African American Weddings

NWR: Did anyone else get Beyonce's album at midnight?

I just so happened to be up and saw it posted.  I'm usually not that much of a fan, but I went ahead and pulled the trigger. So far so good. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NWR: Did anyone else get Beyonce's album at midnight?

• naw im waiting for everyone else.. im a faux beyonce fan

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • I keep hearing about it i may have to check it out before i actually buy it though

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• I will probably download it once I leave work. I don't really care for Itunes (more of an Amazon MP3 guy), but I'll do it for  Beyonce.

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

• No flocks to give Ion do Bey
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i just found out she did. I live in the dark ages. I don't know how to download music :(. I'll wait till it comes out on the radio and gets played out.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Nope I listen to the radio, I am just too cheap to buy music lol. I do pay for XM in my car tho

I just heard the Drunken Love song, I like it. I lol'd listening to it, thats FI and I for real.
  • i am anti bey 
    oddly enough love on top is on my wedding website 
    if i hear something i like i might get my brother to download it for free lol 
    yeah i am that girl 
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I downloaded it from Itunes, listened to the album a few times, and watched some of the videos (she produced a video for every song). Overall, the alblum is a mature step up for Beyonce. It's more personal and adult compared to her past albums.  She curses more in her songs (I'm climbing up the walls/ Cuz all the shit I hear is boring/ All the shit I do is boring/ All these record labels boring/ I don't trust these record labels, I'm torn.)  She vividly depict sex ("Then dip me under where you can feel my river flow and flow/ Hold me 'til I scream for air to breathe/ And wash me over until my well runs dry/ Send all your sins all over me babe, over me) --- on that part and with other songs, I had to stop. I love Beyonce dearly, but I neither want nor attracted to her "waterfalls." In past albums, Beyonce gives a wink and nod to her gay following, like in her past hits "Freakum Dress" and "Get Me Bodied." This album, not so much.

BEYONCE is, instead, a very pro-woman album. Most of the sungs are either sung from her point of view or that of women in general. She touches on the competiting standards of beauty, physical sensations of intimacy, and  being "drunk on love." In her song, "Flawless," she begins by telling her foes that she's "not his little wife" and to "bow down bitches," followed by a sample of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's TED talk, "This is the Feminist." Never have I heard a TED talk used in a song. but strangely it works for Beyonce. It's not one of my favorite songs on the album, but I recognize her attempt to both inform and declare her independence. 

My favorite songs are her ballads. I played "XO" and "Blue (feat. Blue Ivy)" on repeat during my car drive from D.C. to Baltimore. "XO" brings to mind of a budding romance whereas "Blue" is about being in a perpetual union.  While "Blue" ends with the baby voice of Blue Ivy giggling and calling for "mommy," I felt it was more about adult affection than a mother-child bond.  Easily, I could close my eyes and imagine listening to that song before I walk down the aisle.

"Each day I feel so blessed to be looking at you
    Cause when you open your eyes, I feel alive
    My heart beats so damn quick when you say my name
    When I'm holding you tight, I'm so alive"

Overall, it's a good album.  I recommend it for any Beyonce fan and for all others, wait a week for the release of individual tracks.

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

• well I didn't download it...but anybody want to be rude and email me the songs? I am just asking LMAO! 
  • "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm from Louisville, Kentucky and she was in concert that Thursday night. She (on video) mentioned an album, but no release date. Little did we know that it would be available by the time we got home. Great show, very talented woman, worth every penny.. UBER FAN!!!
  • sooo Beyonce got us for the okie doke bc you cant even download individual songs you got to buy the complete album... umm thats ok.. Ill wait ... i dont like her like that 

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • minsu5 said:

--- on that part and with other songs, I had to stop. I love Beyonce dearly, but I neither want nor attracted to her "waterfalls."

I. Can't. Breathe.

rolf.gif 414.6K
  • Ok I am a Bey lover and I woke up to Hubby having downloaded it for me.... I must say I likey.... she was very on time and grown. 

Now she caught me off gaurd with all her sexiness but she's been slowly realeasing it on us and honestly this was a very "i'm grown and married, so im gonna sing about it" It was sponsored by wine coolers and black n milds
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Great synopsis  @minsu5. I agree 100%!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not wine coolers & black n milds hollers lol Ok I am so DONE lol bbbwwaaahhh
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @thedivav you know you've had one of those nights lol
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • M1ssJ said:
    Ok I am a Bey lover and I woke up to Hubby having downloaded it for me.... I must say I likey.... she was very on time and grown. 

Now she caught me off gaurd with all her sexiness but she's been slowly realeasing it on us and honestly this was a very "i'm grown and married, so im gonna sing about it" It was sponsored by wine coolers and black n milds

Doctah, please take your seat in the corner. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards