African American Weddings

so sick of these uppity chicks! (vent)

I have thought about leaving the knot all together. Im a member on 2 other sites. None of those chicks seem as judgmental as these chicks on here. (Not you ladies) Im so sick of these bitches taking digs at me and as soon as I tell them about themselves I become the bitch. Its like some of them take this too serious. Is the knot your part time Job or something?. I am in no way shape or form an internet thug but I just find it hard to let ppl talk shit and not say anything back. News flash ur shit stinks just like mine! Uuuugghhhh ....breathe ...ok Im good lol

Re: so sick of these uppity chicks! (vent)

• I wish they would lol I am so not the one I am too old for that mess Don't leave just stay over here lol
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • vonnie!!!  {{waving}}

They've come up with an acronym for what you're describing (a knottie's announcement saying she's leaving the boards and usually ending with a dramatic declaration of some kind).  It's GBCK: Good Bye Cruel Knot! - (you must swoon it out all Scarlett O' Hara Butler like when you say this lol).   It's just a theory but part of the mean girl act may be to try and see how quickly they can draw you into their clever tactic and cyber bet on whether and how long it takes to run you off the boards (my 14 year old has a similar schoolyard game and assures me it's actually more mature than it sounds)  OR, or, it's not entertainment and it's not that complicated, you may just be dealing with a few assholes.  Girl read some of their nwr posts then decide if it's a group whose opinions you really wanna consider in the first place.

Anyway lovie the long winded point I'm making is I hope you stick around and if you do, that you spend your board time with folks who don't need to make you feel unimportant to feel better about themselves. 

• sultryzulu

O AND DONT FORGET TO TELL THEM

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• @sultryzulu, I literally just clapped my hands at "You must swoon it out all Scarlett O' Hara Butler." I didn't know there was a actual ritual to sounding off and signing off.

Yeah, most of the other boards have folks who appoint themselves the expert in design, colors, etiquette, etc. I believe these people either have control issues or are genuine haters. I don't go on the Gay Weddings much because I got into a long battle over the proper etiquette of using the Honeyfund (http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/348621/gift-registry#latest). 

I'm okay with someone disagreeing with me. I don't expect to agree with everyone I meet or hear. However, I feel it is disrespectful to bully people into your own ideas. Unfortunatelly, with the anonymity of the internet, people can bully, judge, and ridicule others simply because they aren't doing the "right" thing.

Interestingly, I have Four Weddings playing in the background (I'm having a sick day) and I see the same behavior. Brides judging other brides for not having the right dress, the right food, or the right guests. 

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

• LOVE watching Four Weddings... Them women are a mess...

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• misstira said:

Tchavon1984 LOL LOL I think we all have had our fair share of them other uppity Wedding know it all chicks on the other boards... We all tend to stay away for the most part and just stick to the AAW board... The best board on TK hands down... My thing is these other women all want to be the person to get you straight and tell you how your day should be smh....if i want to have everybody wear all orange for my day let me do it, if i want to only have a reception let me do it, i dont know who made them the Wedding Gods LOL.... it will be ok though all i do is ignore them and keep it moving!

They pissed me off a while back bcuz I said I wanted to honor my grandfather by having a father daughter dance with a slide show of pictures with the both of us. "Thats rude to your guest, you are a host its not about you but about your guest, that would make them uncomfortable" I finally got to the point where I said its my wedding you arent invited so why do you care. I asked for an opinion you dont agree say no why you feel it wouldnt work for you and keep it moving you all act like the Wedding Gods.....

They got pissed! I dont care though thats what they act like. I never thought about leaving bcuz they are mean. I can handle them. Im just not trying to become an internet thug on they ass cuz if I could jump in my car and knock these bitches in their hands and mouth with the same computer
    They use to talk so much shit I would. Lol
  • Tchavon1984 i went through the same thing... One chick told me it would be rude to go to the courthouse and have a reception dinner because i would seem gift grabby... i was like honey sitcho azz down aint nobody ask you all that... smh!...

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• @ Tira - I stole your twirl on that .gif   LOL!!! love.

minsu5 said:

@sultryzulu, I literally just clapped my hands at "You must swoon it out all Scarlett O' Hara Butler." I didn't know there was a actual ritual to sounding off and signing off.

Yeah, most of the other boards have folks who appoint themselves the expert in design, colors, etiquette, etc. I believe these people either have control issues or are genuine haters. I don't go on the Gay Weddings much because I got into a long battle over the proper etiquette of using the Honeyfund (http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/348621/gift-registry#latest). 

I'm okay with someone disagreeing with me. I don't expect to agree with everyone I meet or hear. However, I feel it is disrespectful to bully people into your own ideas. Unfortunatelly, with the anonymity of the internet, people can bully, judge, and ridicule others simply because they aren't doing the "right" thing.

Interestingly, I have Four Weddings playing in the background (I'm having a sick day) and I see the same behavior. Brides judging other brides for not having the right dress, the right food, or the right guests. 

@ Dougie - yessuh, yessuh I'm sure there are several proper and acceptable forms of the swoon, but between the feverish forehead, the fiddle dee dee and the fallout, Miss Scarlett's drama queen is just not to be outdone for my tastes.   Ahhhh, it's a lost art, that.

I peeked in at the honeyfund kerfuffle.  Not too bad considering.  The lady at the end was about to go into full on litigation mode but she couldn't find the posts she wanted to get you together with.  

This here:

I'm okay with someone disagreeing with me. I don't expect to agree with everyone I meet or hear. However, I feel it is disrespectful to bully people into your own ideas

is where it gets weird.  somebody with whom you have at least one thing in common is asking for your opinion, state it (or not) then move on.  Like in the history of ever, how many times has the "well bitch, you asked and I'm telling you, don't get pissy because you don't agree with my answer" method of communication worked?  If you continue arguing with somebody you think is a fucking idiot, doesn't that make you a co-fucking idiot?   Oy, my headache says I've already given this too much thought but overall, it's Kardashianesque, it only survives because people keep engaging.  This bullying shit is for real and I've watched too many people on these boards who came here for support get run off by random who require anonymity to speak their minds and have no problem disregarding basic human decency because this is the only place in their lives they are relevant.   If you allow yourselves to be affected by that, the fucktards win.  Don't do it.

I can only watch 4 weddings with an obnoxious amount of Moscato on hand.  I do love the editing though, one chick is like OMG, I would NEVER have a friggin ice sculpture at my wedding, they're weird and tacky, next scene is bride #2's intro:  my fiancé and I will be making our own ice sculptures for our guests to enjoy.  bwahahahahahaha  Brava TLC's editing room, carry on. 

Late for a date with a chicken taco! bye loves!  :)

• Thanks for the input ladies. You all had me laughing so hard
  • Tchavon1984 girl just stay on over here with us...I promise you will build surprisingly long lasting relationships with some women/men here! We are a ball of fun! Ignore them heauxs cause they have nothing better to do than to sit up and talking wedding shyt all damn day...Part of me wants to see some of their recaps because I am sure some of their ideas turned out to be hot azz messes! 

Le sigh..just stay here in AfricAmerica!
  • "The wedding is not about you, it's about your guest" Where they do that at?? It was most certainly about Me & Him.... LOL.... PLEASE.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thats what I said. So bcuz I cant go a day without getting slick out the mouth I said " so on the invitation is it gonna say you are marrying all ur guests. Are you gonna get a ring from every single person attending and most importantly how many of them are paying for that wedding?"
  • Soo glad other people feel this way. I got yelled at over on the wedding party board, and then called selfish and immature because I really didn't care about those "ladies" opinions.
  • I've been called all the above... i made a joke about my family not helping just standing there picking their nose. This heffa came out of left field taking it personal like she was apart of my family. I was all types of rude and mean. I feel sorry for these chicks husbands and finances
  • *waves* Hey Sultry These folks on the knot are worse than fb I pretty much stay over here for the most part
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I can handle them. Im just not trying to become an internet thug on they ass cuz if I could jump in my car and knock these bitches in their hands and mouth with the same computer They use to talk so much shit I would. Lol
    File:I Love You, I Love You, I Love You!!!.gif

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • LOLOL @ vonnie girl that's the magic phrase!!! Wunna then heffas just won a hundred dollars because you said I feel sorry for these chicks husbands!! Lol!! Theyre standing around their cauldron right now giggling their asses off. Ahhh, good times.

@{waves @ vee} hey Miss said yes to the dress!! Lol guh dont raise my pressure, hear? Bravery behind a keyboard indeed, meet me at the allwood stop n shop at 6 o'clock muffucah.
  • Lmao yall are a trip
  • SenecafSenecaf member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2013
    This is hilarious. I be all up in the other boards. Putting my 2 cents here n there. I really feel like most of them are here to save people from themselves. They are going to save the world from cash bars dammit, watch 'em! Eta:my problem is not what they say, but how. Heck I agree with most of that etiquette shit but sure don't need to degrade another woman over her choices. My people are different than theirs and most of the "issues" are really not that big of a deal
  • Senecaf said:
    This is hilarious. I be all up in the other boards. Putting my 2 cents here n there. I really feel like most of them are here to save people from themselves. They are going to save the world from cash bars dammit, watch 'em! Eta:my problem is not what they say, but how. Heck I agree with most of that etiquette shit but sure don't need to degrade another woman over her choices. My people are different than theirs and most of the "issues" are really not that big of a deal

::ringing phone::
    Sen:  hello?
    other party: Hi may I speak to Sen please?
    Sen:  yes, this is she
    other party:  This is the Bottom. Damn. Line. calling, I just wanted to say hi five guh.
    Sen: lol. 
    ::click:

• Senecaf said:

::ringing phone::
    Sen:  hello?
    other party: Hi may I speak to Sen please?
    Sen:  yes, this is she
    other party:  This is the Bottom. Damn. Line. calling, I just wanted to say hi five guh.
    Sen: lol. 
    ::click:

• Guurrrrlllllll..... tell them bitches to have many seats..... Please and Thank you... then twirl on out!!!! Your wedding, your choices...... They can kick rocks.... on a beach...... in flip flops!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • See these are the same chicks over on the best talking about my husband is cheating on me and they ain't been married a year.... Don't get me started lol I need them gif lol
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Its like bitch you are married now! Shouldn't you be with your husband instead of on TK 12 hrs of the day trying to play life coach. They talkin bout your husband's cheating. They might want to step back from their devices and check on what theirs are doing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards