New Jersey

Who pays for bridemaid's hair and makeup?

I have heard mixed things about whose responsibility it is to pay for the bridemaids hair and makeup on the trial and wedding day.  I don't know what to do, help!

Re: Who pays for bridemaid's hair and makeup?

• If you are requiring your bridesmaids to get their hair and makeup done, it is your responsibility to pay. If they are choosing to get it done, then they pay.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have been in six weddings and we have always been given the choice to have hair and makeup but I always have done it and paid.  I just take it as part of being a bridesmaid.  I'm trying to get hair and make up people right now and am stressing cause everyone is so expensive and while I'm not worried about cost I want to keep it reasonable for anyone who wants to get theres done.
  • @littlekik i was in the same exact situation and i stumbled upon a lady Enory who works out of her home and she has been the most BEYOND reasonable quote ive ever received.  her Facebook page is "Makeup by Robert's Beauty" if you're interested.

For the OP, if you are requesting (used instead of 'demanding' hehe) that hair and makeup is a certain way that is not doable for the bridesmaid to style herself, then you should be paying for her.

I gave my girls an idea of what I envisioned for their hair which is very simple and something they all can do themselves and that most of them wear as every day styles anyway.  Some are doing their own makeup, some are going with my make up artist, and some are going to their own favorite makeup counters (i.e. bobbi brown).   If they wish to do it on their own and not use your artist, just give them an idea of what you had in mind if you are that worried about the end-look.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• littlekik said:

I have been in six weddings and we have always been given the choice to have hair and makeup but I always have done it and paid.  I just take it as part of being a bridesmaid.  I'm trying to get hair and make up people right now and am stressing cause everyone is so expensive and while I'm not worried about cost I want to keep it reasonable for anyone who wants to get theres done.

We got makeup done at Bare Escentuals, which basically they will do your makeup and then you buy some of their products. So I gave my girls all a gift card to the store with the rest of their bridesmaid gifts. I feel like at least you are getting something for your money. And they didn't have a set amount you had to spend, so in reality you could get your makeup done and some type of makeup product for about $30. Most of my girls got a compact and the lip kit for $60 something, but still a really good deal. They did a great job too. Just make sure you allot some extra time in case they are busy, but call ahead and they can definitely work with you!

• I let each girl decide on their own. I didn't even give them a "preferred style." Some did hair themselves, some makeup, some both, and some had both done.

Our wedding was very early (10:30 am) so we wouldn't have been able to go to a salon together anyway since there wouldn't have been time. I let their budgets and ideas decide what they wanted to do - and they all looked great.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards