Massachusetts-Boston

Fall Wedding - September or October?

sjuhawkzsjuhawkz member
5 Love Its First Comment
edited December 2013 in Massachusetts-Boston
New England wedding, any thoughts on September or October for a fall wedding?

Fall Wedding - September or October? 10 votes

September
60% 6 votes
October
40% 4 votes

Re: Fall Wedding - September or October?

• Are you considering anything outdoors (ceremony, reception)?
    I'm partial to October, because that's when my wedding was.  We did run into minor issues due to weather, but nothing that ruined it. No matter when the wedding is, you just need to remember that you can't control the weather and just to have a back-up plan. 
    It also depends on it you want to attempt to have fall foliage in your photos.
  • It depends on the venue and what you're going for! We were originally looking for October in Boston, but October was mostly booked at our venue and we didn't want the weekend of Head of the Charles (hotels would have been more difficult), or Halloween, or Columbus Day. Our options ended up being early September or early November...we went with November because I'd rather be cold taking pictures outdoors than sweaty. Clearly, that's a personal choice. :-)
  • Ceremony and Venue are all indoors, although there are some areas to take outdoor photos that would be nice. November we crossed off because the groom is the best man in another wedding that month (and of course you never know with the weather/snow/ice). I reserved Sept 20, but the date is still flexible at this point.  The October date was the 18th. 
  • I'd say early October. Nice weather, and for those of us that work in schools the back-to-school craziness has died down!
  • October 18 is head of the Charles weekend, so if your wedding is in Boston, you might want to change that.

Also, where in New England? If your in Southern New England, October is more fall, September is more summer. If your in Northern New England, than September would be perfect.

• Thanks everyone! Didn't even think about head of Charles - thanks! Def want to avoid. That leaves us with Sept 20th option, so it looks like that will be it. I guess it could go either way to more summery or fall depending on the weather next year.
  • Sounds like you got a perfect date. Its a great time of year!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards