Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Worst makeup trends on Pinterest?

What makeup trends on Pinterest get under your skin?  For me it's the Highlighting and contouring tutorials.  Not all of them, just the ones that are completely wrong and use half of sephora just to end up looking like a drag queen wannabe.  I learned how to HAC from a professional, and THIS is NOT how it's done: image
THIS is how you apply the concealer before blending:
Note how not every inch of her skin is covered in either ridiculously light or ridiculously dark makeup, and when she blends that she's going to look like a human, not a mannequin.  Highlight and Contour should leave your skin looking NATURAL and you should still look like you, just a bit enhanced, not some weird mannequin thing that looks nothing like you.  (Not only does the girl in the first example look completely different, as fake as her skin looks in the image, it looks even more fake in person and god forbid she go out in sunlight, it would look absolutely awful.)  Anyways there's my rant about how most of Pinterest has no freaking clue what they're doing when they break out the white and chocolate brown concealers, what makeup pins annoy the crap out of you?

Re: Worst makeup trends on Pinterest?

• hellohkbhellohkb mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2013
    Not sure if this counts, but I hate when people use the word "stiletto nails" when they actually mean almond nails.

These are stiletto nails:

These are almond nails:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Not sure if this counts, but I hate when people use the word "stiletto nails" when they actually mean almond nails.

These are almond nails:

Those stiletto nails are going to poke someone's eye out
  • Right? They're very, very frightening...

• I've never seen stiletto nails before. What the hell? How are supposed to function with those?
  • I actually had an audible verbal reaction to that first photo in the OP. It scared the crap out of me.
  • @laurenellz87 I know, right?  It's just so excessive, and as someone who paid a decent amount of money to learn the proper way to do it and  hopes to do this professionally, it kills me XD  
  • @ClimbingBrideNY

I have to wonder that myself. I imagine I would accidentally stab myself while using the restroom.. THAT would be interesting to explain to a doctor...

• @ClimbingBrideNY

I have to wonder that myself. I imagine I would accidentally stab myself while using the restroom.. THAT would be interesting to explain to a doctor...

Stupid box!
    Using the restroom is the first thing that came to mind when I saw those nails! I just don't understand how it would work. 
  • Not sure if this counts, but I hate when people use the word "stiletto nails" when they actually mean almond nails.

These are almond nails:

I love both looks, but my goodness, I couldn't do a thing with nails like the first photo. I'd be forced to loll around eating chocolates all day.

• That's a pretty good excuse :D

• you could always use them with fondue, no pokers needed
  • kitty8403 said:
    Not sure if this counts, but I hate when people use the word "stiletto nails" when they actually mean almond nails.

These are almond nails:

I love both looks, but my goodness, I couldn't do a thing with nails like the first photo. I'd be forced to loll around eating chocolates all day.
    Stiletto nails are normaly only used on one finger (Pinky from what I have seen) {insert crack nail joke here} or if done on the whole hand are just done for looks/practice/art and removed after the picture is taken.
    I agree, if you are going to talk nails, Know it don't blow it!!

• Before I even clicked on your post the word "contouring" popped into my head immediately. I always see girls that work in makeup stores at the mall do this. They look great from outside the strore.. not so much when you go in. :/
  • Thing I hate the most: FLARE NAILS. Think Long Island Medium.

HATEHATEHATE
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I hate most nail trends. Bubble nails, textured, those weird spatula nails, the death talons.....

Tired of the cover half your face heavy cat eye. Or any trend based on Adele who I find to look way overly made up. Dita von Teese looks like she wears less!

Pastel crayon colored lipstick. That doesn't bug me in dark shades, but light wigs me. That may be fully related to my hate of Doe Deere and Lime Crime. I am a total lover of Portland Black Lipstick Co.

Green eyeliner. It looks infected.
  • What makeup trends on Pinterest get under your skin?  For me it's the Highlighting and contouring tutorials.  Not all of them, just the ones that are completely wrong and use half of sephora just to end up looking like a drag queen wannabe.  I learned how to HAC from a professional, and THIS is NOT how it's done: image
    The "after" always looks like a drag queen to me. And hey, I love me my drag queens, but that's probably not the look most girls are going for.
  • Stab someone.

• I'm sick of seeing the "Listerine + Shaving Cream" foot soak...  now, maybe it works - who knows.  But to me, it sounds like another ridiculous home-remedy / beauty claim.  Give me a warm tub of Epsom salts and a pumice stone, and that's swell - keep the Listerine and shaving cream away from my feet, thanks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards