Getting in Shape

looking for a buddy

Any fellow Sept 2014 brides looking for a fitness/healthy eating buddy to support each other??

Re: looking for a buddy

• hi there, i'm an August 2014 bride, already working on my fitness plan and i'd LOVE a buddy. :) a little info on me/the wedding: i'm in so cal. i work days, just started a new workout in the a.m. 20-30 minutes before work a few times a week, sometims after work, and i run when i find time, usually on the treadmill now that the weather is getting colder. i'm a somewhat out-of-shape smaller size, wanting mostly to tone arms and abs to look good in the dress (!!) which is a fitted lace, tea length, halter top style!! our's will be a destination (mountain) outdoor daytime wedding. we're very active and i usually find a way to get in shape when i've let it go too long, but this one scares me!! i have a procrastination problem LOL ;) so, yeah. happy to have a buddy to keep accountable!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My date is later than that, but I'm trying to get in shape before dress shopping.  I have about 50 pounds to go (already lost 30 before I was engaged)  I'm trying to eat healthier, regular meals and just increasing physical activity.   I walk my dog more, try to get to the gym 3x a week or at least do videos at home.  But right now I need to be held accountable.  My wedding is 4 years off, so I don't have the urgency I did before when I was loosing for my health!
  • I'm also trying to get in shape before dress shopping.  I'd be too nervous to order a size down.  I will be shopping starting in January so I'm taking it slow, going for about a pound a week.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I know its been 12 days since the last post, but I need buddies!  I'm a July 2014 bride, stationed in the UK with the Air Force.  I ride my bike to work and I think its definitely helping me not be in my 9/10 jeans, I just want to be in those 5/6's!  I already have my dress (gorgeous bargain on eBay that could not be passed up!) and it fits, I just want toned arms and back and to fit in my good jeans again!  I have quite a bit of free time and I'm not the kind of person that likes to spend it at the gym or working out.  I rather watch Ellen videos on YouTube and laugh my time away.  I've worked out without complaint when I was forced to (basic training and job school) but when its up to me, my motivation and self discipline is nil.  Anyone in that boat too?
  • JLynG09 said:
    I know its been 12 days since the last post, but I need buddies!  I'm a July 2014 bride, stationed in the UK with the Air Force.  I ride my bike to work and I think its definitely helping me not be in my 9/10 jeans, I just want to be in those 5/6's!  I already have my dress (gorgeous bargain on eBay that could not be passed up!) and it fits, I just want toned arms and back and to fit in my good jeans again!  I have quite a bit of free time and I'm not the kind of person that likes to spend it at the gym or working out.  I rather watch Ellen videos on YouTube and laugh my time away.  I've worked out without complaint when I was forced to (basic training and job school) but when its up to me, my motivation and self discipline is nil.  Anyone in that boat too?
    Sounds familiar :)   Our wedding is next June and I'm worried about gaining weight during the holidays and being even further behind in January, when I was planning to "officially" get my butt in gear.
  • I'm also a September 2014 bride! Would love to find a buddy/group to help keep me accountable!

Would like to lose the 20lbs I gained this year, maybe a little more. Was thinking of doing the South Beach Diet starting the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Want to lose some of this weight before the beginning of the year when I plan to go dress shopping.

Let me know if you want to join forces!
  • Hi ladies!  I'm a July 2014 bride, looking for some motivation also.  I'm down 10 pounds, but I'd like to lose 20-30 more.  I have my dress purchased, but the style of the dress can be taken in up to 2 sizes, and I want to reach that goal!  I'm currently doing Weight Watchers, and re-starting T25 on Monday.  I'm trying to stay away from junk food (carbs kills me!) and alcohol (makes me want to eat!)

Should we start a thread in here?  A group on Facebook?  What do you think?  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am getting married in october 2014, but def can use some motivation. I wouldlike to lose about 20lbs, already lost 18lbs.. so any help or encouragment would be great.

:) 

• @weesh - a Facebook group sounds great.  If some one can start it. I am horrible at that.
  • i would also join FB group... if no one else wants to start it, i can :) you can PM your emails and i'll add you?? mine is sunandstars2@hotmail.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would join a FB group! corinne.walsh26@gmail.com Let me know if you cant find me b/c of my privacy settings!

As a side note, I am on Day 2 of the South Beach Diet... its actually not that bad! I figure this diet is good because the strictest phase only lasts 2 weeks.... I say this now, we'll see how positive I am on Day 3 of no bread!! hahaha
  • Sounds good to me!  I bought a pair of jeans only to discover they're snug...I want them to fit!  Plus the smaller panel I need made for my gown to fit, then the more cost effective it will be hopefully.  Has anyone already started the group?  @Weesh
  • i have started the group, it's called Fit Chicks. it curently consists of myself and 3 friends who i routinly workout/ checkin with on FB. we'r all there for the same reason! send me your email if you want to be added.it's not public. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for starting it!  I sent you a PM :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards