cut OUT) intros, rearrange or cut out verses and choruses, make parts of the song longer or shorter to match the amount of time you need for your walk, etc.

Any professional DJ worth his or her salt should be able to offer these types of musical editing services.  Some may charge nominally more for them - I personally do not charge my clients more for these types of edits if I am doing their ceremony as well.

Don't feel your options are limited to the song as-written, or that your only choices are "start and fade."  Those are only the beginning, but so much more is possible!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards