May 2014 Weddings

First Dance Song??

2»

Re: First Dance Song??

• So after thinking about it, I have come to a different idea. 

Walking down the isle: Thousand Years by The Piano Guys.  I love the Christina Perri version, I just hate that it was used in twilight and I feel like if I played her version everyone would think I'm a twilight person which is not something I am or ever will be.

Me too! I love this version and I too didn't want people to think of twilight. I think this will now be one of those "shit, what song is that... I know it and I love it but what is it from" without the lyrics... and I am fine with that. :)

Our first dance will be to David Gray's - this years love ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zN4_7hq77g )
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @kristen625. We found our song over this weekend. We decided to go with I Need You by Faith Hill and Tim McGraw. It's still a country sing but it's way more my styl;e. We're going with the acoustic version so just the guitar for background. Way more personal and prettier sounding
  • Our first dance song is "Marry Me" by Train.. He also proposed with that song so its pretty special to both of us :) we're going to take dance lessons as well and do a waltz. 

I have yet to figure out ceremony music - LOVE the piano guys! but a good friend used their Thousand Years just recently so not sure I want to copy her. I keep listening to different movie soundtracks - love some of the music from Pride & Prejudice and P.S. I Love You but nothing has really struck me as the perfect song to walk down the aisle to :/
  • @dluberts I'm glad you guys came to an agreement on something that you will both love and cherish for years :)

@akopitzke, I LOVE the music from Pride & Prejudice (I'm assuming you are talking about the Kira Knightly version).  Also, look on youtube and just search by The Piano Guys and you can see what they also cover, and maybe something will pop for you! :)
    Anniversary
  • We are dancing to I'll Be (:
  • @Kristen625 I've heard lots of the Piano Guys stuff. My brother is a huge fan. And they have a lot that is really pretty - love the Bruno Mars cover Just the Way You Are! They are so talented!
  • @akopitzke I LOVE that song.  The Bruno Mars version of that song will have to be played at our wedding for sure.
    Anniversary
  • We will be dancing to Hunter Hayes "Wanted" :) Such a beautiful song and definitely our favorite! My 2nd pick was Train "Marry Me" I love that one too
  • @Megsters03-both awesome songs!! Love it
  • I am walking down the aisle to a song called Feels Like Home by Chantal Kreviazuk. If you haven't heard it, look it up and listen to it. It is absolutely beautiful. When I played it for the first time, I cried. Then I sent it to my bridesmaids to get their opinion and they all cried. Maybe because the words Fit me so perfectly. I am editing out the first half of the second verse, but other than that, it's perfect. First dance......... Well, I had picked Annies song because I think it's beautiful and FI is a big John Denver fan. But, when we started dance lessons, instructor told us it was a Viennese waltz. I'm pretty sure we won't be up to that by May! He played a song for us so we could at least practice to it. It's called Years From Now by Don Williams. I don't really want a country song but the words are beautiful and it's a perfect waltz, which is what we are learning so that may end up being the one. Father daughter dance is easy- Daddys Little Girl. May be over done but I use to play it on the piano when I was little. Learned it just because of the title.
  • I'm going old school  - Jim Croce, I'll Have to Say I love You In a Song
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards