Wedding Reception Forum

songfor first dance

I've been debating between 3 songs for the first dance. I'm debating between hey there delilah by the Plain White Tees I also like you and I by Ingrid Michaelson thirdly I like You and I by One Direction what do you guys think?

Re: songfor first dance

• I mean this in the nicest way possible, but how old are you?  This is 100% up to you and FI and whatever you choose will be perfect for you, but those are very "of the time" songs.  When are you getting married?  Keep listening, we stumbled on your song almost by accident : ) 
  • I don't really wanna share my age cause the last wedding site I was on I told them my age and they bullied me and I was forced to leave.
  • I recommend something classic, you may not like today's popular music in a few years when you look back on your wedding day. Also, this is something for both you and your FI to choose, not you and some internet strangers :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Rebl90 said:
    I recommend something classic, you may not like today's popular music in a few years when you look back on your wedding day. Also, this is something for both you and your FI to choose, not you and some internet strangers :)
    I don't know about the "classic" idea. I'm 28(and age is just a number OP) and i think we will be using "Wanted"- by Hunter Hayes... i personally don't like the "classic" songs- and they don't fit us...

OP- choose what fits you and your fiance- and when you grow old together you will remember your first dance song- no one else.

:)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • You should choose something that both you and FI like and can enjoy reliving every time you hear it. H and I danced to "All that you are" from the Goo Goo Dolls. We've seen them in concert twice and have wonderful memories of dancing in the crowd as they played the song so for us it was a no brainer.
  • Rebl90Rebl90 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    Alexandrathgr8 said: Rebl90 said: I recommend something classic, you may not like today's popular music in a few years when you look back on your wedding day. Also, this is something for both you and your FI to choose, not you and some internet strangers :) I don't know about the "classic" idea. I'm 28(and age is just a number OP) and i think we will be using "Wanted"- by Hunter Hayes... i personally don't like the "classic" songs- and they don't fit us...

OP- choose what fits you and your fiance- and when you grow old together you will remember your first dance song- no one else.

:)

----------

Classic merely means a song that is not popular, or "pop", a song that can be seen as timeless. It sounds like you took it to mean
    classical, but that is not at all what I said. My FI and I will most likely be dancing to a country song, but one that means a great deal to both of us and our relationship. My main concern was her coming on here asking for our input when this is really something that other people shouldn't be chiming in about. Heck, I should have just said that instead of putting my 2 cents in, because that's what its all about. 

Edited: Freaking quote boxes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards