Wedding Reception Forum

The entrance

We are  not having a bridal party, however i am planning on announcing his gram , mother, sister and my brothers, sisters and then are kids, ring barrier , flower girl. I have a few questions. My parents have both passed away, my aunt and uncle are standing in for them. does it sound right to say "standing in as the parents of the bride " ?? Also do I announce people like my brothers wife, my sisters boyfriend, with them or do I leave them out. Wedding date June21,2014, doing a lot of planning today may have a lot of questions. 

Re: The entrance

• Honestly, I wouldn't announce anyone.  If you want to thank them them in a "brief" toast, I think that would be more appropriate.  

I'm not sure I understand how your aunt and uncle are standing in for your parents.  Regardless, I would never mention they are "standing is as your parents"....it sounds very strange.
  • im not understanding you fully, so we just walk in to the reception unnounced ? my uncle is giving me away, when my parents passed  they took over the role. 
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2013
    Do you mean "announcing them" as they enter, or simply "introducing them" at their seats?  I think the first is a bad idea.
    Who is acting as host?  Are you hosting your own wedding?  If so, You can introduce people as part of your welcome speech, but this is not necessary.  The reception is simply a party to thank your guests for attending your ceremony.  It is for them, not for you.
    No one "stands in" for your parents.
    Since you have no bridal party (which is fine!) you can either be announced as you enter, or enter quietly.  People will notice when the bride and groom come into the room.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • im not understanding you fully, so we just walk in to the reception unnounced ? my uncle is giving me away, when my parents passed  they took over the role. 
    If you want to be announced, the DJ/MC can announce you as you enter the reception room.  There is no need to announce all the members of your family as they walk in to the room though.
  • That sounds to me like too many people to be announced.

The only people I would announce are you and your FI.

Also, no should be "standing in" for your parents.  Your uncle can give you away in his own capacity, but he and your aunt are not "standing in" for your parents.
  • I would definetely skip introducing the family.  I personally detest long grand entrances.  I'm confused about why you are confused… yes, people can walk into a room unannounced…

I don't understand why they need to stand in for your parents either.  Your uncle will be your uncle giving you away and that's fine.
  • to many people ?  people announce wedding parties all the time, i just thought it would be nice seeing his family doesnt know mine and my family doesnt know his. i guess im not doing that, so just ring barrier, flower girl ?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards