Getting in Shape
Options

Workout ideas?

I sit in an office 8 hours a day watching cameras. Any ideas as to what I can do for workouts while in the office?

Re: Workout ideas?

• Options
    My mom always talks about how she "walks the stairs" during her breaks.  She literally will just walk up and down the stairs in her office building for 15-20 minutes.  Sounds silly, but it's really worked for her to get some exercise into her long days.  Maybe getting weights to put on your ankles and doing some leg lifts under your desk?

Good luck! =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

@dpelkey724

I like the idea of stair walks. We don't really get breaks though so maybe I could try doing 1 or 2 laps (we have 3 sets of stairs outside of my office) every hour or so

• Options
    What about sitting on an exercise ball?  this requires you to keep your core tight and strengthens many of the smaller muscles in your back and abdomen.  You could also do bicep curls and tricep dips. 
  • Options
    What about sitting on an exercise ball?  this requires you to keep your core tight and strengthens many of the smaller muscles in your back and abdomen.  You could also do bicep curls and tricep dips. 
    @freebread03

I am not allowed to sit on an exercise ball while at work. The other ideas might work
  • Options
    Can you do push ups, sit ups, tricep dips, etc. while you're sitting at your desk? These aren't cardio, but they will help you tone up. Pretty much any exercise that uses your own body weight for resistance. You could do them in small intervals throughout the day. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards