Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Wedding Venue Fort Lauderdale

I am looking for some advice on a wedding venue for my wedding at the end of October or early November 2014. I am from England and my fiancé lives in Davie, so it's going to be tricky organising it from the UK without a planner, I want a venue that has helpful staff to make it easier and less stressful!! I am still in the early planning stages, but I am thinking it will be around 100 people. There will be some guests from the UK and some from out of town so I am looking for somewhere to do the ceremony and reception with accommodation close by or at the venue. I have a budget of $8000 for everything and am not fussed about wherther we have a sit down dinner or buffet. I would like somewhere near the ocean and possibly a beach wedding but am open to other suggestions if the setting is nice. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Re: Wedding Venue Fort Lauderdale

• Options
    Try posting this in a more local (the area the wedding will be held) board. More people on that board will be familiar with the different venues.
  • Options
    October/November in Fort Lauderdale can be tricky because that is the height of fundraising season and every charitable organization holds their galas at that time.  If your finace lives in Davie, have him check out Signature Grand, which is a very large catering venue.  If you could trim the budget to 80, there is a lovely restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale, Bimini Boatyard, that does a wonderful job with private parties.  In that same area, if you are firm on the 100, is a restaurant, Bistro Mezzaluna, which also has very nice private areas and great food, within budget.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards