Registry and Gift Forum
Options

What vacuum can you not live without?

My fiancee and I desperately need a good one so I'm researching what I should register for. 

Re: What vacuum can you not live without?

• Options
    I have the Dyson DC25 animal and I really like it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2013

I've heard great things about the Dyson Animal vacuums. I know a couple people that have it and they all says it's awesome. That's the one big item we registered for (depending on model, they run about $300-$500).
    Edited for stupid computer that didn't post my reply, just the quote. Grrr.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Sorry, double post. My computer is being stupid today.

• Options
    We have a Bissel Power Force Turbo (I think) and it is okay.  I would love to get a Dyson Pet though.
  • Options
    My dog doesn't shed a lot so it probably picks up more of my hair than hers, but it works really well. LOL The attachments are easy to use too and I like that it isn't real heavy.
  • Options
    I have this one two and love it. It sucks up my dogs hair like crazy!

• Options
    We got the dyson dc41 off the registry, but FI convinced me that a similar shark is just as good, and almost $300 cheaper. i've had both brands before and never had any problems with either. though, i think the suction is a bit stronger on the shark.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have a Dyson DC07 upright and a DC44 handheld.  The handheld is great on hard floors, dusting around baseboards, and small messes but kind of useless on carpet.  The upright is incredible on carpet.  I've had a Shark and a Bissel in the past and neither one held up very well - maybe a year each?  I've had the upright for 4+ years and it's a beast.  The thing that really impressed me most when I got the Dyson was I could run my old Bissel around my apartment like 4 times before the bin needed to be dumped.  The Dyson needed to be dumped about 3 times per usage AND had a much bigger bin.
  • Options
    I have a shark.  I love that thing, you can get it for sub-$300 at BBB with their coupons (the coupons don't work on the dyson) and they get better reviews than the dyson on Amazon.  Works for me.  And then if the thing dies after 3 or 4 years I will buy a new one.  What I didn't want was a vacuum that was so $$$ that if there was an issue I felt obligated to send it out for repairs.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got an Oreck canister and LOVE IT. I had a Dyson animal before and it was ok but I am not a big fan of bag-less because of my allergies and I personally prefer a canister vac. 
  • Options
    to those with a Dyson, on amazon.com I read reviews about parts of plastic falling off, did anyone experience this problem?
  • Options
    Shark > dyson. We got the shark rocket and its the bomb diggity! We have a shedding machine, aka fluffy puppy. It's fantastic!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    I hate to say something that is very expensive, but The Dyson animal ball.  I have a bad back and this vacuum is very lightweight. It seems like it is overboard, but when you can go from carpet to hardwood floors with no attachments and it picks EVERYTHING up, it is well worth the money.  I have had it for 5 years.  Best money ever spent, and nothing gets pet hair better out of the couch cushions. My FI thought I was nuts to spend so much on a vacuum cleaner, but even he who thinks a vacuum should never cost more then $65 dollars said it was the best money ever spent... That's saying something. Lol
  • Options

We just got this back in Dec.   So far we like it.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    We have a Eureka (not sure the model # or name - it's the yellow/gray one at Target, about $90) and love it.  The dream is either a Shark or Dyson... but we're going to keep this one until it dies!!
  • Options
    I told my mom I was thinking about the dyson based on the reviews and she actually flipped out saying she hated her dyson. Go figure. I guess we'll have to just look around and maybe buy something less expensive to start with....
  • Options
    We got a Shark because it had such positive reviews.  It seems to work well but I haven't used it enough to be an expert!  Our cleaning lady, on the other hand, has both Shark and Dyson and she says they are both great.
  • Options
    I have a Simplicity vacuum that is almost 10 years old and works like the day I bought it, even with daily use. It was expensive, almost $600, but after replacing vacuums every year because they were dead, this was a big purchase I don't regret.
  • Options
    Love my Dyson Animal. They last forever and are easy to clean
  • Options
    Is the Shark lighter than the Dyson? 

We went to BBB and tried lifting the Dyson and Miele upright vacuums.Both were SO heavy! I want a great vacuum, but am worried about dragging it up and down flights of stairs. 
  • Options
    I have the purple shark navigator so I can speak to that model.  It is super light and easy to push around or carry.  Plus it can detach into a canister which I find handy for doing the steps.
  • Options
    I use the little shark that does carpets and hardwood floors the most.  It was like $70 at BBB (plus minus the coupon, great deal!).  When I need to upgrade to a new big vacuum we are sticking with Shark for sure since we have been so impressed with the portable one. Right now we still use our vaccum we bought when first living together. It was a regular brand, on sale at target type--nothing major fancy and it has worked great for us and lasted for the price.  But we have not even used it since getting the portable shark!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards