Wedding Reception Forum

Wedding favor ideas

I have to admit I haven't even thought about this but for some reason this is something that my FI is pretty concerned about. We are at a lost. We have absolutely no ideas. Lol. Our wedding is going to be outdoor at a horse farm. Our colors are purple, green, and yellow. The wedding is going to be pretty casual, since it is all going to be outdoors. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Sorry, I feel like I've been posting a lot but it is so nice to have some outside opinions. We're not wanting to bug our family or friends with all these questions.

Re: Wedding favor ideas

• manateehuggermanateehugger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2013
    Edible favors- preferably of the sugar-filled variety - win every time. 
  • You can wrap any chocolate in purple, green and/or yellow foils or bags.  You can purchase candies in those colors as well.  Cookies of any size or shape can be frosted in those colors.  
  • Thanks guys! It had never even occurred to me to have something edible. I told my fiancé that and the first thing he said was a s'mores kit wrapped in plastic wrap that is one of our three colors. That is just our first idea but I'm impressed that he thought of it.
  • Would apples be in keeping with the horse farm venue?
  • Huh... That could work. We could definitely find something cute to do with apples.
  • edited December 2013
    Do you have a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory by you?  Their chocolate and caramel covered apples are amazing.  A local place might be able to do something similar, or even just really good local chocolates.
  • Since it's at a venue with horses you could give a donation to a horse rescue and let your guests know the donation was made in their name on a small card. You can attach a small chocolate horse shoe! A good rescue is Project Sage Horse Rescue
  • Leesa63 said:
    Since it's at a venue with horses you could give a donation to a horse rescue and let your guests know the donation was made in their name on a small card. You can attach a small chocolate horse shoe! A good rescue is Project Sage Horse Rescue
    Making the donation is okay, but announcing it to the guests is not.  Weddings are not awareness-raisers or fundraisers.
  • Leesa63 said:
    Since it's at a venue with horses you could give a donation to a horse rescue and let your guests know the donation was made in their name on a small card. You can attach a small chocolate horse shoe! A good rescue is Project Sage Horse Rescue
    It's not appropriate to say to guests "Well I WAS going to get you a small gift, but then I donated it to a better cause in your name without asking you first!"
  • Actually the farm we are having it at is my uncle's rescue farm. He rehabilitates abused race horses. He told us we could have the wedding there for free so we used the money we had set aside for the venue you gave it to the farm as a donation. We've been talking about different edible things we can do.
  • jdluvr06 said:
    Actually the farm we are having it at is my uncle's rescue farm. He rehabilitates abused race horses. He told us we could have the wedding there for free so we used the money we had set aside for the venue you gave it to the farm as a donation. We've been talking about different edible things we can do.
    Oh, this is really nice.
  • jdluvr06 said:
    Actually the farm we are having it at is my uncle's rescue farm. He rehabilitates abused race horses. He told us we could have the wedding there for free so we used the money we had set aside for the venue you gave it to the farm as a donation. We've been talking about different edible things we can do.
    Awesome cause, seriously. I visited a couple rescue farms in KY. It was an amazing experience. 

The s'mores kit is cute! Do you have a local candy company or local favorite dessert that you could do a play on?

• @jenn it seemed like the right thing to do. I mean he is letting us use the grounds for free. @PDHK it is a really awesome cause. We're really proud of my uncle. There is a local chocolate place that is pretty awesome. We might get some bars from there and do the s'mores. Now that FI has it in his head he is set on it. Lol
  • I like that s'mores idea too.
  • Look on party city, they have tons of ideas. Also the dollar tree has items you can buy for favors!
  • http://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/5507396/il_570xN.181447548.jpg

FI and I are doing this. We are filling the boxes up with our favorite candy and then putting them on each plate. So when the guests walk in, at first glance, it will look like they have a slice of cake on their plates ^_^
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jdluvr06jdluvr06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2013
    That is soo cute!
  • CLI242009 said:
    http://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/5507396/il_570xN.181447548.jpg

FI and I are doing this. We are filling the boxes up with our favorite candy and then putting them on each plate. So when the guests walk in, at first glance, it will look like they have a slice of cake on their plates ^_^
    Yum!
  • Thanks everyone! I knew going the sweet tooth way would be best. I know not everyone will like the same candy as my FI and I, so there will be a candy buffet too, served with our Sundae Bar & Wedding Cake for dessert =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I vote for caramel or candy apples...yum and goes with venue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards