Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Separate & Combined Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties

I am a big believer that the bride and groom should have a bachelor/bachelorette party separately BUT would it be too much to also have a combined coed bachelor/bachelorette celebration? We are both planning on having more relaxed bachelor/bachelorette parties separately but I thought it would be fun to get everyone together to do the whole going out bar hopping thing since we are all such good friends. Thoughts?

Re: Separate & Combined Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties

• Well, you shouldn't be throwing any b-party party for yourself so there's that. 

Yes, I would think it was super obnoxious if you both basically had two b-parties. That's a lot of time and money people have to spend celebrating you. Why not just put together a casual bar crawl for your friends? It doesn't have to be about you and your wedding. 
  • True. That was more what I was thinking was just a casual thing not really a full blown party. We are mostly all hanging out anyway so it would probably be about the same as other nights.
  • If you mostly hang out as friends anyway, then there's no need to have a combined party. 
  • Why don't you just host a regular ole party? Or get a group to just go bar hopping together? Like send out a text "going to be on Main St this Saturday night, going from Houlihans to O'connors then maybe the Tap. Wanna join?"
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I would do one or the other - not both. A combined party sounds fun. 
  • Or you could start the night out combined and then seperate.
  • Schatzi13 said:
    Teddy917 said:
    Or you could start the night out combined and then seperate.
    On a trip abroad, I attended a b-party like this. The parties started out separate earlier in the evening for gender-delineated shenanigans, then we all met up later in the evening. I thought it a neat idea, and I don't think it'd be a problem to suggest this if the people who offer to throw the b-parties ask for your input.
    This. That way, you get the best of both worlds, so to speak. You get to hang out with all your friends but then later on in the night you get your traditional female only bachelorette party.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• we did separate day activities and both parties met up for dinner and then went to a fun bar.  The girls did mani/pedi's during the day and they had games and whatnot back at the hotel.  The guys did lunch and go kart racing.  We had a fun night together, and the next morning those who stayed at the hotel did breakfast before everyone left.  And the looks like I got dressed as bachelorette dancing with my fiance were priceless.

Anniversary
  • I think its a fantastic idea. And one surprisingly not done so much! me and mine and thinking of the same thing, thought not bar hopping but throwing a party. Kind of like the pre-wedding receptionl. With tequilla
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards