Wedding Reception Forum

Do you have 1 particular aspect of your wedding most excited for?

Ours is being held at a ski resort but during off season (Sept) so for cocktail hour they let us and all our guests ride the chair lift up and down the mountain!! How cool is that?! Even though the whole day is going to be amazing I think that's the part I'm most excited for, just him & I up in the sky together :)

How about you??

Re: Do you have 1 particular aspect of your wedding most excited for?

• I was very excited to get married beside a waterfall. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Other than the getting married part, I was most excited to cut and serve the wedding cake I baked. I was also excited but nervous to see how the Quaker ceremony would go, since it was new to me.
  • I was super excited about the first look. Despite having our photographers and videographers running around us it was very intimate and special. It also really helped me as I was able to be calm and coherent during the ceremony. I loved it and love that we splurged on the video so we can watch it whenever we want.
  • I'm most excited about our photos.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Other than getting married finally (that is a long story) I'm excited for our friends performance. A few of our friends are in a band... It is more of a hobby they aren't trying to get famous or anything but they are really good. We're going to have and iPod playing most of the time but we asked them to perform a few songs for us.
  • I'm most excited about our photos.
    Besides being married to the love of my life, I would agree with photos or my FI saying his personal vows =D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Getting married. Truth.
  • I was also very much looking forward to my fiance seeing me coming down the aisle. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • awesome answers!! I'm excited for to do the first look photos as well! Think we are actually doing ALL the portraits before the ceremony so we can party during cocktail hour :) 
  • I'm really excited for all the "getting ready" stuff before the wedding. I know my mom will just be so excited she'll be beaming, and I'll get to feel beautiful and be with my friends. 

Obviously there's the whole getting married part, but as to one specific item, yeah, it's getting ready that day. 
  • I'm excited for photos.  I'm going to have one of me in my wedding make-up and veil holding my rabbit.  My other rabbit gets left out because she would eat my veil . . . I'll make it up to her another way. 

• We're hanging off the side of a mountain for our ceremony. It was FI's idea and at first, I was like, "Ehhh....I don't know..". But now I'm really excited for it. We're writing our own vows too and I can't wait to both read mine to FI and hear his. 

Other than that, I am super excited for the cocktail hour. We're having it on a deck overlooking the resort's lake. It's going to be beautiful. 
  • Besides getting married, I was most excited to see how everything looked, and to hear my friends and former professors perform.  My professors performed for the ceremony and cocktail hour, but the first dance song was really the highlight.  I was relaxed enough at that point to really listen and enjoy the dance with H- it was the most romantic moment of my life.
  • the first moment when I see him waiting at the end of the aisle
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Seeing his reaction when I walk down the aisle.

and the honeymoon
    ---
    tabbicakes 

133 image     74 image     59   image   
    RSVP Date: September 20

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Seeing his reaction when I walk down the aisle.

and the honeymoon
    this! LOL and 3 weeks without dogs because my parents will be watching them. My bed alll to myself for 3 weeks. oh, and FI will be there too...
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • When it happens, I think the 2 particular aspects will be:

1) Actually being married
    2) Being with family and friends
  • We're hanging off the side of a mountain for our ceremony. It was FI's idea and at first, I was like, "Ehhh....I don't know..". But now I'm really excited for it. We're writing our own vows too and I can't wait to both read mine to FI and hear his. 

Other than that, I am super excited for the cocktail hour. We're having it on a deck overlooking the resort's lake. It's going to be beautiful. 

You are badass :)
  • I'm planning to surprise my fiance by playing my saxophone with the band at one point in the evening.  I'm nervous about it, but I think it will be an awesome moment.  I'd much rather be playing in the band than standing in front of everyone on the dance floor! :-)
  • I am ridiculously excited for the end of the reception; we're having a breakfast sandwich bar (porkroll egg & cheese, bacon egg & cheese, and sausage egg & cheese) so people can finish the last 30 minutes or so with a snack or take them home with them at the end of the night. SO PUMPED for this. :)
  • xmobergx said:

Ours is being held at a ski resort but during off season (Sept) so for cocktail hour they let us and all our guests ride the chair lift up and down the mountain!! How cool is that?! Even though the whole day is going to be amazing I think that's the part I'm most excited for, just him & I up in the sky together :)

How about you??

That's badass! I'm also getting married at a ski resort off season!! They have a little bar/restaurant at the top of one of the mountains so we're having our wedding up there. People have to take the ski lift to get there. Some of our guests are kind of nervous and afraid of heights, but they have enclosed cars and the view is AMAZING up there.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Other than finally being married to the love of my life, I am extremely excited about going to a private screening of my fiance's and my favorite movie, also the first movie we saw together, between the ceremony and reception. We have a 4 hour time gap between the ceremony and reception, and in the middle of July, a movie would be perfect after an outside wedding. I just think everyone's going to enjoy it and it's a very sentimental thing for my fiance and I.
  • Being MARRIED!!!! But also, about 90% of our guest list is OOT so getting to celebrate with so many friends and family, I can't wait!! Trying to remember the big picture here and not get caught up with the little things :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CrazyCatLady3CrazyCatLady3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited December 2013
    I'm excited for everyone to see me in my dress, and am excited for the food.  My caterer is known for doing amazing creative stuff and I think the guests will be really impressed.
  • I was really excited for the food, particularly the cheesecake martini bar.  Unfortunately, I was nauseous from nerves, so I only got to eat a few bites.  We went all out on food - scores of passed apps, open bar, artisan bread baskets, premium salad options, premium entrees, a wedding cake and a cheesecake martini bar for dessert, and then we had pizzas for late night snacks.  All the food was a hit and people were complimenting me on it for weeks afterwards.  I'm really pretty upset that I was nauseous and barely ate anything!

Aww that sucks you couldn't enjoy it.  Our money priority was all about the food too, and while I wasn't hungry at all that day, I did try a little bit of every single thing.  If I was going to pay for it, I was going to enjoy it!  I'm glad everyone else enjoyed it though :)
  • You guys have some awesome stuff- breakfast sandwiches, movies, cheesecake bar- amazing!!
  • I'm super pumped about the cake. It's going to be freakin fantastic. I also can't wait to read him my vows.
  • Aside from marrying the love of my life:
    -The Food
    -The Venue
    -The Band
    In that order

If you're looking for a smaller detail.
    The Gourmet S'mores Bar as a late night snack.
    Hand made vanilla, strawberry, chocolate, and mint marshmallows. 3 types of graham crackers. Milk, dark, white, caramel filled and peanut butter filled Chocolates. Fresh stwaberries, blueberries and bananas. Crushed pretzles, chopped nuts, rainbow sprinkles and flaked coconut. Surprise for FI. :D
  • Other than being married, of course, I'm looking forward to the photos, and our first dance.  At the end of which, we're going to break out of our slow dance into "Party Rock!"  Mainly I think this is going to be so fun because we both separately had the same idea to do this - to the same song!
  • We are getting married in our small town and walking home (a block or two) after our reception. We aren't living together before the wedding and I can't wait to walk home (in our fancy clothes!) and spend our first night at home together! I'm also looking forward to seeing the look on his face when I walk down the aisle and saying our vows. Also being pronounced man and wife, presented as Mr. and Mrs. Aitch, and our first kiss. And the first dance. And showing off our cute little town to our guests. I can't wait!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards