Not Engaged Yet

Weekend

2»

Re: Weekend

• phira said:
    My partner says he cannot talk to his brother about this, and I mostly understand. We're going back to our therapist to try to figure out some solutions so we can handle her better as a team. If she takes another shit on our wedding, I honestly might get nasty, though. Her wedding was AWFUL; it was a huge etiquette hot mess, and even if it hadn't been, it still wouldn't have been any fun to attend. Maybe next time she comments on how terrible our wedding sounds, in that obnoxiously backhanded "not REALLY overtly rude" way, I'll just say, "Well, I'd rather make my own paper flowers than tell my guests they have to bring them," and then saunter away like a badass.
    @phira - I am in total support of you doing the bolded. It may not be the most polite way of handling it, but after how she treated you (and I'm sure will keep treating you) I say go for it. Then take a picture of her shocked face and post it for our enjoyment.

My weekend was OK. BF was at a wedding all weekend, so I took the time without him to have multiple girls nights. I hung out and went shopping with my good friend Friday night (which included ring browsing because she had to help her father find a present for her mom in a nice jewelry store), and then Saturday night I got back together with my best friends from high school. I haven't really talked with them much since we graduated, so it was really nice. BF kept texting me though and getting pouty about me not paying attention to him, so that wasn't fun to deal with. All other time on those days were devoted to reading my crapload of stuff that I have to read before I go to London.

Sunday I went to church with my parents (I hate going to church, especially the 8 am service) and then went to lunch. That afternoon I napped and rested, and then that night I went over to BF's because his 4 year old cousin had been bugging him all day about wanting to play with me, so I went over to play. It was also BF and my's last chance to have alone time before I go to London because of all the family stuff planned for this week. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @peaseblossom55 that's awesome!!!!!! What a wonderful gift!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @LivLeighton That's so terrible (re: sushi)! When we go out with friends the ONLY time we split the bill 50/50 rather than by line item ordered is when we are doing some sort of sharing style of eating...like tapas or dim sum or Korean BBQ or something. I can't believe B's friend just basically made you subsidize his dinner bill! I probably would have said something... Also in regards to B's aunt...wtf? Is she loopy? I don't know what I'd do if one of my family members (or FI's for that matter) said something like that to me...probably just stand there with my mouth open catching flies.

• @buddysmom80 I've had shallac done a couple of times and though it's never lasted the full 2 weeks, it's always lasted over a week!  I would be mad too!!

@livleighton a $200 dinner??  Didn't they see you guys hardly ordering anything while it sounds like they were going crazy on the menu?  I guess it's just money and it'll grow back on that money tree (too bad that's really not the case).

@Peaseblossom55 - Hope you feel better.  That is a great present!  I know one year my brother and I bought my parents a new couch, we showed up the day it was being delivered and my mom was like 'wow it's weird to have you both here' and then we had to break the news to her to clean out a spot for a couch.  

@phira - WOW - how does anybody deal with this girl?

Friday - Bad day, I lost my fitbit thing.  FI and I got into a small little arguement about his bad driving, I tried to log into work to finish up what I needed to and couldn't get in.

Saturday - Came into work because I couldn't log in.  Went out and took care of a bunch of things that FI and I needed to take care of (just general running around).

Sunday - I did laundry.  I ended up ordering a new camera!!  

Monday/Today - I called my venue choice and they said that my location should still be available and I can book it on Jan 2nd!  I've got this week to double check with everybody to make sure they're still onboard with a destination wedding!

Anniversary
  • @dignity100 thanks I hope to feel better to enjoy Christmas. I can't wait to get home and rest. 

Anniversary

• @LivLeighton Feel free to steal it! I wish we had come up with it before last night because I could have really used it all afternoon.

@Dignity100 They DON'T deal with her! I do mostly get why--the two of them were high school sweethearts, so they've been together for 8 years. They're really wrong for each other, and she's got serious anxiety and social issues. In the past, when my partner or anyone in his family has tried to talk to his brother about how she treats other people (and how she treats HIM!), he gets very upset and isolates himself from his family. So the way the whole family deals with it is that they just try to be super patient when they have to be, and ignore her when they can. 

I definitely do NOT do that. When people treat me like crap, I confront them, and if things don't change, I make it a point to not spend time with them. It's very hard to deal with this situation because my partner feels like that means I won't come to family stuff if she's there (which ... MAYBE THAT'S OKAY), and he is desperate to see his brother often, and they're a packaged deal. And he says that everyone has confronted her at some point and it's just made everything worse.

At this point, I feel like ... worse for WHO? I think I'd feel better if I didn't have to deal with trying to be nice to her. I think I'd feel better if my partner stood up for me.

Either way, I am VERY stressed out that I'm on medication that prevents me from having more than 1 alcoholic beverage a night. Two more days of her, and I might say fuck everything and risk my liver.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @LivLeighton, oy vey. At least now y'all know what to expect and to be on the watch for her. Just makes no sense.

As for $200 on dinner...girl. Do NOT feel like a financial failure. That is a bit much (or maybe a lot much) for a meal, and if that's how they would like to spend their money, fine and wonderful for them. But you have other stuff in life, and it wasn't fair of them to ask you to make up the difference for them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards