July 2014 Weddings

July Honeymoon

Where are people planning to honeymoon in July?

Re: July Honeymoon

• We are thinking of Punta Cana.  We want to go somewhere we haven't been, and we want a direct flight because we want to spend the least possible amount of time traveling, and there are a lot of nice all inclusives there.  We love the Excellence and it's adult only, so that is looking like where we will end up. Punta Cana in general is also a little cheaper than some other places we were thinking of so we can go for 10 days.  We looked into Aruba and St. Lucia but didn't see any resorts we loved and it would have been a little more expensive.
  • We're thinking Costa Rica and Panama, but still trying to figure it out.  We want a mix of sitting by the beach and doing some more active stuff.
  • We're going to Punta Cana as well - my FH has been on a cruise and used to be in the military and stationed in Hawaii, so we wanted to do something he hasn't really done already, and we knew we wanted to go tropical.
  • I think the Excellence Resorts look great... and I have not been to DR, but we have been all over the Caribbean due to 3 cruises and to Hawaii. My concern is hurricane season. I am now thinking of Barbados, or even Bonaire if we could get our Scuba Certification out of the way. I am thinking of telling my Fiance the Honeymoon booking is his job!
  • Where are people planning to honeymoon in July?

@lleblanc33

We are going to be tight on money after the wedding so we're planning on doing a long weekend in New Orleans or going to Niagra Falls. Then for our 1 year we will go on a vacation to where we originally wanted to go.

• We're going to Europe (locations not set yet but will likely include at least London and Paris). The thought of the caribbean in July was just not appealing to us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bruinsbuzzbruinsbuzz member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2013
    hlvonb said:

We are going to be tight on money after the wedding so we're planning on doing a long weekend in New Orleans or going to Niagra Falls. Then for our 1 year we will go on a vacation to where we originally wanted to go.

@hlvonb

Niagra Falls is beautiful and has a lot to do in the area.  You can even drive up to Toronto and visit around there (beautiful city)!  I believe it was an hour or so away.  Definitely stay on the Canadian side, the view is better and there is more to do.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We got a honeymoon for Christmas... My aunt and uncle are sending to Mexico to one of Mayan resorts.  They have a time share that they are letting us use.  We are so excited they are paying for EVERYTHING, so we can use that money towards the wedding!
  • mrswerner2014

That's so fortunate that you have family to help you :D  We were looking in that area as well, but decided on an All Inclusive in the Dominican Republic!
  • hlvonb said:

@hlvonb

Niagra Falls is beautiful and has a lot to do in the area.  You can even drive up to Toronto and visit around there (beautiful city)!  I believe it was an hour or so away.  Definitely stay on the Canadian side, the view is better and there is more to do.
    @bruinsbuzz

Thanks!!
  • anipp14anipp14 member
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2014
    We are looking at key west- we love fishing and golfing and things of the like, so it should be perfect for us! If someone has been there, we'd love tips.
    \f0\fs24 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Wedding Countdown Ticker}
  • @anlpp take a day trip to the dry tortugas
  • We are going the the Sandals Whitehouse resort in Jamaica for a week =]]
  • hlvonb said:
    I think we'll be in a similar boat, between finances and work commitments. We're marrying in NW Montana, so perhaps a trip down the Washington/Oregon coast or a quick weekend in CA wine country. We definitely want to go lounge on the beach, and I like your idea for a 1 year anniversary trip!

NOLA is a great city, but it's ridiculously hot in July and not terribly romantic. I'd definitely vote for Niagara Falls...it's absolutely beautiful!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We just booked our honeymoon at Dreams in Punta Cana, DI!  :D  Another thing off the check list.  Hurt a little to sign that check, but man... 10 days after all this planning is going to be a dream.  <3
  • We won $1000 toward our Honeymoon at a bridal show this past summer and have decided to go to the Grand Canyon in Arizona. I've never been on a plane or left the East Coast, so I'm super excited. I want to have less of the "normal" honeymoon and laying on a beach somewhere drinking an umbrella drink, and more zip lining/ white water rafting kinda of things. :)
  • @patrice5kids

That sounds like a BLAST!  I've always wanted to venture down into the GC and camp/raft!
  • We are planning on going to Grand Bahia Jamaica.
  • Will do, thank you!! @aisdoyle
    \f0\fs24 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Wedding Countdown Ticker}
  • We are going to Sint Maarten. July is their slow season so not over crowded and their weather is beautiful 70s-80s year round. A friend of mine went last July for her honeymoon and said it was AMAZING! We are so excited for a week away after all the wedding stress!
  • I'm from Costa Rica and I love it! It's a great place to honeymoon! 
  • We are going to Europe! London is my first love so I want to introduce it to my fiancee! 
  • We're going to Whistler, BC! Staying in the nicest resort because during summer months, no one is skiing and the prices are much more reasonable!
  • We are going to Punta Cana. We are staying at the new Breathless resort. I'm so excited!
  • The FI and I are staying at the Excellence Resort in Punta Cana! I cannot wait.  We were looking at Sandals resorts especially the new Grenada resort, but for the price of a basic room at Sandals we could get the nicest at the Excellence.  Plus it was highly recommended from one our firends who honeymooned there about 2 years ago.

As for the hurricane season thing, it's not much a deterrent for me since I'm a meteorologist! Hahaha. As much as I'm hoping for nice weather, I'm a weather nerd and would find a hurricane interesting. But if anyone was curious this year is predicted to be a slow hurricane season. 
  • @jneen101 Did you decided on the Excellence?
  • @ itslizzyC Yes we are sooooo excited!!  We got the oceanfront rooftop terrance suite and it is definitely going to be the nicest place we have ever stayed.  We are going for 10 days.  Are you staying here too??
  • Oh duh I see right above that you are!
  • @itslizzyC and @jneen101, we're staying the Excellence too!!! So excited! We are doing a week in Punta Cana and then a week of hiking and camping in the mountains when we get back. Can't wait! :)

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards