Not Engaged Yet

Friday Love

We like to list our irritations and grievances on here a lot - but since Christmas is right around the corner, let's talk about good things and what we're LOVING right now!

- I am loving that I can still get pumpkin coffee from Dunkin. 
- I am loving that I will be in Boston snuggling @livleighton a week from now.
- I have been loving giving people little gifts that make them smile. 
- I am LOVING that this is my last day of work until Jan. 2!! I love my job, but I really need a break :)

You go!

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Friday Love

• -I am loving that my evil editor/boss is gone.
    -I am loving that I get to see FI tonight and that he gets to participate in some of my family Christmas traditions.
    -I am loving that I only work 3 days next week.
    -I am loving that my work mom gave me a box of yogurt covered pretzels.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have a lot to be thankful for / loving right now. 

Love that I'm all but done with grad school! 
    Love that DH and I aren't traveling for the holidays (we miss our families, but the stress would be too much)
    Love the exciting new life that is awaiting us!
    Loving that I get to see my BFF soon (maybe today!)
  • today is also my last day of work until Jan. 2!! 

I love that both dogs cuddle me every night when we are going to sleep.
    I love that I have kept up with my "work out every day until the end of the year" pact I made for myself before Thanksgiving, except for one day when my PMDD was out of control. 
    I love all the sparkly lights put up for the holidays.

• <3

I love that I got invited to a work holiday party this year. I feel loved.
    I love that H is so hot. I will surely cry to myself when he decides to shave his beard. I've become so attached.
    I love that I have you girls to talk to and hang with. <3
    I love that I finally have curbed my excessive hunger/snacking habits for the time being.
    I love that I am going to buy ingredients to make cookies this week. I love that I have @Hummingbird125's recipe for red velvet cake cookies.

• I have to admit this has been a rough week for me and I pretty much feel like this today:

But here goes nothing:

-I love that I get to spend a few days with my mom after Christmas next week. I haven't seen her in almost 2 months and I miss her a lot. 
    -I love that I decorated my little mini Christmas tree last night and it looks pretty. 
    -I love that Hailey loves her cat tree and she sleeps in the little house all. the. time. 
    -I love how excited Lucy was when her first month of BarkBox came yesterday. She looked like me when my GlamBag arrives except even more excited. 

• Unfortunately today is not my last day of work until Dec. 24th but I'm in a loving mood anyways.

I love that my photographer just sent in all our wedding photos today and I can't wait to upload them all to my computer!

I love thinking about how @lmhollister is engaged and looking at wedding venues. It makes me so excited.

I love that H is on break and can relax and enjoy himself. He has been sick for the past week and needs to get better anyways.

I love that my new job seems like something I'm going to enjoy and I can't wait until I get the hang of things.

• edited December 2013
    - I love that I get a few days off work!
    - I love that I get to give all the gifts in just a few days.
    - I love (well, love isn't the right word, but it's definitely good) that BF and I have been having some good conversations over the last several days. I think we can sort out our issues, but it will take time and work. I also love that he is reassuring me I won't be the only one doing the work (it's been an issue in the past).
    - I love that BF and I get to spend Christmas together this year without missing celebrations with either of our families.
  • I love that I'm engaged and @buddysmom80 is engaged! So much fun and excitement in such a short period of time!

I love that I got to surprise my parents, my sisters, and my friends this week with  news of our engagement. Keeping quiet about it has been VERY hard but it's worth it to be able to tell them each in person and see the reaction on their face. At least after tomorrow I should get to announce to the general public and my friends can squee all over the internetz.

I love that next week is Christmas and I get to give everyone their amazing gifts! I know my mom is going to absolutely love her new digital camera.

• I love my job

I love that Christmas is just a few days away and I have a few days off for family and friends.

I love the gifts I got everyone this year and can't wait to see their reactions

I love that the weather this weekend is supposed to be really nice.

Anniversary

• - I love that today is my last day of desk job work until Dec 26

- I love that I decided to come back to NEY today

- I love that today is the December birthday "celebration" at work, so at 1:30 I will have cake.

- I love that I am almost done with the crochet blanket I started in June for my parents. (I got sidetracked!)

- I love that in 2014 I will start grad school and a new job

- I love that @Kait mentioned yogurt pretzels because it reminded me I have some in my desk. SNACK ATTACK!

• smalfrie19smalfrie19 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2013

I love that

-we got our first PNW snow

-I made it in to work safely in said snow

-its BLUE FRIDAY

-its almost Christmas

-there were doughnuts in the break room this AM (and I love our VP's for bringing them)

Anniversary
  • smalfrie19smalfrie19 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2013
    duplicate
    Anniversary
  • I LOVE Caramel Apple Spices.

I LOVE dressing up for work.

I love that in less than 7 hours, I will be done with work until the 27th…at which point, I'll be working from home until the 3rd.  :)

I LOVE the dress I wore to my company Christmas party last night, and I'm glad I was able to snap a picture of me and DH in it.  :D

I LOVE youbitches.  You make my life so happy.

I LOVE my boss.  On top of a Christmas bonus, he also gave me a bottle of Veuve Cliquot, Michael Kors leather gloves, and fancy French chocolate.  I'm starting to think that he's the best boss I've ever had.
    • I am loving these pine nuts that BF's mom sent us.
    • I am loving that I have enough money for gas for the next week or so.
    • I am loving the fact that I have gas rewards for Chevron.
    • I am loving the hummus I have in my fridge.
    • I am loving my BF, even if he's starting to sleep all day.
    • I am loving the fact that my promotion is official, but doesn't start until the 30th because it's going to be insanely busy at work.
    • I am loving the fact that our cupboards are full of food once more, even if it did cost me an arm and a leg that I wasn't supposed to spend.
    • I am loving the new work shirts we got that have our name on the back along with our store number.
    • I am loving my job.
  • - I LOVE that I get to go out for HH with my old roommate later, that BF is meeting me there, AND that he wore the shirt I wanted him to wear which makes him look super hot.

- I LOVE that I am finally getting my hair highlighted tomorrow and that I will feel pretty and be bright blonde once again, and just in time for Xmas/NYE.

- I LOVE that I have dinner plans with an old coworker on Monday night, I cannot wait to see her and eat yummy Thai food.

- I LOVE that I should be able to send out a big Etsy order today and collect a much-needed payment.

- I LOVE the fact that I already bought our tickets to go see American Hustle at Alamo Drafthouse on Xmas Eve, and we got the best seats in the house.

- I LOVE that my mom is having Xmas at her house this year so that me, BF, and the pup can drive out to LI and then just hang out at "my house" for the next two days, instead of driving out to my uncle's.

- I LOVE that all my old barn friends are coming over for brunch the day after Xmas, and that BF will finally get to meet them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am loving...

• all the baby name love everyone is giving me
    • all the baby kicks and rolls little Narwhal keeps sharing with me
    • all the excitement for christmas day
    • that my dad has been very loving this last week (I was super worried about christmas this year with how he's been acting towards me)
    • that Callie bug is going to her forever home in just 2 days!!
    • that I get to see some of my favorite people in just a few weeks!!!!!!!
    • that I get to drink all of @swazzle's OJ while she drinks all of my wine/champagne
    • that Bean loves texting his aunties <3

I could keep going, because today I'm a ball of love instead of rage...

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• I am loving...

• that my dad has been very loving this last week (I was super worried about christmas this year with how he's been acting towards me)
    • that I get to drink all of @swazzle's OJ while she drinks all of my wine/champagne

I LOVE THIS SO HARD.

• Swazzle said:

I am loving...

I LOVE THIS SO HARD.

I love it too! Maybe not as hard as you since you get to have all the delicious booze and I just get to watch you...BUT WE GET TO SEE EACH OTHER!!! So that makes up for the boozeless brunch I'll be having lol
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• -I love the fact that in THREE WEEKS I get to see my DC ladies with @swazzle!!!!!!

-I love the fact that FI and I sat down and not only did a wedding budget but also a household budget/plan to pay off his CCs ASAP. We were adulting hard-core last night.

-I love that my wedding budget expectations are no where near the reality (in a good way)

-I love all you ladies (duhhhh, of course I do!)

-I love that they're selling Twinkies in the vending machine

-I love that I'm hopefully getting an iPhone today (with my luck they won't be in stock, keep your fingers crossed ladies!)

-I love lamp

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I love that my family got our Christmas tree this morning
    I love that I got to hang out with my BFF for the first time in a year last night!
    I love that my friend's mom's experimental cancer treatment has starting working!
    I love that I get a month long break from dealing with students
    I love that I have a month with nothing to worry about except my thesis
    I love all of you ladies for keeping me sane while I wait for BF to propose

• -I love that @BriSox81 created this thread, because I am the Grinch today and needed a reminder to look on the happy side.
    -I love that @lmhollister and @buddysmom80 are engaged and both got super-sparkly and pretty ponies to show off to everybody!
    -I love that...the holidays are almost over. And that's all I'm gonna say about that.
    -I love reconnecting with old friends and the excitement of making new ones.
    -I love that I'm working the reception desk this weekend at work and thus will have time to DIY whatever Christmas gifts I need to.
    -I love that I'm single right now. (Well, sometimes I don't, I'm not gonna lie.) But I love that I have this chance to rely on myself and remember that I'm pretty cool and capable all by myself.
    -I love my puppy. She is the definition of joy.
    -I love the ladies of NEY because you are all beautiful, smart, sassy, fun, and amazing.
    -I love that I get to look forward to the day when I can give school and living at home the finger, get my own place and a big-girl job, and really be in charge of my own life. That is sometimes all that keeps me going.
  • - I love that I get to hang out with multiple sets of friends this weekend, some that I haven't hung out with since I graduated high school.
    - I love that I'm not going to the wedding BF is going to this weekend. His family (4 people), his grandparents (2 people) and his aunt are all staying in a one bedroom cabin. Whoever thought that was a good idea needs their head checked.
    - I love that I'm going to miss all the drama associated with that wedding. Apparently the bride and the mother of the groom hate each other, and it's caused a bunch of drama. Also, it seems like it might be an etiquette nightmare (which I am suddenly aware of and majorly bothered by since joining TK).
    - I love that I baked a delicious cake and get to eat most of it over the holidays. Well, my taste buds love it, but my body's fatness does not.
    - I love that all these NEY ladies are getting good news (new jobs, new engagements, new babies, ect)!

• @FoxandBunny - Why on earth does BF's family think those arrangements are going to work?! 6 people in a one bedroom cabin? I'd be happy to miss that adventure too!

• FoxandBunnyFoxandBunny member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    @bethsmiles - I have no idea. It's 7 people, so that makes it even worse. BF took his sleeping bag/camping stuff because there was no way he wasn't going to be sleeping on the floor or outside. Yeah, I'm glad I'm not there. 

Plus, there is apparently about 10 times more drama that I thought, which BF is finding out about now that he is actually at the wedding location. He promised to give me the story once he gets back because he couldn't tell me on the phone, and I really hope he does. He said it would annoy me and make me mad, so it seems like this is turning out to be an etiquette nightmare.

Edited for paragraphs.

• @FoxandBunny - Sounds like you dodged a bullet! I feel bad for your BF though! Drama filled weddings are never fun

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards