African American Weddings

VENTING - Ready for it to be over

*WARNING**i cuss if you get offended stop reading now* 

Am I the only one who is ready for this wedding planning madness to be over? 
So sick and tired of people asking me are they invited
FUCK NO 
i dont like you like that 

tired of questions about my engagement ring and its eta to my finger 

Tired of being unemployed and lack of money ugh

But mostly i am sick of folks who are random in my life asking can they get an invite....
FOH i dont know you like that 
and why do you want to come? 
so you can talk about what i did or didnt do at MY WEDDING and nic pick...

i am ready to do my recap and be married and for this phase to be over...

UUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

any body else go through this? lol 

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: VENTING - Ready for it to be over

• thedivav ok the warning BOLMAO i wasnt ready for it....I swear i literally died laughing LOL LOL

Now as far as the wedding.... Well hey you know my situation, the back and forth with The Mr trying to decide on what we are going to do vs what we cant afford to do has had me screaming inside not to mention the fact that we always seem to arrive at this money issue uggghh my nerves have been shredded to lil fine lines and hes getting on each one of them...

I havent had the whole invite thing but i think a few ppl automatically assume they are welcome... smh we will see how this all goes down... But relax honey it will be ok just remember the reason for the wedding in itself and remeber that its all about you and him uniting as one... Everyone and Everything else doesnt matter... 

HTH

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• thedivav , How long have you been planning?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Marsm4 i have been planning in my head since last year but when i found a job in May *i was unemployed* i started really planning and buying stuff and putting deposits down 
    i am unemployed again and i am rolling on with this event lol 

misstira lol i know some folks dont like cussing... i cuss like a sailor on shore leave lol 
    i know them folks dont matter but its annoying to me  
    i am gonna relax relate release lol 
    i promise lol 

then they get in their feelings when they dont get the answer they were looking for... 
    again FOH have a \__ and git yo life.... 

yeah folks rubbed me the wrong way this week 
    one chick tried to imply that because i didnt have a ring we wont get married 
    please ma'am get out my relationship unless you are about to pony up some cash.... 
    yup i am still annoyed lol 
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Marsm4 i have been planning in my head since last year but when i found a job in May *i was unemployed* i started really planning and buying stuff and putting deposits down 
    i am unemployed again and i am rolling on with this event lol 

People can be the biggest challenge when planning a wedding.  The entitlement just kills me.  Sorry you have to deal with this...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Marsm4 thanks i will get through it...
    just had to get it off my chest lol 
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @thedivav Girl! I sooo feel you on this. I am going thru drama now with a 60 yr old cousin of mine who is messy as hayle feeling slighted because she was NOT invited to my wedding. For one, you aren't in my life like that. Second, hubby don't really care for you and you are MESSY!!! Ugh! Just stick to your guns. Remember, the money for this is coming out of y'all's pockets, don't let anyone bully you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • @MissusD1116 I am glad I am not alone lol I feel better a bit lol cause I was feeling extra mean but they still won't invite them lol
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thedivav said:

This will happen to you until the day of the wedding....  i lied even after the wedding happens ...

FUCK NO 

PEOPLE ARE NOSY AND JUST WANT TO KNOW ANY AND EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR RING

-SORRY SUGAR

But mostly i am sick of folks who are random in my life asking can they get an invite....
    PLEASE REFER TO THE FIRST ANSWER I WROTE...IF THERE IS ANY CONFUSION...
    PEOPLE HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO SAY SO THEY ASK TO COME LIKE ITS A BBQ BUT ITS NOT

^^ THE REAL REASON THEY WANT TO COME.. (IM GLAD YOU KNOW ..LOL)

OOOO ME ME i DID.... BUT YOU WILL MAKE IT.. JUST GEAR UP FOR THE AWKWARD OOHH i DIDNT GET INVITED COMMENTS..

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Lol @LeciaB that made me laugh lol Thanks I am glad I can vent here cause folks don't understand
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh wow I am not looking forward to the drama that will unfold!! Because we're in 2 seperate states right now we haven't announced anything yet...hell we just picked my ring out. We are however planning very quietly right now taking our time to pay for it all. I don't want anybodies input or ideas on nothing except his. And he's already said "do what you want". I want to do a destination wedding/family vaca/immediate family "only" reunion kinda thing just to avoid inviting people that I don't like or really deal with. But I love my city and so does he, and we both kinda wanna get married here. So I'm planning2 weddings, and once he moves here we'll on which 1.
  • cidefi said:
    Oh wow I am not looking forward to the drama that will unfold!! Because we're in 2 seperate states right now we haven't announced anything yet...hell we just picked my ring out. We are however planning very quietly right now taking our time to pay for it all. I don't want anybodies input or ideas on nothing except his. And he's already said "do what you want". I want to do a destination wedding/family vaca/immediate family "only" reunion kinda thing just to avoid inviting people that I don't like or really deal with. But I love my city and so does he, and we both kinda wanna get married here. So I'm planning2 weddings, and once he moves here we'll on which 1.
    Our wedding is 95% family and once folks know... it will come... 
    we are doing a party in maryland in the spring of 2015 so everyone can come but thats not good enough for folks.... 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our wedding is 95% family and once folks know... it will come... 
    we are doing a party in maryland in the spring of 2015 so everyone can come but thats not good enough for folks.... 

I feel the same way. The judgements will come no matter we decide.
  • yup sure will... i am over it... smh 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm over it already. I got 9 more months of dealing with folks and idk if im going to make it. FIs mom tryna make me spend money I ain't got. If I don't want to spend $300 on a cake it's not because I like to be cheap (I do though lol) it's because I DO NOT HAVE IT. Chill. You are not financilly contributing so you are not making decisions. That is the biggest thing I've run into.
  • LeciaB said:
    thedivav said:

This will happen to you until the day of the wedding....  i lied even after the wedding happens ...

FUCK NO 

PEOPLE ARE NOSY AND JUST WANT TO KNOW ANY AND EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR RING

-SORRY SUGAR

PLEASE REFER TO THE FIRST ANSWER I WROTE...IF THERE IS ANY CONFUSION...
    PEOPLE HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO SAY SO THEY ASK TO COME LIKE ITS A BBQ BUT ITS NOT

^^ THE REAL REASON THEY WANT TO COME.. (IM GLAD YOU KNOW ..LOL)

OOOO ME ME i DID.... BUT YOU WILL MAKE IT.. JUST GEAR UP FOR THE AWKWARD OOHH i DIDNT GET INVITED COMMENTS..

Say it, date twin!!  Alla dat!!!  My wedding was almost a month ago and follks STILL talking bout how they weren't invited!!! Ugh!  gitcholyfe!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • date twin @MissusD1116.. yes people are still asking about it.. im like really.. let me get you a copy of the tape so you can watch it..

Daisypath - (PNE7)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards