Not Engaged Yet

AW PIP Sneak Preview - I have a BIL!

I can't totally steal @southernpeach89 's fire but I HAVE to share a couple of things from the wedding on Saturday. The day of was absolutely beautiful by the time the afternoon rolled around. If it hadn't been for the wind and cold temperatures the weather would have been perfect. I think the only minor point of the drama for the day was when we were all lined up alonside the venue and preparing to walk down the aisle. I realized at very nearly the last second the flower girl was missing her basket and the ring bearer was missing the devotional he was asked to carry. I sprinted in my dress back inside and found both items and brought them back just as the first bridesmaids were making their way down the aisle. Anyway....pictures!!!

Re: AW PIP Sneak Preview - I have a BIL!

• aw...it looks like @southernpeach89 had a wonderful day! I'm so happy for her and your new BIL! Love the photo of the cake. Stunning! Can't wait to see more when she comes back here!
  • So stunning!  I want to see more!!!
  • It looks so beautiful! I love that cake! I want to see more!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Aww I love it! Can't wait to see more!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I can't wait to see more too! The photographer is supposed to share a link later this afternoon of all of the pictures he took. For now it's just 40 or so that he posted on his Facebook page this morning. I took a bunch of pictures too that I'll share later of the rehearsal dinner and us getting ready. I swear, the RD could have stood alone as a wedding. Her H's (EEEE!!!) step mom and mom did an a amazing job with the venue they reserved for the night. There was a catered meal, an open bar, and a live band and the decorations were gorgeous! They also had the most amazing ice cream sundae bar for dessert!

• What a wonderful day!
  • Looks beautiful!  Your dad looks especially sharp! What is that uniform? 
  • Yay! Congrats @southernpeach89

Can't wait for more pics!

• @CASK85 My dad is a retired Army colonel. My sister requested that he wear his dress uniform for the wedding instead of the more traditional tux. I think a lot of people were impressed! The DJ kept referring to him over the mic as "The Colonol" all night. It's been 13 years since my dad retired from the Army...I think he was just happy he was still able to fit in his uniform.

• I had to double take the picture of the older fella. He looks a lot like Patrick Stewart.

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @beanbot2002 That's my grandfather! I don't think I've ever seen that...but I totally agree...he does resemble Patrick Stewart. I just love this picture so much...I think he's telling the photographer to take his camera and stick it unfortunately. But it's still a good shot of him. :)

• @lmhollister love it!!! Great job! I love everything and can't wait to relive the day when @southernpeach89 comes back. Where'd they honeymoon to?
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @lmhollister love it!!! Great job! I love everything and can't wait to relive the day when @southernpeach89 comes back. Where'd they honeymoon to?
    Nassau Island in the Bahamas. They went to a Sandals resort there. They had originally booked a trip to Sandals in St. Lucia but when they got to the airport this morning they couldn't go because BIL's passport expires in 5 1/2 months and apparently they won't allow you in the country unless your passport is good for at least another 6 months for some crazy reason! Nobody knew this or saw any information anywhere that this was a rule! Thank goodness my dad waited for them to get through security! My sister came out in tears but they were still able to rebook all their travel and get on another plane right away.

• Everything looks wonderful! I can't wait to see more pictures!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Everything looks beautiful!

Nassau Island in the Bahamas. They went to a Sandals resort there. They had originally booked a trip to Sandals in St. Lucia but when they got to the airport this morning they couldn't go because BIL's passport expires in 5 1/2 months and apparently they won't allow you in the country unless your passport is good for at least another 6 months for some crazy reason! Nobody knew this or saw any information anywhere that this was a rule! Thank goodness my dad waited for them to get through security! My sister came out in tears but they were still able to rebook all their travel and get on another plane right away.
    Ugh, that's so frustrating! I actually went to Italy when I was younger, and they let me get on the plane even though my passport expired 5 days after I was due to return. I shouldn't have been cutting it close, but geez, 6 months? REALLY?

Anyway ... thanks for the pictures so we don't have to die of anticipation waiting for @southernpeach89 to return! Everything looks so amazing!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Looks gorgeous! Thanks for sharing and can't wait to see more! Glad everything went great! 
  • @lmhollister oh my gosh!  I would absolutely freak out at the airport.  I'm glad they were able to fix that mistake (although, really, St. Lucia, 6 months?!)

My passport is currently expired.  And I'm moving so I'm not renewing it until I have a new address...good thing our honeymoon doesn't even have a month yet lol
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • So pretty!! Can't wait to see more pictures! His uniform really is amazing.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards