Not Engaged Yet

Newbie Intro

Hi all. I've been lurking off and on for quite some time now and I would like to formally introduce myself. Here's my story: I'm originally from MI but currently reside in Raleigh, NC with plans to move to Maryland in the near future. My guy lives in NYC and will be moving to Raleigh to be with me the first week of January. We met in 2004 while in college in MI, he was there on a football scholarship. We dated for a year until he had to return to NY to finish school. We attempted to maintain a long distance relationship but the distance proved to be too much for us at such a young age (I was 19, he was 21.) During the process of an amicable breakup we made a silly little pact that I never imagined we would follow through on: If neither of us were married by the time I turn 30 then we would marry each other. We remained very good friends over the last 9 years and in August he told me that he was ready for another chance. I fell in love with him all over again and we have decided to get married. I showed him a ring that I absolutely LOVE and now I'm just (impatiently) waiting on a proposal. If I get a proposal in early 2014 then I'll be planning for a 8/2015 wedding. He told me to give him 6 months. I look forward to getting to know the wonderful women on this board and hope to give as much as I get out of The Knot!

Thank you for reading!   

"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."  ~Albert Einstein

Re: Newbie Intro

• Wow that sounds like the plot of a romcom! Who would play you in a movie? your SO?Do you have any furbabies? What's your favorite dessert?
  • You think we're mean but now you want to get to know us?

• LOL...there are so many more crazy little details that I excluded. I think that Zoe Saldana would play me and Idris Elba would play him. I have a fiesty little Yorkie named Dolce she is my everything :) My favorite dessert is probably a really moist slice of Tiramisu.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."  ~Albert Einstein
  • I'm not exactly sure what's going on Swazzle but I assure you...I come in peace!  

• Dolce313 said:
    Are you guys seriously that mean? Congrats! I think that was a wonderful engagement story.

Dolce313 said:
    bethsmiles said:
    @Dolce313 - Seriously? You're going to be that poster? No one was mean. If you think anyone was, your a little too sensitive for the internet hon. There is literally an entire board for posting proposal stories so it's a little odd when someone chooses to post their story here who isn't really an active member of the board - that's why posters are asking who is she, why did she post this here. 
    I think a friendly reminder would have sufficed. 

From THIS thread.

• Swazzle said:
    Dolce313 said:
    Are you guys seriously that mean? Congrats! I think that was a wonderful engagement story.

Dolce313 said:
    bethsmiles said:
    @Dolce313 - Seriously? You're going to be that poster? No one was mean. If you think anyone was, your a little too sensitive for the internet hon. There is literally an entire board for posting proposal stories so it's a little odd when someone chooses to post their story here who isn't really an active member of the board - that's why posters are asking who is she, why did she post this here. 
    I think a friendly reminder would have sufficed. 

From THIS thread.
    Ohhhh yeah, now I know why this SN looked familiar.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Yes. I don't see what I did I wrong. Can you post what was said to the OP that I was referring to? I'm not looking for a catfight.
  • @Dolce313 - I'm not either. I'm just trying to understand why someone that doesn't seem to like us, now wants to be friends with us. It was an honest question.

• We didn't know the original poster. So we weren't sure WHY we were supposed to care about her proposal story. If I come on here & tell MY proposal story, people would care, because they know me. We didn't care about a stranger's story, and you said we were mean. 

Thereeee you go.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @Swazzle...this is a Community Board, we won't always agree or share the same opinions. I think that it was harsh the way some posters responded to her post. It is hard enough to join a discussion board where there are members who are so close knit and have known each other for years. I felt bad for the girl...shoot me maybe?
  • Dolce313 said:
    @Swazzle...this is a Community Board, we won't always agree or share the same opinions. I think that it was harsh the way some posters responded to her post. It is hard enough to join a discussion board where there are members who are so close knit and have known each other for years. I felt bad for the girl...shoot me maybe?
    1. I don't think you need to tell @swazzle where she's posting. 

2. Again, her post should have gone on the proposal board, where people care to read proposal stories from strangers.

*******************************************************************************************

• @Dolce313 - I am well aware of what this website is, but thank you for trying to explain it to me.

I was simply asking you a question. I personally wouldn't want to get to know people that I think are mean. 

And for the record, there have been quite a few new posters on this board lately and IMO they've all been welcomed with open arms. @Jstump2 and @jaydee4219 come to mind.

• Well I think it's unfortunate the way you choose to treat some of the new posters. I'm hoping to get to know some of the pleasant brides-to-be.
  • It's been a while since we've seen Prince.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I'm still stuck on dolcefarts.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• I've just decided I'm changing it to sugarshits.
    It's official.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• BriSox81 said:
    Dolce313 said:
    Well I think it's unfortunate the way you choose to treat some of the new posters. I'm hoping to get to know some of the pleasant brides-to-be.
    Also, not everyone here is a "bride-to-be." So there's also that.
    File:Jenna Marbles.gif

That would be me...the sad, pathetic, unengaged one

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2013
    @lalalaurita - me too. 

• How many cats do we need, and should we knit them sweaters?
  • As many as possible, and OF FUCKING COURSE! 

• How many cats do we need, and should we knit them sweaters?

I am on board for this!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards