Registry and Gift Forum

Parent Gifts

I have a question about parent gifts. What I'd really like to do for our parents is choose a great shot from the wedding, order prints, and frame them as parent gifts. The issue I'm having is that we obviously won't be able to get these gifts together until after the wedding. Is this still an acceptable gift, maybe give cards that tell what the gift will be...? Or should we just choose different gifts altogether?

Re: Parent Gifts

• I think the tradition of parent gifts is really dependent on social circles/family dynamics. I had never heard of parent gifts until TK. 

That said, I would imagine most parents would enjoy a nice framed wedding photo and wouldn't mind having to wait. You could give them the frames with a little note saying "wedding photo will go here" if you want something to give them at the wedding. 
  • I love, love, love the framed photo my daughter and son-in-law gave us.  They put in a picture of themselves from before the wedding with a note to change it when we get a wedding picture.  I love the original one so much, I left it as is.
  • aamberrr said:
    I have a question about parent gifts. What I'd really like to do for our parents is choose a great shot from the wedding, order prints, and frame them as parent gifts. The issue I'm having is that we obviously won't be able to get these gifts together until after the wedding. Is this still an acceptable gift, maybe give cards that tell what the gift will be...? Or should we just choose different gifts altogether?
    As a MOB and MOG, I can tell you that it is absolutely more than acceptable as a gift.  We received cards at the rehearsal dinner thanking us for our support and generosity.  The cards mentioned that we would be receiving photo albums.  Although the heartfelt card would have been more than enough for us, we absolutely love the photo albums.  
  • On my wedding day I gave my parents a nice card with a Liberty Travel gift card inside, since they love to travel.  Since the wedding I've given them a parents' album and lots of framed pictures, but they weren't my official parents' gift since my mom and I exchange photos frequently and I knew I'd give her weddings pics anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards