Snarky Brides

For your Sunday Evening Entertainment...UPDATES!!!

Chipmunk415Chipmunk415 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited December 2013 in Snarky Brides
Just started addressing the invitations for my wedding. Adding the RSVP cards, I just noticed a quirky goof on my part. Under choice of entree, I put Beef and Chicken. We are also offering Children under 10 a separate kids meal option. Under Beef and Chicken, I added "Children" for the parents of kids (expecting maybe 4) to mark. But looking at it now, I realize it looks like this:

Choice of Entree

__Beef
__Chicken
__Children

Any cannibals at our wedding are going to be disappointed!

Re: For your Sunday Evening Entertainment...UPDATES!!!

• That's awesome ;)

• Just started addressing the invitations for my wedding. Adding the RSVP cards, I just noticed a quirky goof on my part. Under choice of entree, I put Beef and Chicken. We are also offering Children under 10 a separate kids meal option. Under Beef and Chicken, I added "Children" for the parents of kids (expecting maybe 4) to mark. But looking at it now, I realize it looks like this:

Choice of Entree

__Beef
    __Chicken
    __Children

Any cannibals at our wedding are going to be disappointed!
    Didn't even have to read the rest. Haha the moment I read the bold part I just started laughing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For the record, I'm leaving the cards as is. On our wedding website, I list the specific beef (NY strip stack) and chicken (chicken cordon bleu) entrees, and note that for kids under 10, there is a seperate kids meal offered. There shouldn't be too much confusion at that point :)
  • Oh I am crying with laughter. That is amazing.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • That. Is. Awesome! Thanks for sharing that laugh.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'

• For the record, I'm leaving the cards as is. On our wedding website, I list the specific beef (NY strip stack) and chicken (chicken cordon bleu) entrees, and note that for kids under 10, there is a seperate kids meal offered. There shouldn't be too much confusion at that point :)
    I really really wish you could see the reaction to your guests' faces when they read that! Hahaha I know some are going to read it "yada yada....wait what?!" I applaud you for keeping it the same!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @CLI242009, actually, my FSMIL looked at the card when I was showing her the invites and rsvps and said "Children?" with a confused expression. I said "yeah, for the kid's meal option." She didn't say anything further, and I didn't pick up on it really until last night.

FI started laughing when I told him, and suggested we write " 's meal option" in next to to "Children". I said let's leave it as is and see how twisted some of our family can get!

• Share the responses!
  • That's hilarious! I'm actually glad I didn't see this til Monday - I needed the laugh today. Thanks! :)
    *********************************************************************************

• OUT-standing!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Your guests will be in for a disappointment, I heard children are extra tender! :p I can't wait to see how your guests respond, "Can little Johnny be on the menu? He's been a real pain lately, and Sally has no meat on her bones."
  • @CLI242009, actually, my FSMIL looked at the card when I was showing her the invites and rsvps and said "Children?" with a confused expression. I said "yeah, for the kid's meal option." She didn't say anything further, and I didn't pick up on it really until last night.

FI started laughing when I told him, and suggested we write " 's meal option" in next to to "Children". I said let's leave it as is and see how twisted some of our family can get!

Or see how much your family thinks YOU guys are twisted? xD It would be like "Wow jeez Aunt__ I didn't realize you saw me so evil/twisted" lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • See my question is why serve both chicken and children?  Isn't human supposed to taste like chicken?  Or is it kind of like a beef and veal kinda thing?  lol I would have left the cards like that too.  Reading that made my day. I have been watching a 3 year old all day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Actually id think it would be more like pork due to the fact I've heard pig skin is closest to human
  • Evil Chipmunk wants to be able to skype with my sister when she and her family receive their invite. Both of her daughters (my nieces) are in the wedding as flower girls. The older one is precocious, matter of fact, borderline indigo child/special snowflake. The younger is just as smart, but down to earth and lots of fun (and she's also my goddaughter).

Evil side of me wants to see their reactions and say "Oh yes, didn't you know? Uncle R and Aunt A didn't put you on the menu because theirs was a cocktail reception, but it's tradition at plated luncheons that the flower girls are served up for dinner." JUST TO SEE THEIR REACTIONS!

Caveat for those who might think this is horrible to do to children- they are 8.5 and 7, going on 15 and 16. They are also aware that Pop Pop (my dad) is a big joker, and that Auntie Chipmunk likes to play jokes on occasion too. While Older Niece might have a total freak out/meltdown, Younger Niece will likely smirk at me and say "You're soooo funny Auntie!" Sis will flip at me, until I reassure the girls they are definitely not on the menu, but have the option of chicken tenders and fries instead of the normal entrees and veggies. They are already very interested in the chocolate fondue we are having in place of a grooms cake :-D

• I think that is one of the most fun goof-ups, way to have a sense of humor about it and let it add fun to your day instead of stress!

You have to tell us if anyone says anything, I think there's a lot of potential there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Invites went out this week. I will keep you gals updated!
  • Lmfao!!!! That's awesome haha
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Your parents are awesome!
  • Lol! That's hilarious! Totally made my Monday!
  • This is priceless. Please keep the updates coming. I am making DD's invitations and am suddenly sad that there are very few kids invited and no kids meal option. I would have soooo stolen this!
  • Third friend (whose wedding we are attending next week) has noticed. She and her FI were apparently highly amused and thought I did it on purpose (they know me too well).  The fact that everyone who is noticing is on "my side" makes this even better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards