Chit Chat
Options

why would he marry her?

2»

Re: why would he marry her?

• Options
    smalfrie19 I feel the same way. Before FI came along grocery shopping wasn't the end of the world because I could go through my list in the middle of the night, but he insists on doing it during the day and always wants to tag along since he thinks it's helpful. It's not if I have coupons for most of my list and you don't hear that I need a certain brand and size of something it isn't helping. 
  • Options
    afox007 said:

there are days where I have definitely said unkind things to FI in public. While its not right, that doesn't necessarily make me a bad person. It just makes me bad at managing my emotions.

For example, If FI insist on going grocery shopping at 4 30pm and I haven't eaten all day and then he wants to wander the aisles looking at everything in the store..he's probably going to get a snarky comment or two out of me.

Your FI should consider himself lucky. I'm nice to FI 99% of the time but ANYTIME we are in a grocery store I turn into a miserable bitch whether I'm hungry or not...grocery stores just overwhelm me unless its 2 am and totally empty
    Full disclosure: I FUCKING HATE GROCERY SHOPPING WITH MY FI!!! I HATE it...I prefer to go alone..I make a list and get what I need and get the fuck out...
    Bwahahaha... every time FI joins DS and I, he has to stroll through the aisles, look at everything and throw a bunch of junk in the cart that we don't need. I want to divide and conquer the list and he wants to debate iceberg vs romaine for 5 farkin' minutes. It kills me so now I go at 7am Saturdays and powerwalk through the store. I'm home by 8:30 at the latest, just as he's waking up :)

• Options
    lol I love grocery shopping with FI it brings out the best in us. maybe bcuz we both love food lololol
  • Options
    lmao I get "Hangry" a lot
  • Options
    I get "hangry" a lot too.  Fi knows the signs at this point and can steer me to food pretty quickly before disaster strikes.

Grocery shopping with Fi is like grocery shopping with a small child with ADHD.  He's totally into it for about ten minutes, by which I mean he runs through the aisles grabbing Oreos, Powerade, and candy.  Then he starts complaining his feet hurt, it's too crowded, why aren't we done yet.

I had enough of that ish.  We've been ordering our groceries online for two years now and I swear it's the best decision I ever made.  Shop online, groceries show up at the door the next day, no hanger and no grocery store stress.  It's revolutionized my daily life, and I'm only exaggerating a little.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    I love how this turned into a conversation about grocery shopping and food.

I love food.

• Options
    I get hangry too. I really shouldn't be held accountable for my actions while hangry. 

And grocery shopping with FI is the worst! He's so slow and he needs to go down every aisle. When he comes with me, I end up buying twice as much food. 
  • Options

aefitz29 said:
    I love how this turned into a conversation about grocery shopping and food.

I love food.

lmao I know it's making my Hungry
  • Options
    I get hangry too. I really shouldn't be held accountable for my actions while hangry. 

And grocery shopping with FI is the worst! He's so slow and he needs to go down every aisle. When he comes with me, I end up buying twice as much food. 
    I am lucky FI understands the hangry thing...I will apologize later and he will say "Its ok hun, I know you were hangry"
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I guess I'm lucky FI just pushes the cart and follows where ever I go... He'll add some input every once in a while but for the most part we just shop and goof off
  • Options
    Emmy1493Emmy1493 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    I don't mind grocery shopping either way, but one downside to doing it alone is unloading bags from the car. :p

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    uuugggh I hated life before FI I lived on the 3rd floor it was a lose lose situation when it came to bringing in the groceries. If I brought all at once my fingers would hurt and I'd end up losing a few bag along with my breath by the time I got to the 2nd floor landing bring a few at a time by the 2nd trip my legs are burning like theyre going to fall off my body
  • Options
    very true, it's just sad to see ppl can come on a week long vacation in a beautiful ocean front property and still be so miserable. but hey what can you do? other then look at them with disgust 

Just speaking from experience here - I spent a week in Hawaii when I was 21 and I spent the entire week miserable and upset because my ex boyfriend treated me horribly the whole time and completely took advantage of me being there but did it all in private so no one would know how we was acting (mainly because he was broke, lied to me about being broke, and I ended up having to pay for everything that week, including the hotel room). I wasn't outright nasty to him in public, but I did cry on a street corner because he was drunk and mean to me, and if anyone had tried to give me a nasty look for being miserable in Hawaii, I would've smacked them.
  • Options
    Tchavon1984Tchavon1984 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    ckel24 said:
    very true, it's just sad to see ppl can come on a week long vacation in a beautiful ocean front property and still be so miserable. but hey what can you do? other then look at them with disgust 

Just speaking from experience here - I spent a week in Hawaii when I was 21 and I spent the entire week miserable and upset because my ex boyfriend treated me horribly the whole time and completely took advantage of me being there but did it all in private so no one would know how we was acting (mainly because he was broke, lied to me about being broke, and I ended up having to pay for everything that week, including the hotel room). I wasn't outright nasty to him in public, but I did cry on a street corner because he was drunk and mean to me, and if anyone had tried to give me a nasty look for being miserable in Hawaii, I would've smacked them.
    that reallllllly sucks. I know the feeling I was in a relationship like that as well. Imagine only having a short 2 day mini getaway for your birthday and on one of the days him taking your car and being out doing God knows what the entire day while you waited out by the pool for an hr. I dont care how miserable you are I think ppl can tell where its coming from. I can see hurt in someones eyes from a mile away bcuz I was that girl. but you can tell someone thats a "miserable bitch" compared to someone thats miserable for other reason... sorry you had to go thru that but you are where you are now because of it :)
  • Options
    I wish I could order groceries online here and have them delivered.  We go way too often - 3-4 times a week.  I'd much rather just have someone else get it for me.  

• Options
    I don't mind grocery shopping either way, but one downside to doing it alone is unloading bags from the car. :p

This is the worst!  Especially because I don't have a car so I have to walk all the way home from the grocery store like this!
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • Options
    I do the grocery shopping, and I usually go Sunday afternoons, when DH is at work. I make the list, check the circulars for specials, clip coupons, etc. I ask him if he has special requests or certain meals he wants, but otherwise, I do the list-making, shopping, buying, menu-setting, and cooking. 

He will sometimes go during the week, if he wants something I didn't buy, or if he forgot to tell me we needed something. 

But overall, grocery shopping is my domain and I am very happy with this arrangement.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    Emmy1493Emmy1493 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    NYCBruin said:

This is the worst!  Especially because I don't have a car so I have to walk all the way home from the grocery store like this!
    Oh gosh that would suck! Here I am complaining about two flights of stairs...:/

ETA: I can say I have been there before though, kinda. We didn't have a car growing up, so we had to walk everywhere with groceries. Doing it all by yourself would be even harder.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards