New York-Long Island
Options

CHEAP LI location for Engagement Photos?

The dress- yes. The band- totally! But I refuse to spend $$$$ to take engagement pictures in some fancy place. I'm hoping with your help I can find an outdoor location thats reasonable- or Free! Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Re: CHEAP LI location for Engagement Photos?

• Options
    I think a lot of people take pictures at Argyle in Babylon im assuming it's free
  • Options
    Yes, Argyle in Babylon is free.

Some other parks that have a minimal entrance fee (per carload)
    Sands Point in Port Washington
    Bayard Cutting Aboretum in Oakdale
    Robert Moses 

Northport Village - there is a pretty harbor there & the neighboring park, while small, is well-maintained. Parking is free.

Or what about any of the vineyards on the North Fork? You don't have to pay to go there and some of the bigger ones are very pretty.  On a busy day, I don't think they would really notice.
  • Options
    Francis Lewis Park is in queens, but it has a gorgeous view of the Whitestone Bridge, plus lots of trees, park area, benches, tables etc.
  • Options
    I totally agree! I looked into Old Westbury Gardens because I just love how the pics come out but they want $150!! Redic!

Baynard Cutting Arboretum in Oakdale is free Labor Day to Memorial day ($8 per car in the busy season which is basically nothing, cheaper than the beach!)  That is where we may be taking our engagement pics.. there or Brookwood Hall in East Islip, where it's free, they allow dogs (FH wants the dog in a few pics), and there is a little lake/pond there and lots of funky trees and beautiful sunsets in the summer.  FH plays softball there in the summers and I've always wanted to take pics there =) we may do both since they're so close.  Hope that helps =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards