Offbeat Weddings

What song did you choose?

We are trying to find something different for me walking down the aisle & for when we are leaving the ceremony. Just curious, what songs did you choose for your walk down the aisle and for your departure from ceremony?

Re: What song did you choose?

• Adam Sandler - Grow Old With You for the walk down the aisle. Bridesmaids walked down the aisle to The Beatles - Here Comes the Sun. Departure music was The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
  • I walked down to Tupelo Honey by Van Morrison (one of my husband's favorites), and we recessed out to Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles.
  • I am walking to A Thousand Years by Christina Perry and the recession song is Blue Skies by The Allman Brothers
  • We are doing the string quartet tributes of your guardian angel by red jumpsuit apparatus for the BP, i caught fire by the used for my walk down, and today by the smashing pumpkins for the recessional.
  • We used "Mario Kart Love Song" for the Wedding Party, "Rose's Theme" for the Bride & Groom Entrance, and "I Am The Doctor" for the Recession.  We had a harpist learn arrangements for them, so we still got some live music, which was important to us, but we found someone that was happy to learn the songs we really wanted to hear.
  • recessional was "you're my best friend" queen. Not exactly offbeat, but we liked the quick tempo and lyrics. :)
    *********************************************************************************

• I really want to walk down the aisle to "I Can't Wait" by Runner Runner; it would work for the whole processional if the timing is right -- but that could be an issue haha! :)
  • I will be walking down the isle to blackbird. We'll be walking out to the star wars theme song and into the reception to leia's song. We are thinking our first dance will be "you're my best friend" by queen.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• Im coming down the aisle to an instrumental version of a song by Wakey Wakey. http://youtu.be/QDmt_t6umoY The first time we heard it was on One Tree Hill (one of our favorite shows). The lyrics arent exactly wedding worthy, but the music is SO beautiful. The bridal march was ruined for me at age 11- i was playing it for my first piano recital and i completely botched it. The song just creates anxiety for me now. The other song I considered was a Vince Gill song - Feels Like Love
  • I'm walking down the aisle to the 'Jurassic Park Theme". Jurassic Park was the first live-action movie I ever remember seeing, and it's what kick-started my love of science. My FI also loves the movie as well, so  he's super excited about it. The recessional is going to a section of "Can't Take It In" by Imogen Heap (the song for the close credits of The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe-- I'm also a huge Narnia geek!) 
  • Our recessional was to The Greatest Adventure by Glen Yarbrough from the animated Hobbit. Husband is a big Tolkien fan and my sister and I nearly destroyed the soundtrack on vinyl from overplaying when we were kids. Only a couple people got the reference, but it made my mother cry. Listening to it in the car before road trips is also the first tradition we have established as married couple. 
  • I'm walking down the aisle to "Going to the Chapel" by The Dixie Cups.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards