Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Need non-cheesy father/daughter dance song

2»

Re: Need non-cheesy father/daughter dance song

• We finally decided tonight! Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffett. We are very non-sappy people. Buffett has always been his favorite and we listened to him together for as long as I can remember. It will actually be meaningful and special to us even if everyone else thinks we're weirdos :)

My advice, stop looking for the songs that fit what everyone else thinks a father-daughter dance song should be and look for something that has lots of meaning to the 2 of you and you might have better luck.
     Visit The Knot!                                           image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So not to be too cheesy but there's "Tough Little Boys" "Because you loved me" (I'm surprising my mom with that and dancing with her) My dad passed when I was 16, we would have used Wind Beneath my Wings because it was our song (totally cheesy but sweet) I' m dancing with my Godfather to "You've got a Friend in Me" from Toy Story. I loved "Stand by you" the Rod Stewart version. 
    It should mean something to you guys. If there was a song that you sang together when you were younger, that would be good. "Just the way you are" Billy Joel is good too.
  • OMG listening to Edwin McCann-walk with you..tears are rolling down my face. I've never heard of this song before.
  • I am thinking of using Delaney talks to statues, it describes are relationship so well. It's not a super sappy one, I would rather have fun with him
  • slgirl21 said:
    OMG listening to Edwin McCann-walk with you..tears are rolling down my face. I've never heard of this song before.
    Me either and the tears are just coming.  Jesus, some of these songs need warnings! Ha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards