Wedding Party

Cute way to ask your friend to be MOH

I just got engaged this week, but already know who I want to ask to be my MOH. She is a friend from home, but we live 10 hours apart. We will see each other over Christmas, so I want to ask her in person then. I want to give her a gift of some sort, but am stumped when it comes to ideas. Has anyone asked their MOH in a creative way? Thanks everyone!

Re: Cute way to ask your friend to be MOH

• Most of us will recommend just asking her without a gift or trying to be "creative."  I know that for me to be asked in a straightforward way will be more meaningful and special than receiving a gift or anything "cute" or "gimmicky."  There are several threads about this.
  • Don't be a cliche. Just ask her.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I think you should just ask her over coffee or something.  However, unless you are having a very short engagement, I would wait on asking her just because things change.
  • I said "you know you're the maid of honor, right?"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think it's fine if you want to give her a cute gift. I personally love giving small gifts and cards [I'm huge on cards] and my friends know that. I got my bridesmaids and MOH a wine bottle with a customized label. They loved it [my cousin is really into DIY stuff]. And my friends and I LOVE a good bottle of vino. 
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I used a card and wrote something in it. I think a sentimental note is the best. 
  • most posters on here are against giving gifts b/c they feel they pressure someone to say yes. i think if you know in your heart that they are going to say yes, then i say do it.. i think the idea is sweet and i'm sure she will too.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • most posters on here are against giving gifts b/c they feel they pressure someone to say yes. i think if you know in your heart that they are going to say yes, then i say do it.. i think the idea is sweet and i'm sure she will too.
    It's what they say with your mouths that you hear with your ears, not your heart, that makes it sweet or not sweet.  Even if they say it in your heart, they might not say it with their mouths. 

OP, don't give gifts until after they've said yes.  It isn't cute until that point-it's pressure.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards