Not Engaged Yet

Fun thread? Who's around?

Connecticut is a rainy, annoying bore so I'm currently just sipping an amaretto and cream and chilling out for the night. Yay early deadlines! Anybody around for random, positive chatting?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Fun thread? Who's around?

• I'm here! I'm in a break between Thanksgiving and Christmas prep, so I may not be around for a long time, but I'm up for chatting as long as I'm here :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Yay! How's it going? I have a surprising amount of alcohol in my apartment that needs to go. I think tonight may get fun. How's the weather where you are?

• Sounds like a fun night. 

The weather is ok. It's not nearly as bad as they predicted. It's cold (37 degrees in Alabama? This is awful) and very windy. Yesterday was bad. It was as cold and windy, but rainy as well. It sucked. 

Have you made any Thanksgiving/Christmas preparations yet? I may be way behind because I haven't gotten to read many threads for the past 2 days, and I feel like I'm so behind. 

Oh, random question. I just read OLW. What the heck happened this time with Bubbles?

• Dude I just started catching up on all the crazy Bubbles threads. It kinda is what prompted me to pour a drink. Everything just went BSC from what I can tell.

I'm working tomorrow morning. (Life of a journalist.) But afterward I'm off to FI's to have  Thanksgiving with his family. We had Thanksgiving with my family last weekend.

• Which thread did the BSC start in?

Having to work tomorrow must suck. At least you still get a Thanksgiving meal though! BF's mom decided to schedule their family "dinner" for 2 hours after my family's is supposed to start. My family has a side that's chronically late, so it will most likely start late. I told her this, starting time and everything, and she just told BF and me last night that "OH, by the way, dinner is at 2 p.m. so you better be here by then!" Even though it's just BF's immediate family and they can eat at any time, and my whole extended family is coming. Sigh.

Have you had any holiday drama yet?

• I'm around. I just bought the last piece of my outfit for the wedding BF and I are going to on Saturday. Now I'm resting my feet, I wore my new heels yesterday to break them in before Saturday and my feet are killing me today!

@Kait - the Bubbles threads make me want to pour a drink too!

• I think the holiday questions is where it begins. Then Thanksgiving and then OLW. I still have yet to get to OLW.

Aww I'm sorry about the messed up scheduling. That sucks :(

Not really, no. FI's family has been super welcoming of me and our parents are meeting on Saturday. Everything has gone pretty smoothly so far. Except my insane boss who is currently in the process of probably being fired. That's fun. But that's a whole new story that just is eh, incompetent dumb boss.

• @bethsmiles, OOOH pics???? I love wedding outfits. Were you following the threads as they went along?

• @Kait - I think I've missed the newest BSC actually so I'm gonna have to read that! I just noticed it! I was thinking the posts from when she first started posting! But it sounds like I have some entertaining reading ahead of me.

I will definitely post pictures of my outfit after the wedding! I'm pretty excited about it :)

• I'm here! I'm about to feed and walk the puppy through the elements (we have flurries! The transformation to shit-tastic winter weather is complete!). I should SERIOUSLY be reading and starting my Thanksgiving food prep right now, but I might stick around here with y'all for a bit. :)

@FoxandBunny, I hope everyone pulls themselves together tomorrow, especially your BF's mom! She sounds like a peach from what I've read so far from you. At least there will be lots of FOOD.

@bethsmiles, you are a smart cookie for breaking in your shoes! I always forget to do that and regret it.

@Kait, naive question, but what will you do at work tomorrow? Hopefully you won't have to spend forever on it!
  • @bethsmiles, there's like over 10 pages of BSC I think in total right now that's new. I leave for one day and come back...omg. lol

How are you doing? Are you sheltered in from the insane weather?

• @Amapola14, I have to head to a Walmart and see if people are actually shopping on Thanksgiving and do some interviews and then head to the local soup kitchen to cover that. Lots of photos, random stranger interviews, oh the fun.

• The weather is surprisingly nice today where I am. It's in the 60s!

• Yeah, I got a few pages into the BSC, and I can tell it will be entertaining. 

Amapola14- I hope so too! And yes, she's a total peach. A lovely, lovely woman whom my parents keep asking if I really want to possibly be related to one day.

@bethsmiles- You're super smart. I never remember to break in shoes. I also want to see the outfit. I never get to dress up, and I like living vicariously though others :)

@Kait - Insane bosses suck and need to be fired. I hope you don't have to put up with him/her for very long.

• @FoxandBunny - I rarely get to dress up either! It's pretty much one of the two reason I'm excited for this wedding, the second reason is cake!

• @FoxandBunny, she's on her way out. In the mean time, I have a possible interview next Tuesday that would be a complete career shift that I'm not totally sure is going to get me the money I need. Still going and will find out all the fun details.

• @Kait, that sounds like soooooo much fun. LOL, I hope it goes quickly for you! If I may ask, what kind of job are you interviewing for?
  • @bethsmiles

Speaking of cake, I had the most delicious cake bites yesterday. They were awesomeness in little tiny adorable cake form. They made my taste buds dye and go to heaven. 

@Kait - Good luck! I hope it's exactly what you hope. Why are you changing careers? What are you changing to?

• I'm not sure if I can post it here, but since I'm just going for an interview and don't work for them yet, it's actually a bridal salon probably doing consulting or something of the sort. I'm just getting very mixed feelings about my gig at the newspaper and a change may be good. But the pay would have to be so I could live off of it.

• @Kait, that sounds like a fun job! It sounds like you're still weighing the pros and cons, but good luck! I hope it works out!
  • @Amapola14, thanks! It will definitely be an adventure seeing what it's like and being in an interview that will be so unlike anything I've ever done before.

• @Kait - that sounds like a fun job! Good luck on your interview!

• I'm around. I should be writing, which I am. But my brain hurts. And I'm a little lonely.

I think it was cold here today (I haven't left my apartment). But it was blue skies and sunny, so that was nice. 
  • I'm here too. At work until 9 with nothing to do. I was going to post about my Thanksgiving plans on the other thread but then it got hijacked by crazypants sooo yeah. I just enjoy reading all the hilariousness.

It was cold here today too, my classes were pretty much empty, and it made me wish I would have skipped.
  • @Riss2893 - are you a Spartan? My best friend went to Michigan State :) Your sports teams are having a pretty great year so far. 
  • I'm with ya, @CA SK85. I hate days when I don't get to participate in the outside world.

This dog is scaring me. She keeps going up the stairs, which is fine in and of itself, but the stair railing is such that she could fit through the rails and fall an entire floor down. So I have to keep following her up and helping her down the stairs one at a time so she doesn't accidentally hurl herself to injury or worse.
  • @Riss2893, tell us your plans! I promise we'll behave! 0:)
  • @Amapola14 - your new puppy is so effing cute. I've been meaning to tell you all day. I'm jealous! 
    Maybe you need a gate? 
  • @CA SK85, we definitely need a baby gate, at least until she's bigger so she can't slip through small spaces like that.

@bethsmiles, YAY! :D I'm sure he will rock the second round!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards