Wedding Reception Forum

Do you have to have dancing at a wedding?

2»

Re: Do you have to have dancing at a wedding?

• Who has a reception w/out dancing?  How long are you paying for the venue for because it doesn't sound like you are having much of a party. Dinner and some speeches should only last about 2 hours..are you at least having drinks?
    People who don't like dancing?  I'm not a party girl, and I hate loud weddings, so I didn't want mine to be like that.  And I'm also not having drinks . . . I don't think you would have fun at my wedding @Alexandrathgr8, but I know I will. 
    And sorry, I know you were addressing this to OP, but she's not the only one not having dancing. 

• Just because there's dancing at your wedding doesn't mean you HAVE to dance, and it doesn't mean everyone is going to dance the whole time.  You can have music and dancing at your wedding, and the guests who want to dance will dance.  In my experience whenever dancing is involved, there are always at least a few people who just don't like dancing and will remain at their tables, so you and your FI wouldn't be the only ones not dancing and you could always spend that time at the tables with your guests who also don't feel like dancing.
  • kerbohl said:
    Who has a reception w/out dancing?  How long are you paying for the venue for because it doesn't sound like you are having much of a party. Dinner and some speeches should only last about 2 hours..are you at least having drinks?
    People who don't like dancing?  I'm not a party girl, and I hate loud weddings, so I didn't want mine to be like that.  And I'm also not having drinks . . . I don't think you would have fun at my wedding @Alexandrathgr8, but I know I will. 
    And sorry, I know you were addressing this to OP, but she's not the only one not having dancing. 
    Nah.. i would have fun at your wedding. I think it's about you and the people you want closest to you on your wedding day. My guess is, we are just different type of people(as i enjoy loud weddings and drinking) but if i were a guest at your wedding, and the wedding reflected you (someone whom i cared about) i would be overjoyed to celebrate your day with you...dancing or no. :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards