Indiana

NWI venue that allows outside catering

Hi I'm looking for a NICE venue that allows outside catering aroung the Valparaiso area. Thanks in advance!

Re: NWI venue that allows outside catering

• The Hobart Community Center is beautiful!  They let you bring your own food and alcohol (beer and wine only though).  It is right on Lake George and has big beautiful windows and an outdoor patio.  The ONLY reason I am not using it is because it would fit just over 100 people. I don't remember exactly what the max was (125 or maybe 150), but once you add in a small dance floor, space for the cake, etc, that number dwindles. I even (jokingly of course) suggested that we have two receptions and just use the same space twice so we can have it there. There is a full service kitchen available on site as well. 

Others that come to mind is Krueger Memorial Hall in Michigan City and Butterfield Family Pavillion in Valparaiso.  Both are more "rustic" but are bigger. 
  • This is way late, but the Courthouse in Crown Point allows outside caterers and is gorgeous!
  • What about the alcohol for the courthouse?
  • Thank you for your input!
  • I would like a place bigger. I want to stay within budget but allow for a bigger reception.
  • Butterfield Family Pavillion is in Valpo, holds 200+ people and you can bring your own alcohol and catering. i think its fairly cheap to rent also and includes tables and chairs! definitely check it out!
  • Hey ssilasa - I just posted about the Crown Point Courthouse.  We originally had it scheduled for August 16 but are doing something much smaller now.  The courthouse fits up to 200 people and has a really cool "bar room".  Beautiful location.  You can bring in your own alcohol as long as it is served by a licensed bartender (usually a caterer can provide one).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards