Getting in Shape

Need to slim down before Jan 30!!! Help

I have been eating healthier and smaller portion for the last couple of month to try and loose weight before going in for my fitting. I have lost no weight. My fitting is scheduled for January 30th, can anyone give me some tips on how to loose the extra pounds. I am 4'11 and I weight 135. I can try and post a picture of the day i bought my dress. I normally only drink water and maybe a cup of coffee milk a day if that. I don't usually eat a lot of rice, only in sushi or gumbo but not a lot. I don't usally eat bread. I maybe sip a dr pepper when my fiancee orders it.

Re: Need to slim down before Jan 30!!! Help

• First of all, you look BEAUTIFUL in that dress!!  I totally get where you're coming from as a bride-to-be myself, but it fits you wonderfully right now!

Second of all, here are my 2 cents:
    -keep drinking lots of water! (green tea - NOT the sugary fake kind - is great too)
    -cut back on greasy foods
    -cut back on carbs
    -cut back on soda / carbonated drinks
    -eat lots of fruits, veggies, and lean protein
    -cardio!  jump rope... jog... etc etc
    -weight-lifting!  (lifting weights burns more calories than cardio)
    -yoga!  great for lengthening and strengthening.  Body-weight exercises are super.

I'm trying to do the same (albeit with a little more time), but whatever you do, DO NOT STARVE YOURSELF.  You need to be strong and healthy for your wedding more than you need to be stick-thin.  Keep up the good work! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • I agree with Marzipan.  You look gorgeous and don't need to lose a pound.  However, I understand your goal.  Just make sure you are eating healthy try adding some exercise to your routine (if you don't already).  Personally I am a runner.  It's one of the highest calorie burning exorcises and it tones your whole body.  I understand running is not a  passion that everyone shares, so even walking at an incline can get results along with other exercises mentioned above.  Absolutely do not starve yourself or skip meals. This can actually be very counterproductive.  If you skip meals your body goes into "starvation mode" and starts storing your food to prepare for the next time you deprive yourself.  Good luck and try not to sweat the small stuff. 
  • Thank you both for the compliment (i cant spell lol). I will try those things, I am meeting with a trainer today to try and get a workout route, the other bad thing is I work so much its hard to get a work out in.
  • Seriously, you look great in your dress!  I think that shape is really pretty on you.

FWIW: I started doing Physique 57 classes for an hour every morning (6 days a week) this summer, and I dropped a dress size in one month.  This was during a time I was actually eating
    more than normal (lots of work social events).  Here's a link to their website-- they have DVDs and online videos: www.physique57.com.  It is freakin' hard as f**k and you will shake like a leaf, but it's so good.

But generally I second what PPs have said, try to up your water intake, limit carbs and sugar, and get in lots of workouts.  Do a mix of cardio and weight training so you can burn + tone up.  Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Thank you, I met with a trainer yesterday and he is designing me a workout program and he is condifent I can tone up before the 30th and then I just have to keep it off lol.

I have to admit, one reason my size bothers me is because my fiance is 130 pounds, he is so slim it's hard for me to believe that me the girl the weighs more than he guy.

• Thank you, I met with a trainer yesterday and he is designing me a workout program and he is condifent I can tone up before the 30th and then I just have to keep it off lol.

I have to admit, one reason my size bothers me is because my fiance is 130 pounds, he is so slim it's hard for me to believe that me the girl the weighs more than he guy.

I feel you... my fiance is the same weight as me, but on him it looks much slimmer and more fit!  haha    
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • I know what you mean about it looking slimmer and more fit on the guy.  I try to workout at least 3 times a week and I see results, but they are limited.  My fiance looks at a treadmill and I swear he loses weight and tones up.
  • First- you look absolutely gorge in your dress! I wouldn't stress out about losing weight because you really look great. But I do understand how you feel. I had the same issue with my ex awhile ago! I actually am a nutrition coach, and I would advise that you stay away from anything with a high glycemic load in the afternoon/evening. It is good to stay away from any refined white grains (bread, rice, pasta), or any sugary snacks (including fruit and yogurt). But really follow this in the evening. Fried food is a good to stay clear of also. Also- really important- try to minimize alcohol. I know it's really hard around the holidays, but if you drink, and then eliminate drinking, it can really make a HUGE difference! Make sure you are eating lean proteins (chicken breast, eggs, fish, etc)- it will help you stay satisfied. Working out is great, but remember that abs are made in the kitchen! They say 80% nutrition and 20% exercise will get you the best results, so stay strong on your food choices! If you are interested in more hands on guidance I coach a 28 day nutrition boot camp called nourish-mint. It has meal plans and grocery lists, so very helpful for your last stretch! If you are interested you can check it out here: nourish-mint.com Good luck- no matter what I'm sure you will look beautiful!!
  • Thank you! I am trying my dress on for christmas just to get a final feel of how I fit in it.

I try to stay away from rice but the bad thing is my fiancee is a rice farmer, so we have plenty of rice around... Also I am usually the last one home so he cooks for the most part. For example, last night I got home around 9:00pm and he had cooked some teal, I could have eaten all the teal in the pot and still been starving because they are so lean, so I did eat about a cup of rice and gravy.

Our normal time to eat supper because we usually work so late is 8-9pm. I know that is a huge no-no but I don't see any way around it.

I have met with a trainer who has set me up an exercise program, and I am going today to do my first route with him. However, I only have 30 minutes to exercise and workout before having to go to job number two.

On the alcohol portion of your commnet, that is not a problem. I seldomely drink alcohol and if i do its usually one mixed drink or a glass of wine. I have also pretty much cut out carbinated drinks, except a cup of coffee milk in the mornings during work and maybe 1 carbinated drink a week and I probably don't ever drink the whole thing. I love Dr. Pepper but I usually cheat with a half a glass of sweet tea. I also cheat on most sundays with a some chocolate milk because I have to be at work for 7am.

I don't want to seem like these are all excuses, this is just how my life kinda rotates at the moment.

And it doesn't help that my fiancee' really doesn't support me working out because he says I'm fine the way I am, so he's always cooking rice and potatos, now don't get me wrong sometimes he does cook veggies for me and I do practice selfcontrol around starches.

• I understand the whole working late thing so it's hard to make a healthy meal in the evening, but something you could try is meal planning and preparing a healthy meal earlier in the day or week. Something i'm hoping to start trying is meal planning on Sundays making my grocery lists and preparing as much as I can to prevent my crappy "go to's" for a quick meal.  
  • First of all, OP - you're in a GREAT place to start - so I wouldn't worry too much about the # on the scale, but I totally understand wanting to look your absolute best on your wedding day.  I'm in a similar place - not an unhealthy weight at all.... but wedding pictures stay around forever and I would love to be in great shape for those!

Some advice:  Drink LOTS of water.  Try for at least 1/2 gallon a day.  I got a 1/2 gallon jug at Target for about $5 and carry it with me everywhere.  Get a pedometer (they can range from about $10-$200, depending on how fancy you want to be) and try to take at least 10,000 steps daily.  I've been doing those two things (and not restricting food, just trying to make more good choices) and am down 3 lbs in just over a week.  

Good luck!

• That is awesome, I do need increase my water intake. I usally one drink two bottles a day.
  • DanielleFruge 

Not related to the weight loss question, but that's the dress I fell in love with yesterday!  I haven't bought it yet, but I think I will.  You look great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards