Chit Chat
Options

What's your favorite on-screen dress?

I can't stop thinking about how gorgeous April's wedding gown was on Grey's Anatomy. Although I'm not a huge fan of the way the top looks separate from the bottom, the illusion neckline and the skirt look amazing. 

What wedding dresses have you seen on TV and/or film that you absolutely love? Post a pic!

image image

Re: What's your favorite on-screen dress?

• Options
    I loved Bella's. Also close to April's, I loved Princess/Duchess(??) Kathrine's
  • Options
    I hate tulle ballgowns for myself and went the total opposite direction but I love it on Kate Hudson in Bride Wars 

• Options
    I really liked Charlotte's second wedding dress in sex in the city
  • Options
    Allie's dress from The Notebook 
    Padme's wedding dress from Star Wars
    Lisa's dress from Coming to America
  • Options
    I love Lorelai's dress from Gilmore Girls.

• Options
    Phoebe's from Friends :

Anniversary
  • Options
    I loved Bella's. Also close to April's, I loved Princess/Duchess(??) Kathrine's
    This! I would never have worn the dress after it was in the movie, but I would have if I found it prior to the movie. 
  • Options
    I love Victoria's dress from HIMYM.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I really like April's and Padme's above.

I did really like Bella's, HOWEVER, I don't think it would be very flattering on most women, and I definitely wouldn't want to wear it after the movie.  I wouldn't want to be known as the twilight bride.  PLUS... the version they came out to sell in stores looked much cheaper than the movie version.

SaveSave
  • Options
    ElcaB said:
    I can't stop thinking about how gorgeous April's wedding gown was on Grey's Anatomy. Although I'm not a huge fan of the way the top looks separate from the bottom, the illusion neckline and the skirt look amazing. 

What wedding dresses have you seen on TV and/or film that you absolutely love? Post a pic!

image image
    Oh, I loved her dress! I tried on one very similar at David's Bridal but it just didn't look right on me.
  • Options
    I agree! I wouldn't be able to pull the dress off or want to wear it after the movie but it was so pretty and they made her look beautiful with the hair, clip and the dress was just Soooo pretty lol I think everyone gasped when she walked out in that scene
  • Options
    I love Victoria's dress from HIMYM.
    I didn't see that episode or know that was the dress she wore, but I totally tried on the same one at DB. I actually really liked the way it looked on me, but felt like the shoulder ruffle wasn't structured enough and would be poofing up all over the place. 
  • Options
    Carrie Bradshaw's dress is stunning and was always my favorite (although not quite what I would pick for myself)

Mia from Princess Diaries 2

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I like this dress (but not the veil) from Runaway Bride

From teh Princess Bride

Wedding Black & White, Sepia
  • Options
    I know a lot of people will think I'm nuts, but Maria's dress from The Sound of Music.

I actually chose a very similar dress pattern early on in our planning, when we were still looking at having a winter wedding. Sadly it just wouldn't work in South African midsummer!
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • Options
    Ahhh, yes, the Princess Bride one was great!

Also, not a wedding dress, but I love Drew Barrymore's ballgown in Ever After.  It could work as a wedding dress, I suppose.

SaveSave
  • Options
    monkeysip said:
    Whoops, here it is.
    That would be a fantastic wedding dress, for the right person!
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • Options
  • Options
    I loved the dress Jennifer Lopez wore at the end of The Wedding Planner (can't find a pic) and the one in Nanny McPhee, but my favorite movie dress ever is Keira Knightley's Atonement dress.

• Options
    PolarBearFitzPolarBearFitz member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    It's technically off screen but I'm in love with the dress Kaley Cuoco just got married in on NYE.

• Options
    I liked Monica's friend Friends

Jennifer Garner's in Ghost of Girlfriends Past

From Grey's Anatomy...

Anniversary

• Options
    aefitz29 said:

It's technically off screen but I'm in love with the dress Kaley Cuoco just got married in on NYE.

I love it too! I'm so excited to see non-white wedding dresses becoming popular, especially for first time brides.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    urbaneca said:
    I know a lot of people will think I'm nuts, but Maria's dress from The Sound of Music.

I actually chose a very similar dress pattern early on in our planning, when we were still looking at having a winter wedding. Sadly it just wouldn't work in South African midsummer!
    You're not nuts at all. I think it's gorgeous. I especially love the cut and the buttons on the sleeve. 
  • Options
    I love Carrie Bradshaw's Vera Wang and Oscar De La Renta wedding dresses below. I could never pull them off but I thought they were beautiful.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    OMG Some of you have posted my favorite dresses!!!

My favorite dress and I'm not sure if this counts. Taylor Swift's dresses from Love Story.

monkeysip - First time I saw Ever After and I saw her in that dress I immediately thought that would be a BEAUTIFUL wedding dress.

severmilli12 - I fell in love with Meredith/Izzy's wedding dress. It was frickin gorgeous!! Probably my second favorite.

Padme's and Bella's - they were beautiful and I'm a geek for SW and Twilight so if I had a chance to have either dress, yes I would take it haha.

Mia from Princess Diaries is beautiful =) my third fave.

ANY DRESS that Anne Boleyn wore in the show The Tudors O.O Hell any dress from that show really lmao.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Can't post a picture from here, but I adore Robin's on How I Met Your Mother. It's a Monique Lhulier (no idea how to spell that) that I, sadly, cannot afford.... snif snif.  

I'm actually really glad that lace or sheer sleeves and illusion necklines are popular now. Strapless gowns are beautiful but just don't flatter everyone. It's nice to have more options and still be modern.

• Options
    emmyg65 said:
    I loved the dress Jennifer Lopez wore at the end of The Wedding Planner (can't find a pic) and the one in Nanny McPhee, but my favorite movie dress ever is Keira Knightley's Atonement dress.

this totally reminds me of the green dress Christina Aguilera wore in Burlesque (I'm in love with Christina and this look on her) 

• Options
    Well my dress is based off my favorite movie dress. Belle's yellow ball gown in Beauty and the Beast.
    I think this is my exact dress--or it's very similar.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Strapless-Satin-Ballgown-with-Beaded-Lace-Corset-OP8946_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Silhouette-Ball-Gown

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    fre3doms said:
    Well my dress is based off my favorite movie dress. Belle's yellow ball gown in Beauty and the Beast.
    I think this is my exact dress--or it's very similar.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Strapless-Satin-Ballgown-with-Beaded-Lace-Corset-OP8946_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Silhouette-Ball-Gown
    Yeah it does look like Belle's dress...just strapless and white =) Disney all the way! <3
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards