Favors

LOVE our favors!

My FH and I ordered personalized stemless wine glasses thru favorfavor.com, and we LOVE them! I was so nervous that they would show up broken and/or cheap looking, but they are better than I had hoped, and they arrived 2 weeks earlier than they were originally supposed to. Just thought I would pass this info along if any of you are having trouble coming up with favor ideas. One more thing to check off our list!! :)

Re: LOVE our favors!

• Personalized how?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I hope by personalized you mean your guest's name. However, I'm not one to ever take a favor that is personalized to the bride and groom.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CrystaH11 said:
    I hope by personalized you mean your guest's name. However, I'm not one to ever take a favor that is personalized to the bride and groom.
    Exactly. I also don't really have a use for ONE random wine glass that doesn't match anything else. OP, I know you're excited, but you're likely to have a lot of these left over. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Where I'm from the favor is personalized to the bride and groom almost 100% of the time....and everyone still takes them/enjoys them! The idea is that the favor is to remind you of their wedding/marriage. Also if there are favors left over its no big deal at all because the bride and groom can use them at their home. I think they are a lovely idea :)
  • jpfaff92 said:
    Where I'm from the favor is personalized to the bride and groom almost 100% of the time....and everyone still takes them/enjoys them! The idea is that the favor is to remind you of their wedding/marriage. Also if there are favors left over its no big deal at all because the bride and groom can use them at their home. I think they are a lovely idea :)
    These are common where I am from too. Shot glasses, picture frames, etc. I usually take one to be polite, but I throw it out as soon as I get home. Usually it's cheap, plastic crap or doesn't match anything I have. I'm not trying to be mean, but that's seriously what the vast majority of favors like this are. Take an anonymous poll - I guarantee 99% of people would take an edible favor or no favor over some personalized plastic thing.

I did get one personalized favor that I kept. It was a tin of mints that had the B&G's wedding date on it. I only kept it because what was inside the box was edible. 
    *********************************************************************************

• jpfaff92 said:
    Where I'm from the favor is personalized to the bride and groom almost 100% of the time....and everyone still takes them/enjoys them! The idea is that the favor is to remind you of their wedding/marriage. Also if there are favors left over its no big deal at all because the bride and groom can use them at their home. I think they are a lovely idea :)
    Yeah, I take it, say thanks and how cute it is.  Those ALWAYS go straight into my garbage.  I don't want anything that collects dust or has someone else's name and date on it.
  • Well, good thing you aren't coming, right? ;)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

My family owns a winery, and his side of the family enjoy their as well, so it is kind of a running theme. We met years ago while bartending together, and only the closest of our friends (who incidentally happened to work at the bar with us) are going. So maybe they wouldn't be a good for you, but for our family/friends it is perfectly fitting! Oh yeah, and we are getting married at a winery (go figure)! :D

Note: I will add; it is not our business or concern what our guests do with their favors. While we our hope that they would be used, etiquette dictates that once a gift if given, it is up to the recipient to do with it as they please. So if our guest want to use the glasses, break them, throw them away, or take them out to the woods and shoot them, that is their prerogative.

Hope you all have Happy Holidays!

• Whoa, I have no idea what happened there... Stupid computer...?! Lol

My family owns a winery, and his side of the family enjoy their wine as well, so it is kind of a running theme. We met years ago while bartending together, and only the closest of our friends (who incidentally happened to work at the bar with us) are going. So maybe they wouldn't be a good for you, but for our family/friends it is perfectly fitting! Oh yeah, and we are getting married at a winery (go figure)! :D

Note: I will add; it is not our business or concern what our guests do with their favors. While we our hope that they would be used, etiquette dictates that once a gift if given, it is up to the recipient to do with it as they please. So if our guest want to use the glasses, break them, throw them away, or take them out to the woods and shoot them, that is their prerogative.

Hope you all have Happy Holidays!

• Miclan88 said:
    Geez, for all you posters so concerned with etiquette, you sure don't seem to have any manners at all. Ever heard the phrase "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all"? The OP is excited about her favors and it's so counterproductive to tear down her idea. How would you feel if a bunch of people started bashing things about your wedding? And i know you all will say "well this is a public forum, I can post what I want and if you don't like it too bad", but seriously have a little more tact when you post things.
    So you'd rather have people lie or just not say anything in order to make you feel good?  

If I had a crappy idea, didn't realize it and posted about it on a public forum to strangers, I'd sure as hell want them to tell me the truth!  They have no vested interest in my wedding, just unbiased opinions.  If strangers tell me my idea is crappy, I'd rework it and save myself embarrassment from my friends and family!

• Miclan88 said:

Geez, for all you posters so concerned with etiquette, you sure don't seem to have any manners at all. Ever heard the phrase "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all"? The OP is excited about her favors and it's so counterproductive to tear down her idea. How would you feel if a bunch of people started bashing things about your wedding? And i know you all will say "well this is a public forum, I can post what I want and if you don't like it too bad", but seriously have a little more tact when you post things.

**bangs head against wall**

We are basically telling her what the majority of her guests will be thinking.

And sorry but if I am going to give a gift I am going to give something that I think will be liked by the receiver not what I think is cute and will go with my wedding theme.

• You never specified how they were personalized. Personally, I would rather put the money towards something else if I believed my guests might throw them out.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• JoanE2012 said:
    Miclan88 said:
    So you'd rather have people lie or just not say anything in order to make you feel good?  

If I had a crappy idea, didn't realize it and posted about it on a public forum to strangers, I'd sure as hell want them to tell me the truth!  They have no vested interest in my wedding, just unbiased opinions.  If strangers tell me my idea is crappy, I'd rework it and save myself embarrassment from my friends and family!

If I already bought it and was happy with it, yes. There is no need to put her idea down. If she asked beforehand, maybe you could politely guide her away from it. However, no one on this forum does that. They jump down the OP's throat and gang up on her. Would you really talk to a person that way in real life? My suspicion is no, but you feel safe to do so since you hide behind a computer screen. I highly doubt she will be embarrassed by her family and friends over a favor. And if she does, they are snobby and stuck up and don't deserve to be a part of her wedding day.
  • Miclan88 said:
    JoanE2012 said:
    Miclan88 said:

If I already bought it and was happy with it, yes. There is no need to put her idea down. If she asked beforehand, maybe you could politely guide her away from it. However, no one on this forum does that. They jump down the OP's throat and gang up on her. Would you really talk to a person that way in real life? My suspicion is no, but you feel safe to do so since you hide behind a computer screen. I highly doubt she will be embarrassed by her family and friends over a favor. And if she does, they are snobby and stuck up and don't deserve to be a part of her wedding day.
    Sorry, I don't go around sugarcoating ideas or plans.  And the fact that I am a complete stranger behind a computer screen is EXACTLY the reason why my (and others) opinions should be taken for a little more than just words.   If it were friends and family, OF COURSE they're going to tell you it's a good idea!  

• That is absurd that you think you can be a mean girl because you don't have to actually face anyone. People aren't stupid, they can take hints without you being nasty about it. FYI the majority of people take your opinions more seriously if you sound genuine and helpful, which you clearly do not.
  • Miclan88 said:
    That is absurd that you think you can be a mean girl because you don't have to actually face anyone. People aren't stupid, they can take hints without you being nasty about it. FYI the majority of people take your opinions more seriously if you sound genuine and helpful, which you clearly do not.
    Before your initial comment that started this, I didn't see one mean comment.  Everyone was just being honest.  If you think honest = mean, then you'll be miserable here.  Have a splendid day!
  • I think they are a great idea. Most people that would be at my wedding are very close friends or family and wouldn't throw out something that reminded them of the special day they spent with us. Who wouldn't use a glass at home just because it doesn't match other glasses?  I think those are great favors and I would use the heck out of it.
  • My husband and I are wine drinkers (we also collect wine glasses/shot glasses from any place we travel) this would be a favor we would use or put up with the ones we've already collected :)
  • That sounds like a lovely idea. I was thinking about giving stemless wine glasses as well. As you said, a majority of your guests are wine lovers, so this seems like a great gift.
  • We have a variety of wine glasses that have been personalized and I LOVE them.  No, I don't put them out with my fine china in a mix and match fashion, but when we have people over (like this past New Years) it's fun to talk about where or who they came from.  And even more fun if I can give the couple a glass from their own event.  I will also admit though, I like to take 2 so I have a pair if others leave them. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards