Not Engaged Yet
Options

Random Tuesday Chatter

Morning ladies! How are you today?

I'm good! I slept like a baby last night. I wasn't feeling well earlier in the evening so I'm glad I got some rest.

I thought today was Wednesday up until about 15 minutes ago when I was texting with @sakalicious. So disappointing! 

I wore tights and a skirt today and while I was on the train, I was informed by Twitter that we're getting several inches of snow. I need to start checking the weather BEFORE I leave for work. 

Re: Random Tuesday Chatter

• Options
    I finally finished two out of three homemade Christmas gifts last night, I'm so glad to be done.

Today was bf's day to get up with the baby so I'm in bed snuggling with the pups.

We're going for a sushi lunch with a friend and then I have to go in to work for an hour to do some training. The house is an absolute disaster still so I'm cleaning and finishing the packing once I'm done with work and the boys appointment.

We leave for my parents tomorrow at 6am which means a 4:30 wake up for me :/ I'm not excited about that at all.
  • Options

@swazzle I wore boots to work, good thing I checked the weather or I'd be walking to my car in ballet flats.

@quiltingnurse have fun at sushi! I LOVE sushi.

This morning I got an email from my dad asking if he could stay over next week. Of course I said yes because I'm a pushover and can't say no to my dad. Fortunately it's only for one night and he's going out to dinner with his old work friend that night so I'm in the clear.

Then I found out I'm working from 5am-4:30pm from December 23rd to January 2nd save for Christmas and New Years Day. This happens every year but now it's sinking in. I'm just glad that this could be the last year I may have to do this since a couple of people are retiring in my department (maybe) and then I can pick up an early shift and let someone new stay until 4:30pm. The overtime is pretty good too so that's another plus.

Last night I started knitting a blanket for a friend who's having a baby. My back was killing me so I took some heavy-duty pain meds and made myself a Kahlua and milk. I was feeling pretty good. BF was playing a video game (Saint's Row?) where one of the guy's voice is all autotuned, I was cracking up laughing, BF was getting annoyed, apparently I was fucking up his concentration.

Anyway, nothing else exciting. I have to wrap gifts tonight if BF doesn't get out of work early. We don't have any gift tags so I'm going to go to the bodega and buy some scratchers and just put his name on those so he can scratch those off before opening his gifts, maybe it'll draw out the day a little bit more since I feel like last Christmas lasted all of 20 minutes.

#random

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    It is snowing like mad over here. On the plus side, that means I don't have to meet with Professor Scarypants today to have my final clinical evaluation. On the minus side, I won't be able to just get it over with, and I still have to go out anyway because I have nothing with which to clean my contacts tonight.

Overall, though, it will be an excellent study day. I'm going to mix up some hot chocolate and Bailey's and hit the books and online quizzes. I have no idea how studying under the influence will work, but I'm sure it will make it less painful if nothing else! I am heartened by the fact that I got a 91% on my mother-baby final yesterday, so chances are good that I'll pass the med-surg final too, lol. :)
  • Options
    Morning, ladies.  Last day of work for me!!!  I'm excited but I have a shit ton of things to do before I leave for India (like a list 30 tasks deep...and H keeps calling me from India adding to the list with the things he forgot to do before he left).  Going to head to the gym now and try to wake up but I'll be back later. 
  • Options
    It's snowing like mad here, too. I'm working from home, as are most of my employees. DH might get to come home early, too, so fingers crossed!

I have a couple more presents to wrap and ornaments to put on the tree. Then I need to 'clean' the house for the house cleaners that are coming tomorrow. I'm so freaking excited about that.

But first, balancing the checkbook. My life is so glamorous.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    @QuiltingNurse - What did you make? Handmade gifts are great, I wish I had a crafty bone in my body!  

@buddysmom80 - That really sucks that you get the shit end of the stick with work/vacation :(

@Amapola14 - Remind of where in the world you are? It started snowing here about a half an hour 
    ago and everything's covered. 

• Options
    @Swazzle I made wreaths for bf's parents and grandparents, and I'm just finishing a Christmas tree skirt for my mom. I'm pretty proud of the skirt, I did it really quickly so it isn't my best work, but I love the colours of it.
  • Options

@minskat30 how long are you going to India for? I can't remember if you told us or not.

@amapola14 studying while drunk is how I survived my last semester of college. I used to take the train to school and filled up a thermos with Baileys and hot chocolate or white Russians. Yup, I was that guy.

@cu97tiger I love that you clean before the cleaning people show up! I would do the same thing. I actually brought up hiring someone to clean the house to BF again and depending on how big of a hit we take on our benefits this year (mine went up CRAZY, I'm paying $150 a month for myself) then we might budget that in. I don't mind daily cleaning here and there, it's the once a week deep cleaning that makes me cry! If I could have someone come in and do that, I would love them forever!

@swazzle I'm so used to it now with the vacations it doesn't even bother me anymore. My boss recognizes that for two weeks in the winter and three weeks in the summer I practically live here so when I ask for two weeks off she doesn't make a big deal out of it (lately).

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    @minskat30 - YAY! How long will you be there for?

@cu97tiger - Jealous of your snow day. 

• Options
    All you ladies are using that 4-letter 'S' word - you know the one: s-n-o-w.  I know it's on it's way here, but I'm not ready - I feel for you guys that are already getting dumped on!!

Between my dog having to get up in the middle of the night to go potty and my cat deciding to 'sing the song of his people' @ 3AM every morning - I'm not getting much sleep.

Nessie - My newfie puppy - turns 3 today!  Happy Birthday Nessie-Dog!!!

Anniversary
  • Options
    @buddysmom80 - I always thought people who cleaned before the cleaning people came in were nuts, but they do a much better job if all the random shit is out of the way. We keep our house pretty clean, anyway (from a clutter standpoint). I just hate dusting, vacuuming, dishes, bathrooms, etc. The only thing I don't mind cleaning is toilets, which I'm sure is totally ass-backwards.

@swazzle - I wish it were a true snow day. I'm still 'working from home' so I need to at least attempt to get something done. DH went into work, and his employees are getting 'premium pay' for showing up, he got a thank you. Booooo.

• Options
    Happy birthday Nessie!

@swazzle, I am near Baltimore, MD.
  • Options
    @cu97tiger I never thought about it that way, getting all the crap out of the way so they can do a better job. My mom's friend used to deep clean the whole house before they came over. Not like "Oh, let me put this pile of mail away". No, she would mop the floors, dust, etc. That's a little extreme. I hate cleaning toilets, BF does a way better job than I do!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    No snow for Georgia yet...haha like that ever happens. When it does happen though, our whole freaking state shuts down and people act like it's the apocalypse. 

Today, I'm cleaning the kitchen and doing laundry...not that fun. The fun doesn't get started until lunch and I get to have lunch with @lmhollister and one of my friends from college. I'm going to start working with her company so she gets to fill me in on all sorts of stuff. Later I will be finishing up more thank you notes and going to CrossFit with H. We are having leftover Shepard's pie tonight.

Yesterday I embarrassed myself so hard. We were doing these burped box jumps at CrossFit and I totally ate the floor. I jumped up on the box and only one foot got on and the other slipped so I landed straight onto my knees and then face. My knees are all bruised up today : (

ETA: Spelling
  • Options
    @QuiltingNurse - That sounds so cute! I've been thinking of heading to the craft store some night this week to give me something to do on Saturday while H is working and I'm stranded at home with no car. I could really use a wreath for my door so maybe I'll give it a try! 

@buddysmom80 - Yea, it still sucks though. Isn't there anyone that can cover you for a couple days? I'd go crazy if I got screwed out of holiday vacation days!

@Dignity100 - Happy birthday, Nessie!

@cu97tiger - I had cleaning people come 1 time ever. It was years ago at my first apartment and my parents were coming up so I needed to make sure the place was immaculate. They did a horrible job and I ended up cleaning after they left anyway. I would kill for a cleaning person now but if they come when I'm at work, is it ok to leave B, H, and Lucy out? I feel like they'd get in the way but I can't exactly lock them up anywhere. 

• Options
    Morning, ladies!

Today is better than yesterday. Night before last I couldn't lay down without crying. Last night I could lay down to sleep. Stupid pinched nerve ... it's almost become clinical, I'm just tracking the numb, sore, and weird-sensation patches.

Other than that, I made half a mitten last night. Knitting seems to be one of the few things that does not aggravate it, and what does not aggravate it must be helping. Plus keeping it moving seems to help.
  • Options
    @swazzle technically someone could cover, but my boss doesn't like people from other departments doing our work. I've been here for six years and have only had one week off during the holidays and that was a vacation request fluke on someone else that ended up benefitting me. I'm used to it now, so it's not a bit deal to us at least I have the holidays off, my old position we rotated all the holidays and I usually volunteered to work Christmas and New Year's Day. Also it won't be crazy busy since the university we're affiliated with is closed during the holidays so I won't have a ton of accounts to process.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - Ugh, that must have hurt! I'm so uncoordinated... box jumps scare me! I need to do some kind of workout today. Time to hit up pinterest!

@swazzle - We had an awesome cleaning lady in Phoenix that was ridiculously cheap. The first one we had here broke our vacuum, left it laying in the floor in our spare bedroom and never told us. Then called me three weeks later to ask if we wanted her back. UM no. This time we've hired an actual company, so hopefully that means we'll get some consistency. 

@keptinstitches - I have had pinched nerves before and they SUCKKKK. Have you gone to the doctor? Muscle relaxers and vicodin are my cocktail for solving my worst ones.

• Options
    @cu97tiger - I think if I had cleaning people over, they'd set my house on fire because it would be easier for me to start over.  Hope your cleaning people do a good job!!

@KeptInStitches - hope you feel better soon.  I know when I had a major pinched nerve in my neck/shoulder - I was able to get a massage that helped, any chance something like that might help out?

Anniversary
  • Options
    @cu97tiger -Pinterest has some great workouts. I like to do those when I don't get to go to the gym or if it's raining outside.
  • Options

I'm so glad we're not a little further north. We've had so much precipitation and the only thing that's keeping it from being snow are the warmer Georgia temperatures.

I don't have a ton going on today. I've got some long-term projects going on at work that I'm focusing on right now. I'm getting really frustrated because I have several questions I need answers to and all of my contacts are being completely unresponsive.

Last night for dinner BF and I had something different than our usual stir fry made out of whatever we could find in the fridge. I made a sweet sage cream sauce to go over some pre-made butternut squash ravioli we bought from Costco and served it with Herb Marinated Broccoli and Zucchini with rice. It all turned out really yummy! The sage sauce recipe was pretty dumb though...because the instructions were like "Here is our authentic sage sauce recipe but we didn't put any sage in"...I just didn't get it. How is it sage sauce without sage? So I added my own. I didn't get any presents wrapped like I wanted to last night but the pictures I ordered from @southernpeach89 's photographer arrived in the mail so I got them all put in their new frames!

Tonight I don't have a lot going on. Both of my parents are out of town on business so I need to go to their house this evening and feed their dogs and give Cheyanne her seizure medication. After that is my book club's annual Christmas book exchange. The books we exchange with each other are the ones we'll read next year so everyone tries to find something we haven't read already.

• Options

@LivLeighton Congrats on your first Etsy sale from a stranger! Yay! I hope you get even more soon!

Just keep up with it as far as the running thing. It could be that you're just pushing yourself to run a certain distance too fast too soon. Doing short intervals worked for me more when I'm getting back into running again after a long hiatus...like say 1 minute run/3 minutes fast walk for whatever length of time or distance you plan to be on the treadmill for and then steadily increasing the running intervals while shortening the walking intervals. Could it also be a shoe issue? I've never had soreness from bad shoes...but I have had issues with shin splints and pain in the past when I was running in inadequate shoes.

• Options

@livleighton I'm not a runner (I try and just fail miserably) but I found that new shoes help. I usually get a new pair of sneakers every year. I make sure mine are lightweight too.

Also congrats on your first stranger Etsy sale!!!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    @Buddysmom80 and @Swazzle - I'm going until right before Chirstmas.  That is the longest vacation I've ever taken since I started working professionally 8 years ago!  :)
  • Options
    Thanks, @cu97tiger and @Dignity100. For now I can manage the pain for the most part with Motrin (note: I never ever take painkillers, Motrin's still "strong stuff"), heat, and ice. If it's not better in a week or so I'll haul my cookies in to a doctor, but I know they're going to want me to try this first and it has gotten a LOT better over the last 48 hours. I think I can wait this out.
  • Options
    @KeptinStitches I hope your pain goes away quickly!!! I totally understand you feeling that Motrin is the "strong stuff".  I used to be able to manage my (semi-chronic) pain with 1-2 Motrins, although my doctors insist on prescribing me Vicodin all the time...after my stomach issues, even Motrin is too much!  I had an infection a few weeks ago and the doctor wanted give me Vicodin and I said no.  I'm not going to take it unless I'm dying because I want to be able to drive...control freak, I am.

@Swazzle my dad works in Buffalo (he was fly
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    @KeptinStitches I hope your pain goes away quickly!!! I totally understand you feeling that Motrin is the "strong stuff".  I used to be able to manage my (semi-chronic) pain with 1-2 Motrins, although my doctors insist on prescribing me Vicodin all the time...after my stomach issues, even Motrin is too much!  I had an infection a few weeks ago and the doctor wanted give me Vicodin and I said no.  I'm not going to take it unless I'm dying because I want to be able to drive...control freak, I am.

@Swazzle my dad works in Buffalo (he was flying through Newark) and has had a "snow day" the last two days cause his flights have been cancelled.  Now he is rerouted through Chicago due to Newark's weather.  You should have asked me!

ETA: I apparently hit the post button far too early.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    I'm jealous of all you snow ladies. I live in Upstate NY - where is my snow?! I felt gypped on Sunday too, when I was at the Pats game and we were like the ONLY football game that wasn't covered in snow. Maybe if it was a little slippery, Gronk wouldn't have had his foot planted and wouldn't have blown up his knee. :(

We have an Institute-wide holiday party today, which means free food! YAY! I have to decide what to make for dinner tonight - BF made a delicious dinner last night, so I'm on the hook tonight. I think I need to get some Kahlua though - @buddysmom80 made me crave a Kahlua & milk. That's my mom's drink of choice - when my sister was four, she thought it was chocolate milk & drank the whole glass and totally got drunk. BAHAHA.

*******************************************************************************************

• Options

@brisox81 the only reason I started drinking it again was that we have a half gallon of milk that needs to be used before it goes bad. So, it was a good excuse to start drinking them again!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    @buddysmom80 I fucking love you & your logic.

Gotta drink the milk - might as well add alcohol! 

*******************************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards