Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

buffet style..

Hey ladies!
So were having a buffet for our dinner were gunna have 3 different choices for meat. How would I include that in our invites so I know how many of each to order? Also, how will that work out day off just trust thay people will take what they picked?

Re: buffet style..

• Options
    Hey ladies! So were having a buffet for our dinner were gunna have 3 different choices for meat. How would I include that in our invites so I know how many of each to order? Also, how will that work out day off just trust thay people will take what they picked?
    @tashajohngaffney

I would talk to your venue about it if you have not already. They have experience in how about going about it. 

We looked at doing a buffet style and we were told (by more than 1 venue) that the guests pick what they want when they get their food. We were looking at 2 types of meat and they said if we were having 50 guests then we should order about 100 of each type of meat. Maybe more if we know / can safely assume that people will go back for seconds. 

We were told that you should plan for 2 times the amount of guests at the reception for the bigger items like meats (50 guests = 100 per meat). And for things like vegetables or things that not everyone would take its about 1.5 times the number of guests (50 guests = 75 servings).
  • Options
    No, don't have guests choose their meal in advance for a buffet.  Talk to your caterer/venue to make sure you will have enough of each dish for your number of guests.  Your caterer should have experience with this.
  • Options
    If it's a buffet, you don't need to do this. The caterer will be prepared for people taking all options, only 2... etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards