Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Glass vs. Plasticware?

A friend of mine who's trying to cut costs for her wedding in April asked what I thought about using plasticware instead of glassware for drink service. She said the venue's fee to use glassware is $3pp (~$330) in addition to the corkage fee. I don't really have an opinion one way or the other, so I thought I would ask what you ladies think.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Glass vs. Plasticware?

• Options
    I prefer glassware because it won't be thrown out and is much more elegant.
  • Options
    I prefer glassware and am renting it for DD's wedding.  That being said, if she is on a really tight budget and pennies are getting tight, I wouldn't want to see a couple spend 300 bucks they really didn't have on glassware.  I'm assuming if they are using a place with corkage fees they aren't counting their pennies too hard?
  • Options
    plastic seemds cheap and more of a bday party type thing, rather than a wedding
  • Options
    I don't care either way.
  • Options
    It would depend how much they were going to save. They will need to buy several glasses for each person because they will get thrown away and people will just get new ones. I would figure at least a few glasses per person. If they were only going to save a hundred dollars or something I would say go with the glass.
  • Options
    Not a fan of plastic. 
  • Options
    I think plastic looks and feels cheap, and unless she's going the solo cup route will be close to the price of glass anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards