Not Engaged Yet

Thanksgiving and Weekend!

13»

Re: Thanksgiving and Weekend!

• @audrewuh then definitely go for the free drinks. Free booze>paid for booze.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• audrewuh said:

Wait, so @bubbles053009, I'm so confused will all your vagueness! I'd like to know when and where you are referring to my actions in yesterday's post.

I still think it's a shitty thing that you used YOUR BOYFRIEND'S FATHER's illness to garner sympathy from a group of women who clearly have no intention of fostering a relationship with you.

Yes. I'm still hung up on that because it's a sick thing to do.

Your BF also needs to grow a pair and stand up to his mother, but that's another story.

You both need some help.

What does my BF need to stand up to his mother about? Him not wanting to leave her alone as she grieving the loss of her husband and potentially having an anxiety attack that could give her a heart attack? Or him not wanting to move out of the house until the beginning of the year so that he can take care of things to make sure she'll be okay when he's gone?

Also, I did not use his father's illness to get sympathy from people who don't care about me. I had brought it up a few times in some of my posts and figured those who did care about me would like to know what was going on.

Yea, you see, I stand up to my mother when family says things about my husband. Like when my grandmother said a really racist remark about my at the time boyfriend who was Mexican, I shut that shit down quick and my boyfriend never knew about it.

You BF needs some balls to tell his mother and SIL to STFU. And then NOT TELL YOU ABOUT IT. Because you're just a big ol' drama mamma.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • suzie211suzie211 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2013
    Since I like my math symbols today, I will put it this way: 

Family>not family

SIL wins.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • I feel bad for your BF's SIL. 

• Swazzle said:
    I feel bad for your BF's SIL. 
    If you met her you wouldn't.
    Pretty sure we already agree on one thing.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • suzie211 said:
    Swazzle said:
    Was that in response to me or Swazzle? My guess is Swazzle.
    um, nope. That was all you. @swazzle is accountable just like 99.9% of everyone on here.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • suzie211 said:
    Swazzle said:
    Was that in response to me or Swazzle? My guess is Swazzle.
    um, nope. That was all you. @swazzle is accountable just like 99.9% of everyone on here.
    Okay, I'm confused. Was she agreeing to me or Swazzle's response?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • This makes my head hurt.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    a little late but it's one of my favorite gif's

Anniversary

• Blackbird230Blackbird230 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    All I got from any of this thread was that I need to go get a drink.

Then I remembered I have Amaretto and milk.

Edited for grammar*

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • amlrunneramlrunner member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2013
    wrong board, sorry
  • cu97tiger said:
    @bubbles053009

I'm usually the last one to start drama. Or escalate drama. Or participate in drama. Or even fucking acknowledge drama. Because I've been programmed since childhood to avoid conflict like it was the fucking plague. But you. YOU. For the love of god.

You come on here with all these stories. And issues. And you don't like any of our advice. So you keep going on your demented 'I'll move in to OUR condo MONTHS after my BF does' path. And then you manufacture SIL drama. (Meaning that, while you SIL may be a grade A bitch, you milk every motherfucking drop of sympathy for the sheer act of acting like an adult towards another human being).

I'm sorry, but with all that you've told us of your relationship with your BF, and your relationship with 1) your BF's sister, and 2) your BF's mother and 3) your BF's father.... I'm sorry, but I cannot take ANY post you write seriously. It isn't that I don't care, it's that you you've shown that YOU don't care what I or NEY has to say. So please, PLEASE, find an offline therapist and get yourself some fucking help and get off this board.
    This.  SO MUCH THIS.

I have actually been avoiding this board in weeks past because I don't want to deal with you anymore, Bubbles.

Every single thread turns into a Bubbles drama nightmare wrought with "poor me" sob stories and excuses.  I just can't take it anymore.

Just get a therapist and leave.  Realize that we are not your therapists, nor are we your friends.  Staying on this board to "not let us win" and secretly hoping that eventually you will forge friendships isn't a good plan.  No one here takes you seriously...and everyone I can think of thinks you're a hot mess.  And when the perception of you is THAT strong, it's not going to change.
  • Oh my. 

Anyhoo, I worked today right smack dab in the middle of the day.  I wasn't able to do anything because of work, but I'm not bummed.  I'd actually rather work and earn money than have spent lots of money on gas.  

This weekend I work until Saturday night.  A friend of mine is having a birthday party on Sunday so BF and I might go to that.  Other than that, it's the usual.
  • @Amapola14 - I am thinking about going out tomorrow morning (6am... ugh...) to try and snag a Christmas Tree at the Home Depot. They have a fake 7.5 foot tree that is originally $200 but is down to $70. But... A real tree is so much less of a hassle (as far as getting up is concerned anyways). Other than that, some movies at Target and some new Tupperware at Walmart.

Today, FI and I introduced our families. My mom had a great time meeting FI's parents and everyone was polite (Thank god! I had to have a discussion with my brother and I shot him a few looks during the entire thing). So, anxiety level is way down now!
    FI's mother made a fabulous Thanksgiving dinner. It was delicious, especially the sweet potatoes with pecans and brown sugar baked on top (we always do marshmallows) and the corn bread stuffing (my new favorite! I usually hate stuffing). And my mom picked up some delicious pies for desert (I may wander in to look at wedding cake designs when I start on those things!)
    Later tonight, I am going to go to Target and Walmart to do some shopping.

Tomorrow, I have to work. But I will try to do a little black Friday shopping and then homework after work.

Saturday/Sunday: I will be working and then back to homework. I have to finish an essay and I am hoping to have both of my online classes finished. This means I need to buckle down and just blast through another 8 chapters... Yes... I procrastinate :-) But, I can do it!
  • I played Cards Against Humanity with my my fiance, cousin and her fiance, my sister, my brother and his girlfriend, and two of my uncles. It was spectacular.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @phira - I love Cards Against Humanity! It's always an hilariously fun time!

• @phira CAH is the best game ever! I printed out the free version but I'm seriously on the verge of sucking it up and buying the official game...plus the expansion packs I don't have yet. My sister and I literally pee ourselves every other time we play together because we're laughing so hard.

• @phira CAH is the best game ever! I printed out the free version but I'm seriously on the verge of sucking it up and buying the official game...plus the expansion packs I don't have yet. My sister and I literally pee ourselves every other time we play together because we're laughing so hard.

Stuck in the damn box!

Don't order CAH today, they upped the price by $5 for Black Friday, I was going to order the Bigger Blacker Box for BF and it was $5 more. Crazy bastards over there at CAH.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 Thanks for the warning. :) Maybe I'll just drop some hints to others that I want it for Christmas. I'm not seriously considering ordering anything this weekend anyway. All the online retailers up their prices and then "discount" them to make it look like you're saving.

• @lmhollister I bought one thing today, after I but the Bigger Blacker Box and one more thing for BF (plus the one thing my parents asked for which I can't find anywhere), I'm DONE with Christmas shopping!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards