Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

What are your cute personal vows?

2»

Re: What are your cute personal vows?

• Options
    TynKelli said:
    I haven't decided if we are going to write our own vows or not.  If we do, I was going to write why I fell in love with him.  My only problem is that I would probably cry while reading them so it might not go well!  LOL.  I love hearing his heart beat as I am laying on his chest, his kisses on my head while we are snuggling, how he protects and guides me through difficult times, supports me in my decisions, loves me unconditionally, how he says I love you or calls me his girl, etc..... 

You do what you and your DF feel is right.  This is your wedding.  If it means something special to you then go for it!  :)

These are not vows or promises-just descriptions.  Depending on the circumstances of the wedding (Is it in a legal jurisdiction that requires a declaration of intent?  Is it in a house of worship with a fixed ceremony?) then being "cute" and not making your vows fit the required format may invalidate them legally or religiously as "a wedding."  They would just be declarations of love.  So, while the declarations of love are not necessarily out of place, make sure the legal/religious requirements are attended to and make that top priority.  Once you've done that, you can be as "you" in whatever you are going to say as you like.
  • Options
    Here's hoping this will help: 

While my fiance and I will be exchanging more traditional vows, we still recognize that there will be people witnessing our ceremony who don't know one (or perhaps even both of us) terribly well. A cousin of mine was recently married to a man whom I didn't like until her wedding day when the officiant shared some of their own words about what they loved in each other. Suddenly, I felt more comfortable; he was going to be good for her and care for her in a way that I hadn't been privileged enough to see. It doesn't matter whether I liked him -- it only matters that they are good for and to each other, but it was the first time I actually knew that to be the case.

In light of this, our ceremony (which I've compiled myself, borrowing heavily from some amazing people out there who have publicly shared really touching services) is going to include a moment just before the vows where we get to share a few special words to each other in front of our community. It will only be a minute-long each, and is set up in two sections: "What I love about you..." and "What I love about us..." Humor can bring sincere and honest joy when it is done right, and I think it's nice when a couple shows they can be lighthearted together or bring lightheartedness to each other. Unfortunately, I don't have a fabulous sense of humor...but surely someone can do this really well! 

Then happy I, that love and am beloved 
    Where I may not remove nor be removed.

--William Shakespeare (Sonnet 25)

• Options
    Well don't know if it's cute but we met when he stepped on my foot on the subway. So when he breaks the glass ( Jewish ceremony) I will take a step back
    Is the whole ceremony Jewish, or just the breaking the glass?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards