July 2014 Weddings
Options

Hot Wedding Concern!

I'm getting married on July 26, 2014 and I booked my venue about 2 months ago. I just found out they have no air conditioning! Anyone have any advice on to how to cool down this wedding so everyone isn't miserable and hot? I need help! 

Re: Hot Wedding Concern!

• Options
    Can you switch the date, but still keep the deposit? I'm getting married that day too!
    I have no advice. You can do "programs" as fans glued to sticks, like on cardstock with a paint stick. Does that make sense? I explained that seemingly tacky, but you get my drift. I'm sure they have templates somewhere....
  • Options
    Is that the venue for the ceremony, reception or both?  

Does the venue have big portable fans? (One of the outdoor venue we talked to use large fans to cool the space down- but it was only 140 people seated.)

• Options
    I'm getting married on July 26, 2014 and I booked my venue about 2 months ago. I just found out they have no air conditioning! Anyone have any advice on to how to cool down this wedding so everyone isn't miserable and hot? I need help! 

@Brittnidee

You and I have the same date! Woohoo!

Anyway, fans always help. Cute favors or programs in fan shape help too.

An old school way was to take pans (9x13) or bigger, fill them with water and put them in the freezer and then take them out (once its a block of ice) and put that in front of the fan. It does wonders for cooling things down.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards