Wedding Reception Forum

Intro Song for the bride and groom

Hi All, 

My fiancé and I recently met with the band we are having at our reception, and they asked us what we wanted for our intro song ("and now, your bride and groom Mr. and Mrs....[that part]). We thought so much about other song selections, but completely neglected to think of this one.
We are stuck!
What song are you using for your intro into the reception?
Wedding Countdown Ticker "Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden where the flowers are dead." - Oscar Wilde

Re: Intro Song for the bride and groom

• @irishrose54

We're doing something very up beat like Let's Get Ready to Rumble or Space Jam or Oh Hot Damn (this is my jam) etc.
  • I don't think we picked anything out, and I do not remember what our band played.  Can you ask them for suggestions?  We also sent our band a list of songs that we liked and the types of music we typically listen to, and I think he picked stuff to fit our music personalities based on that.  Good luck!
  • Honestly, I don't like when the "grand entrance" is done with upbeat song and the B&G dance/walk in.  
  • Crazy Little Thing Called Love.
  • I have no idea. We still haven't decided this ourselves.
  • We're doing Tie It Up by Kelly Clarkson :)  We have sort of a country music theme going on, our parents and WP will be coming out to country songs too and our first dance, my father/daughter dance are all country songs. The father/daughter and 1st dance though are just by chance since my dad picked our song.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Boogie Shoes by KC & the Sunshine Band. 
  • Fun suggestions!! I like "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" - I will see what the fiancé says ;) I never thought of that one. I will have to listen to some of these other songs. He likes The Flaming Lips, but I don't know "Race for the Prize," but I will check it out. 
    We were joking around saying let's do pump the jam....but idk could be kind of fun lol. 
    In all seriousness though, we will probably do something a bit more low key because there will be plenty of pump the jam music later.

Wedding Countdown Ticker "Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden where the flowers are dead." - Oscar Wilde
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards