Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Silly Tablecloth Question - Opinions wanted

Rebl90Rebl90 member
First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
edited December 2013 in Wedding Reception Forum
So this may be the silliest thing I've posted on here, but my mother and I have hit a tiny snag in the planning process. We met with the rental company that is supplying the linens and they asked me what length we wanted for the tablecloths.  I asked my Coordinator and FI for input and both have expressed that it doesn't truly matter, but instead think I should go with what I prefer. The company offers the traditional 1/2, 3/4, or full length, and the full looks lovely but cost-wise is a tad unreasonable to me (we're doing a budget wedding, under $10,000). So my question, what do you all think of the 3/4 length at an evening wedding? It will be outdoors in a garden setting, full buffet dinner. I feel so stinking silly for spending more than 5 minutes thinking about this, but apparently something matters to me!

Edited: forgot a 0.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Silly Tablecloth Question - Opinions wanted

• Options
    I think 3/4 is perfectly fine. If that's the difference between that and say an extra appetizer, the app completely wins. 
  • Options
    Great point @Misssunshine, I would definitely use the money for more food, more fabric is way less tasty!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MrsDeRuyter87MrsDeRuyter87 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2013
    since its a garden setting and not, let's say, a ballroom or country club etc. I don't see a problem with 3/4.
  • Options
    since its a garden setting and not, let's say, a ballroom or country club etc. I don't see a problem with 3/4.
    I agree with this. If it were in a ballroom I would definitely say full length, but I think outside in a garden it would look really pretty with 3/4.
  • Options
    This was my initial thought, but I wasn't sure if it was just trying to justify saving money :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards