New York-Upstate

Winter Wedding in Upstate NY

Hi all,

My wedding request is a bit unusual, but we are looking for winter venues in the Lake Placid area that have an outdoor rink or lake on sight. We would like to have a small ceremony and reception, but ultimately, we would like to get married on the rink or lake. I am wondering if anyone has done this, or knows of anyone who has? We are having trouble finding venues that would work for us and our unusual request.  

Re: Winter Wedding in Upstate NY

• I can't be much help but I do love this idea! We wanted to do something similar, but ended up finding a resort in central NH that has a skating pond. The ceremony will be inside but we'll be doing most of our wedding party photos on the ice as long as everything is fully frozen. They probably would have let us do the ceremony there, but our wedding will be too big and we'll have a lot of elderly guests that probably wouldn't appreciate being out in the cold.
  • I just posted asking about the Lake Placid Lodge, thinking about having our wedding there, but in the fall. They are right on the lake, and do small ceremonies on the dock, but I'm not sure they would go out onto the lake or not. Might be worth a phone call. www.lakeplacidlodge.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just posted asking about the Lake Placid Lodge, thinking about having our wedding there, but in the fall. They are right on the lake, and do small ceremonies on the dock, but I'm not sure they would go out onto the lake or not. Might be worth a phone call. www.lakeplacidlodge.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Whiteface lodge has its own rink. However, all of mirror lake is frozen over in the winter and they have rinks right on it, so that's an option too!
  • Thanks! Yes, we have looked into the Whiteface Lodge, it is beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards