Not Engaged Yet

Thanksgiving and Weekend!

Good morning, lovely ladies! I know it's only Wednesday but with the holiday tomorrow, I'm pulling a fast one and doing the weekend thread TODAY. 

I can't believe tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Today the weather is miserable (downpouring and super windy, my umbrella barely made it in one piece). I treated myself to double the chocolate this morning: peppermint mocha and a chocolate croissant. YUM!

H and I are sleeping in and then I have to get my Thanksgiving dishes together. I'm making Skinnytaste Baked Brie Phyllo Cups with Craisins and Walnuts and Mock Garlic Mashed Potatoes (this one is not by choice, I'm a potato girl but my aunt requested mashed cauliflower for some reason). Then we're driving about 45 minutes to my aunt's house where I will promptly begin gorging myself with all the goodies all day and night.

I'm off on Friday and I'm hoping to go see Catching Fire again on Friday although I'm not sure I want to venture anywhere near the mall. It'll feel like being in the Hunger Games trying to park and get to the theater so we'll see how adventurous I'm feeling. 

Saturday I need to clean and then I have a Devils game. 

Sunday will be a likely be a shitshow. I'm going to the Dolphins/Jets game with H, BIL, SIL, my cousin, and 750 other Dolphins fans (the game is @ the Jets). We're all in the same area and set some record because of how many of us there will be. The game starts at 1 and we're getting to the stadium by 9am at the latest. 

Re: Thanksgiving and Weekend!

• The weather sucks here too. I got up at 4am for work and let the dog out, and the temperature was nice until the wind started up, then I was cold. Thankfully he does his business pretty fast in the morning, but we were both soaked!

Today I'm working until 2:30 then heading home and doing some final cleaning before my parents come in. Depending on the weather where they are, they may be coming in tonight or tomorrow AM.

Thursday I'm cooking Thanksgiving dinner with BF's help (this may not turn out well), then I"ll have to pick up BF's mom from her house and bring her for dinner. It'll be the first time my parents and her get to meet.

Friday I'm working 6-2:30 again and putting up the Christmas tree and Christmas decorations. Then I'm getting wings and beer with @brisox81 and her BF (THIS IS MY FAVORITE PART OF THE WEEKEND)

Saturday my mom and I are going shopping, then we're taking pictures for our holiday card.

Sunday I'm going to eat and sleep and watch football. @swazzle I'm jealous you're going to a Jets/Dolphins game, have fun!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I have the rest of the week off. woohoo! I'm hanging out with my in-laws today while DH works. we'll go meet him for lunch but otherwise stay in because it's so yucky outside.

Tomorrow we take the ILs to the airport, then I'll start putting up Christmas decorations. my mom and sis and the kids come friday, then dad and BIL on Saturday for our T'giving meal. should be fun and relaxing!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @buddysmom80 - Don't let T anywhere near the mayo tomorrow. I'm so jealous of your Friday. I want to come!!!

• Swazzle said:
    @buddysmom80 - Don't let T anywhere near the mayo tomorrow. I'm so jealous of your Friday. I want to come!!!

He's in charge of the green bean casserole, hopefully without mayo.

I wish you were coming with us too Friday!!!! My life would be complete if I could spend one day a week with all the NEYers hahaha!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Today I get off work at 4 (I misjudged what time I needed to get in to be able to leave at 3 - oh well, I'll survive).  Hopefully I can clean up the house a little tonight and watch Hunger Games because I'm really hoping to see Catching Fire over the weekend.

Tomorrow - Go to BF's mom's house for Thanksgiving.  My mom has requested that we do NOT stop in just to say 'hello' so I'll probably honor her wishes even though BF is not too happy about me not seeing my family on the holiday.

Friday - Avoid going out at all costs - the crazies will be out :)

Sat/Sun - No plans yet, probably have to go to the grocery store at some point.

Be Safe Everybody!!

Anniversary
  • DH and I are driving to my parents' house tonight so we can start helping my parents with the fooood.  Tomorrow we'll be eating and then heading back home because we both have to go into work on Friday morning...but we'll stay up to watch the Ravens play the Steelers!  Friday afternoon, I'll be cleaning and what not while DH packs because he leaves for France on Saturday.  I'll be taking him to the airport on Saturday and then spending the rest of the weekend....binge-watching Netflix and hanging out with Minnie. 
  • I'm hoping to leave a little early today and work either at my house or my parent's house for the rest of the afternoon. Tonight I need to make a pumpkin pie and also make sure I have all of my ingredients ready for tomorrow to make green bean casserole and macaroni pie (baked mac n cheese). It's super cold here today too (just like everyone else on the East Coast). The wind is blowing and the wind chill is somewhere in the teens. We were supposed to get snow but now they are saying light flurries (if we get anything at all) are predicted until around 11 and then it's supposed to clear up.

Tomorrow I told BF I'd like to be at my parent's house by 9 or 9:30 so we can have cinnamon rolls with them. It's going to be a really low key Thanksgiving for us. @southernpeach89 and her H are on their HM and busy digging their toes in the sand and doing other sexier things so it's just me, BF, my parents, my other little sister, and my grandparents who stayed in town after the wedding. I think my mom is making hot spiced apple cider for tomorrow so I'm pretty excited about that. We're also planning to bring over a couple of trays of food to a really good family friend and her mom. Our friend had surgery recently and is pretty much bed-ridden.

Friday - stay home and do nothing/avoid all the crazies. Eat leftovers and watch TV.

Saturday - hoping to meet up with two GF's for a coffee date because the three of us haven't gotten together as a group in a super long time. Eat more food.

Sunday - more sitting on my big fat butt. Eat more leftovers. Maybe if it's not so frigid BF and I will take the dog on a long walk.

• It is DEAD at my office today. I brought LaMar's donuts in for those working...so far it's just me and one other guy in an office of about 200. Granted it's only 7am here, but why the heck did I get 2 dozen. Geesh!

Today I'm off at 11...then I'll be running some errands and cleaning the house.

Tomorrow we're headed to my BIL&SIL's house about an hour away. We're bringing stuffed mushrooms and some sort of veggie and dessert which I still haven't decided on yet.

Friday H and I are going to get and put up our x-mas tree! Since we're traveling for Christmas we figured we'd put it up early this year so we'll have time to enjoy it.

Saturday I'm planning to put up the rest of the holiday decorations while H goes to a coin show with his dad and brother.

Sunday is RELAX day.

• @allusive007 My office is completely dead too. I'm honestly questioning why I'm even here right now. Once I get some projects completed this morning I'll have nothing else to do really. If I was closer I'd come help you eat your donuts. :)

• Tonight I'm making Apple Crisp and Collard Greens (with ham hocks) to get those two things out of the way.

Tomorrow, I'll be getting up at the crack of dawn to start the turkey and start working on all of the other dishes we need to cook. Mom and I are making Thanksgiving Dinner together. We do a pretty bang up job and we have a system, as we've been doing it together since I was about 15 (so 18/19 years). Then one of my coworkers and her sons are coming over to join us for dinner. She doesn't have any family in the area and mentioned not being able to afford a turkey for the kids this year. Well, she did a wonderful thing for me and Bean one Christmas years ago, when I fell on hard times. Least I can do is invite them to Thanksgiving.

Friday is a barn day for Bean.

Saturday I'm hoping to go buy our Christmas Tree and do all of the inside decorating. Our handy man guy came and did all of the outdoor decorations this past weekend.

Sunday will be full of lazing around and eating turkey sandwiches. Oh wait...Nope. I have to take Callie to the adoption event. Hopefully we can find her a home!

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @beanbot2002 I wish I was at your Thanksgiving. I LOVE apple crisp and collard greens (especially with ham!!). I have a recipe for apple crisp that was my great great grandmother's and I swear it's heaven. Good luck with Callie on Sunday! She seems like such a sweet little baby and I'm sure she'll find a loving home easily. I'm sorry your sister didn't adopt her. :( Your post reminded me of more stuff.

Tonight I'll probably end up pulling out my Christmas decorations in preparation for decorating on Friday/this weekend. I'm super excited because this is our first Christmas in our new house so the decorating possibilities are endless! I'd like to wrap garland and lights around the columns on our front porch and also hang icicle lights over the front porch and following the line of the roof over the garage side of the house. Eventually I'd like to get a candle and wreath to hang in every window on the front side of the house. I also want to decorate our mailbox with garland and a pretty bow.

Does anyone use solar lights in their outdoor decorating at all? I've read mixed reviews on how long they last after the sun goes down and I'd like my display to last for more than a couple hours. I'll probably end up sticking with LED lights instead but the solar lights and the zero impact on our electricity bill is SO tempting.

• The office is quiet, but it's hard to tell whether it's more quiet than usual.

BF and I are going to spend a few days with my parents. His family isn't doing anything for Thanksgiving this year, which is unlike them. We'll have the turkey spread tomorrow, then head out for Black Friday shopping at midnight. This year, that will be after the crazy groups in the evening and before the people in the morning, plus I have a serious problem with the stores opening early. It felt like a ... better compromise to me. Maybe Friday I can run down to the local yarn store and have them teach me how to kitchener and seam to finish up my absolutely beautiful Norwegian stranded knitting scarf. Saturday my aunt and uncle are coming to my parents' and we're having a Famous Dave's-style spread. Sunday is for football and quiet.

By the by, if you were going to get glitter-free shatterproof ornaments, where have you seen good ones? BF is a glitterphobe and I like to say I have a smart cat, but it's a lie.
  • :)  Happy Thanksgiving ladies!!!

• The weather here is horrible too. It's been raining and our backyard is like a marsh. GREAT weather for housetraining a puppy.

So today is just Thanksgiving prep, studying, and watching the pup - she is awesome! So smart and catching on to things very quickly. I love her. <3

Tomorrow we are going to my brother's house; his roommate is hosting Thanksgiving for her family and they invited us to join them. They are a great group of people, but I'm not going to lie, I'd rather host Thanksgiving so as to be in possession of alllllll the leftovers. ;)

I am so excited because I have nothing scheduled Friday through Sunday - no work, no clinical, no anything, so that should be a good chunk of study time in preparation for my four exams coming up. I will probably have to drag my brother to Catching Fire at some point since I am dying to see it! He just got a full-time job and is working on Friday, though, so maybe over the weekend.

I am missing C a little bit right now. Mostly I miss having an SO to share the holidays with, and I do miss him in particular in some ways. But not as much as I thought I would. So I feel like that's progress.

Anybody going Black Friday shopping? I hate the concept but if I wasn't broke this year I'd probably try it, just to say I gave it a shot.
  • @Amapola14 - Moar puppy pics, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

• @swazzle jealous of you going to the Jets game, my parents have season tickets but I never get to go. 

I have work until 5 today, then it's home for lots of cleaning and prep cooking for tomorrow.  My family is coming over for thanksgiving.  I'm so excited to be hosting.  My parents and siblings are coming over pretty early tomorrow and later on after we will head over to FI"s family for dessert.

Friday I have to work, but I get to work from home.  Have I mentioned how much I love my new job???? I only have to work until 1 anyways.  Not sure what else we have planned for the rest of the day, possibly going to see Catching Fire. No real exciting plans on Saturday or Sunday.  I think we may have some friends over for Saturday to play with the expansions FI just got for Cards Against Humanity. 

Anniversary

• The weather here is horrible this morning. It took me forever to get from FI's to work. I'm working the morning tomorrow and hopefully will get my articles out in time to go to FI's family Thanksgiving at 3 p.m. Friday I think we'll go see Frozen and Saturday, FI and my parents' are meeting up for lunch! FI is worried, but I'm not too much. I think they'll get along great. Sunday is going to be a pretty chill day after all the holiday craziness.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @bubbles053009,

@Swazzle, I have some good ones for you! Maggie is asleep on my lap right now, so I will have to get them off my phone upstairs when she wakes up. :)
  • Swazzle said:
    I <3 you even more.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @Bubbles, it's not a matter of NOT caring about you,  but I care about everyone else on here too, so I'm going to say something when people are passive-aggressive and rude to them. Maybe you're trying to be playful, but it didn't come off that way at all.
  • @KeptInStitches, good luck to you out there on Friday! You're a braver human than I.
  • Morning ladies! H, BIL, and I are in the car headed to OH, and the internets are not agreeing with my iPad and eating my posts!

I have three more Thanksgivings to get through this week. Here's to lots of wine and hoping my pants still fit on Monday.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • suzie211 said:
    Morning ladies! H, BIL, and I are in the car headed to OH, and the internets are not agreeing with my iPad and eating my posts!

I have three more Thanksgivings to get through this week. Here's to lots of wine and hoping my pants still fit on Monday.
    That's why yoga pants were invented! I'll be sporting mine most of the weekend! Have a safe trip!
    I came prepared and am already wearing a pair.  I fully expect them to get lots of use this week.  Stretchy waistbands are a must the next couple days. Tomorrow's outfit consists of a dress so I could skip the waistband all together.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards