Wedding Party

Bridemaid problems

So i have a friend who i have known for over 12 years, might i also add she is a hair stylist as well. As soon as i got engaged she immediately said she was doing my hair. I also asked her about doing the rest of the wedding party(since she's also in it) and she said of course. i told her a week later the date of wedding. 2 weeks later she text me asking the date again, I told her and replied with "crap" and she said her husband and their daughter were in another wedding the same day. So im assuming she commited to both of us brides and doing our hair on the same day. Idk what to do or how to go about it..

ideas or opinions?

Re: Bridemaid problems

• I'm not sure what you need ideas or opinions on. She told you that she's already agreed to be in another wedding on the same date. Which I'm assuming means she can't be in your wedding or do your hair. I don't know what you can really do, aside from changing the date of your wedding. Sounds like you'll need to find another hairdresser. 
  • If she is in another wedding there is no way she can do your hair.  Make other arrangements for your hair stylist.
  • But she committed to me first is the thing. She never said anything about another wedding
  • It sounds like you're not exactly sure what she's committed to. You said you're assuming she's committed to this other wedding because she said "crap". Why don't you pick up the phone and call her (texting is effective for some things, but wedding logistics isn't always one of them). Ask her what her other commitments are and whether or not she can do your hair and your WP's hair. 

If not, ask her for a recommendation for another stylist or pick one out yourself and book it.
    *********************************************************************************

• Kayf17 said:
    But she committed to me first is the thing. She never said anything about another wedding
    How do you know she committed to your first? Let's say she did. Then what? She's telling you she's in another wedding. 

Go call her. Ask her about the other wedding and what this means for yours. 
  • How do you know she committed to you first? No contract, no commitment. 
  • How is this a bridesmaid problem? 

• call her and figure out what is going on.  if she can't do your hair/makrup, she probably knows someone who can since she is in that industry.  maybe she can still be a BM but won't have time for doing all of the hair/makeup.  just find someone else to do it.  if she can't come at all, you've just lost a BM, which is a bummer but not a huge deal.

definitely call her though.  "crap" could also be interpreted as "uh oh, i better tell this other bride that i'm double booked" and that she's planning to cancel on her instead of you.

• I'm confused because from your OP it doesn't sound like she was a BM.
  • Just call her and ask for clarification. It's not rocket science. And ditto Vic on wondering how this is a bridesmaid problem. It sounds like a hair appointment problem. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Kayf17 said:
    But she committed to me first is the thing. She never said anything about another wedding
    Did you sign a contract and pay her a deposit?  
  • Already got it figured out. She was going to be with me on my wedding day while her husband and daughter went to the other.Had to move my date anyway, everything is fine and dandy

• You had to move your date a few hours after posting this question? How convenient.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards