Wedding Party

No close friends for bridesmaids...suggestions?

I have girls i talk to here and again, but none that i'm really close with or care to have in my wedding party. I can't NOT have a wedding party because he has friends that i know have to be in the wedding. But we can't just have a groomsman side and not a bridesmaids side. What should i do? 

Re: No close friends for bridesmaids...suggestions?

• Actually you can have GM's and no BM's...there is nothing wrong with that and it will no way make your marriage any different.  If you can't think of someone really important to you (male or female) then you shouldn't have anyone on your side. 

Also remember that sides don't have to be even and men and women can stand on either side!

This. Do you have close guy friends? A sister? A brother? A cousin (male or female)? Anyone else you're close with? It doesn't have to be a peer either. I've seen children stand up for their parents. Heck, my sister's husband had his dad as his best man and I was her MOH. It was really sweet and not weird at all. 

You don't have to ask anyone if you don't want to. If you think it would be weird to have no one on your side and friends on his side, his GMs could sit in the pews for the ceremony.
    *********************************************************************************

• There is nothing wrong with him having a BP and you not. Don't ask people you're not close with, that's even weirder. 
  • Don't worry about having bridesmaids if you're not close to anyone. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • you definitely don't HAVE to have BMs...but it makes me a little sad that you don't have ANYONE who yoare close enough to that you would want them to stand up with you on your wedding day...are you sure this is the case?  If you had to bury a body at 3am would your FI be the only person you could call to help you? 

i just feel sad; i don't even like being a BM but i want to offer to be yours just so that you have a buddy up there!  it seems like you're not AGAINST BMs but rather you would have them but don't have anyone to fill the role.  it is of course completely acceptable to not have them if you don't want them though.

• your BP doesn't have to be a bunch of girls your age. It can be the closest people in your life, be that your mom, your grandma, your brother, male cousin, etc.
  • your BP doesn't have to be a bunch of girls your age. It can be the closest people in your life, be that your mom, your grandma, your brother, male cousin, etc.

I agree with this, do you have any family members that you are really close with you could ask?
  • You don't have to have ANY attendants just because your FI does.  If you do, they don't have to be female, related to you, or close to your age.  They can be guys who are among your nearest and dearest, or your parents, grandparents, aunts/uncles, etc.
  • I have girls i talk to here and again, but none that i'm really close with or care to have in my wedding party. I can't NOT have a wedding party because he has friends that i know have to be in the wedding. But we can't just have a groomsman side and not a bridesmaids side. What should i do? 
    You don't need to have any attendants.  PP have given lots of suggestions to help you figure out a balance of what you want and what your FI wants.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards