Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Bridesmaids in blouse and skirt, what should groomsmen wear? Help!

My bridesmaids will be wearing this...but probably with a grey or champagne sash. 
I have no idea what colors the grooms should wear if they should be in a tux or a suit? I really like they grey suits but I don't if it would look right together!

Re: Bridesmaids in blouse and skirt, what should groomsmen wear? Help!

• Options
    Khaki pants and a blue dress shirt maybe?
  • Options
    Will the sash be instead of the belt? If not.. where would that go?

I think grey suits would be fine.  I wouldn't do a tux with this BM outfit as it looks much less formal than a tux.
  • Options
    I'd suggest an ivory/khaki suit with a white shirt and aqua tie, or just khakis and no suit jacket. Seems like this isn't going to be very formal, so the guys may not need jackets.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options

I would go with khaki pants and a white shirt, brown belt and shoes. 
    This.
  • Options
    Also, I would make sure you really like the sash idea. This doesn't really seem like a sash outfit. 
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:

This.
    I would also go with this option.  A tux would definitely be too formal with that BM outfit, and I think a suit could even look too formal.
  • Options
    My bridesmaids are also wearing skirts and and blouses.

The groomsmen will wear brown slacks and white shirts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:

This.
    I would also go with this option.  A tux would definitely be too formal with that BM outfit, and I think a suit could even look too formal.

This.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:

This.

yup, tuxes would be way out of place considering how casual the BMs will be.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2013
    I agree with PPs, tuxes are way to casual (I mean formal) with those bridesmaid outfits. You could do suits, although I think even those would be too formal. I recommend some type of slack and a button-down either with or without a tie.
  • Options
    I just want to say that I think those bridesmaid outfits are super cute! I agree with the khaki suit (or even no jacket) suggestions.
  • Options
    I think that look for the bridesmaids is pretty casual, so the groomsmen should be more casual so no tuxes or suits IMO.  So, maybe a button down shirt and khaki pants.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Especially after seeing the pictures, I think khakis and a button down might be your best bet.  If you're set on grey suits, I think they'd be fine, but I think the khakis go better with the picture you showed.
  • Options
    I vote against suits AND tuxes with these outfits. Definitely agree with others.

Also, keep in mind your venue. Is this casual attire matching with the "formality" of the venue
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards